Start by marking “Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk

Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  1,079 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Dr Bruce Banner has been presumed dead since his execution, following his murderous rampage through Manhattan as the Hulk. But when reports start cropping up of an unidentified creature appearing around the globe, Nick Fury begins to get worried.
Hardcover, Premiere HC, 144 pages
Published October 28th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk

Stephen
PC REVIEW TITLE: Another MARVELous Miss.

HONEST REVIEW TITLE: A SUCKtacular SUCKtacle of SUCKy SUCKness that well and SUCKly SUCKed!!

Reviewed By: Rage with Dignity (hopefully)

Tsk, Tsk, WTFing Tsk, Marvel, you are killing me here. How on Earth-1610 can you FUBAR a Wolverine vs Hulk story and make it so FUGLY that I, a lifetime Wolverine and Hulk fanboy, have to slap a 1 star rating on you? HOW? How does this happen? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!!!!

Okay, let’s review a few of the HUH? moments garnishing this
James DeSantis
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
So this was a little bit of a surprise. I expected this just to be a big old brawl.

I mean it was that.

But we also had some decent amount of dialog that gave reasoning to this fight. Oh we also got Wolverine's spirit animal....yeah...you read that right.

I don't have much to say but that it was a entertainer fun read and that's about...it. There's not much beyond that. So a good time, but nothing special.

Yes...wolverine has a spirit animal. No...it's not a wolverine.
Greg (adds 2 TBR list daily) Hersom
A little background for newcomers or fanboys/girls who have been away for a while: Marvel comic’s ULTIMATE story arcs are a rebirth of the Marvel Universe for a new generation of readers and have storylines that fit better with the recent movie adaptations.
Bruce Banner is sentenced to death and executed by nuclear bomb. Soon after, three random disasters occur in remote places around the world that were not due to nature or terrorists. It doesn’t take S.H.I.E.L.D. long to determine the most like
Shadowdenizen
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Only the most openminded Marvel fans
Recommended to Eric by: $1.99 download on Amazon.com
Shelves: graphic-novels
I bought this because it was too hard to say no to a $1.99 download featuring two of my all-time favorite comic characters. That being said, the characters depicted here, while looking remarkably similar to my favorite characters, are not them.

I am old enough that I predate the "Ultimate Marvel" version of the Marvel universe, which I have to assume is non-canonical as it is so absurd, but the closest parallel I can draw from my comic reading experience is that this seemed like a What If comic,
Mike
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed-series
Don't be fooled. This is not Wolverine Vs. the Hulk. This is much, much more.

But I cannot offer you more than that. Even the spoilers would have spoilers, if you know what I mean.

But I can offer a few gems, examples of the treasures you might find:

Logan: "I don't believe in spirit animals 'cause I ain't a fruitcake. But if I did? &%*% yeah, mine's a wolverine."
Logan's Spirit Animal: "Well, you're wrong. Wolverines aren't even interested in being spirit animals. They're too busy gnashing th
Sonic
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My first prejudiced know-it-all thought was this:

'Oh look, some big shot from television thinks he can write for comics. What he doesn't know is that the comics format is a special language, it is it's own medium, and just cause you co-wrote "Lost" or something, does not mean you know whats what in this graphic medium!'

Damn! Was I ever wrong!

This is fantastic!
Even my assumptions about this being a simple Hulk Vs. Wolverine throw-down were wrong.

With exceptional art to top it off,
I am glad the
Sam Quixote
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
The title and cover art are at odds with each other - "Wolverine vs Hulk" and then a picture of Hulk ripping Wolverine in half. Not much of a matchup, eh? While the fight between the two is brief and one sided, the title says nothing about the third party that gives Hulk a run for his money, and the real story behind the fight.

I've never read anything by Damon Lindelof before but I think he got the characters down really well and enjoyed his globe-trotting bounty hunter storyline that suited Wo
Paul
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not really much of a VS so much as a bro-mance story between the Hulk and Wolverine.
So I suppose this story could be said that Hulk and Wolverine are best frenemies? Sure, why not.
The art and colors are also very nice in this.
Not what I was expecting, it was a nice surprise of a book.
Myles
Hmmm, well the list I have of the Ultimate reading order was way off in putting this so early. Forge's presence was the big tip-off for that.

From watching Lost I already knew that Lindelof had no talent for character. I mean, come on, how many people watched that show for the characterization and their interpersonal involvements? We watched that show for the mysteries and the setting. I've come to terms with just how mediocre that show ended, but the mystery was great while it lasted.

Here in Wol
Feather Mista
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de los personajes y/o los autores
Recommended to Feather by: Que estaba a mano
Leído de la edición española en revistas: Ultimate Lobezno vs. Hulk #1-3. Lindo festival de barrabasadas, mal gusto y diálogos bastante ingeniosos. El dibujo de Yu aporta basante y la narrativa no lineal le da un toque extra de diversión a un guion bueno pero que no deslumbra en casi ningún momento.
Jared Rasic
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every word and every image: sublime. Loved all of it.
Craig
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pretty near perfect, say 4 1/2 stars. Awesome artwork from Leinil Yu and a pretty good story by Lindelof to boot.
Jedhua
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Other Useful Reviews: Sam Quixote's review

Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk issues #1-6.

{3+/5 stars}

description

Five months after S.H.I.E.L.D. supposedly put Bruce Banner to death for his murderous rampage in NYC, several destructive incidents have taken place all over the world. And once a sample of Hulk's excrement is found in Tibet, Fury realizes that his suspicions were correct: Banner somehow survived the atomic explosion that was meant to kill him, and has been wreaking
Dennis Koniecki
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Deric
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-books
I bought this book about 6 years ago when I was starting to get into actually reading comics. I didn't remember being very fond of it when I read back then so I thought I would give it another shot. All I can say is that the 6 years ago me was right.

The first half half of this book is really a mess story telling wise. The only parts of the story that I enjoyed was the panda dream sequence and the final couple scenes. I would say that the art was really good but there was so much unnecessary clea
Darrell Ackerson
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
What can I say? Every word in the title of this story is a selling point. I think it speaks for itself.
Madeleine
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HAHAHA, panda!
Dmitry Yakovenko
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
После кучи просто средних, слабых и отвратительных комиксов в линейке “Ultimate Marvel”, я уже и не рассчитывал, что найду в ней что-нибудь просто хорошее, но как же иногда приятно ошибаться. Да и сам факт, что я нашел не просто что-то хорошее, а отличное, невероятно удивляет и конечно же радует.

В данном сюжете перед читателями предстанет сюжет, повествующий о первый встрече Халка и Росомахи из Ultimate-вселенной. Логана нанимают для убийства Баннера, который совсем распоясался во время последне
Matt Knippel
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so I bought the first issue of this book about 10 years ago and then b/c of a ton of delays and my varying interests in reading single issue comics I never finished it. until now, ten years later which alone is kinda cool. the opening image of Hulk tearing Wolverine in half has always stuck w/ me and I'm super happy I finally got to see how it all concluded. and it did not disappoint. this is just a ton of fun w/ something super righteous happening every single issue. this is a book written by a ...more
La Revistería Comics
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superheroes, ed-esp
HULK vs WOLVERINE: Una historia de nunca ultimar…
Ultimate Lobezno Vs. Hulk es una miniserie editada por Panini en 3 números que recopila la miniserie USA de 6 números que tardó casi cuatro años en completarse (del 12/2005 al 5/2009), debido a la apretada agenda de Damon Lindelof, reconocida figura de la tv estadounidense.

En esta historia Wolverine (o Lobezno para los amigos españoles) es reclutado por S.H.I.E.L.D. para cazar a Hulk, que sobrevivió a una explosión nuclear. Una vez que el petiso r
Bryan Pope
Sep 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Michael
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Andrew Huey
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Bought this on Comixology some time ago, and just got around to reading it.

It's a really fun book, with some nice little touches. (Nick Fury's Bosch painting, for instance.) I was afraid this would just be a big six-issue slugfest, but it was a lot more interesting than that. (Though if you just want a slugfest, there's plenty of that too.)

The art, by Leinil Francis Yu, is pretty good. His style is probably not for everyone, but I like it here. It fits well for the kind of story this is.

M.i.
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun, quick, read...Pretty much boils down to Hulk doing a lot of bad things, Bruce feeling guilty about it and Nick Fury sending out Wolverine to put down the Hulk. Which makes for one heck of an action story. Of course its not as simplistic as stated above, there are actually some interesting twists and turns as the story progresses, but its still your good ole' beat em' down comic story. Lovely artwork, witty banter and some great fight scenes. This a pop corn movie condensed into comics form.
Centauri
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
marvel and their "god characters"
wolverine is immortal, hulk is immortal, and betty ross is now less than lady-like (which is what upset me most). I was cool with the being ripped in half (spoiler alert) part but just being a head and all? that was too much. I enjoyed the puns & banter between banner and logan, and I was pleasantly surprised at the sarcastic wit logan displayed. What I liked most was the delivery of the story, which would make it 4 or 5 stars if NOT for the things I found fa
Hrishi
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm beginning to think Damon Lindelof needs to be restrained when he writes his intricate plots. He needs a foil. This is a classic example of overusing non-linear story-telling (the out of order scenes and flashbacks ended up bugging me severely - and this from a man who endured three seasons of LOST); trying to be too "smart" about twists and surprises; and pissing off fans by (view spoiler)

It gets two stars only because some of the artwork
Richard Barnes
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This would have had 4 stars - the art is great, the story is fun and is cleverly put together and there's plenty of souped up action. However, it is part of the Ultimates line - exactly why Marvel feels the need to re-tell all of its stories from the past is unknown to me (well, it makes money I suppose).

It's a pity that there is a clear lack of imagination which means writers can't tell NEW stories, so we get an endless stream of "re-boots".

This is clearly a good writer, and clearly a very good
Michael Liggett
It was a decent rehash of a classic rivalry. I like that the Hulk was treated as a being of pure primal reflex and desire. It was a good excuse to draw a room full of voluptuous Asian chicks in bikinis laying provocatively around the Hulk if nothing else.

Since all we can expect from Marvel and DC are retooling a of rehashes of reboots of old, old characters and themes then it counts as high praise when I say this isn't the worst one they've done.
Jordan Lahn
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Always fun seeing ideas from the regular Marvel Universe get translated into an Ultimate story. This story clearly draws from Wolverines first appearance in Incredible Hulk 180, but it's perfectly retold in the context of Banner's failed execution in Ultimates 2. There's also the introduction of the Ultimate version of She-Hulk, with an unexpected twist on her origin. Overall a fun story, and I hope some of these ideas get revisited in later Ultimate books.
  • Ultimate Hulk vs. Iron Man: Ultimate Human
  • Incredible Hulk, Volume 1: Son of Banner
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 16: Cable
  • Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Volume 2
  • Wolverine: Wolverine's Revenge

Wolverine Marvel Comics (1 - 10 of 217 books)
  • The Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine: Origin
  • Wolverine: Origin II
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Wolverine: Season One