Start by marking “Living In Style Without Losing Your Mind” as Want to Read:
Living In Style Without Losing Your Mind

Living In Style Without Losing Your Mind

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Book by Pasanella, Marco
Published May 4th 2000 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Living In Style Without Losing Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living In Style Without Losing Your Mind

Anna
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writer--wouldn't matter the subject matter. I happen to be fascinated by interior design. This book provides you with good basic design principles along with fascinating tips. While guiding you to understand your own taste, the author helps you recognize good taste. Best of all, he gives you permission to do whatever you want as long as you have a good reason.
Christy
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home
I love an approach to decorating and design that isn't "buy all new stuff!" or completely devoted to minimalism. I doubt anyone can truly teach good style, but Pasanella's take on simplicity and personal needs, desires, and tastes is an inspiring read.
Erika RS
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Pasanella's goal is to describe the tools you need to make a home stylish and livable. Combine this with some practical instruction, and you get a book that is unique among the books I have read about house and home.

Part one an overview of concepts. The most important concept is gathering and retreat.
Whether you live in a mansion or in a studio, in Boston or in Bali, there are only two types of rooms: those that bring us together (gathering places) and those that allow us to get away (retreats)
Corey Friedrich
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the best decorating book ever! Not a lot of pretty pictures to inspire you, just an overview of good design techniques to make a room pop. Usually I bring home decorating books from the library to be inspired by the photos and don't really read the text, but this one was so good that I bought a copy for myself.
Kathy
Mar 04, 2008 rated it liked it
A great basic book on home design. Has some general principles that are easy to follow and get the reader to rethink the idea of home. I love it that the author's advice is that if you find yourself going out to buy a lot of things, something is wrong. It's about using the things you have in a new way.
Timothy Stobbs
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Likely one of the best basic books on design I have ever read. It lacks specifics but instead teaches you the big picture on how to do your own interior design.
Evelyn
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Some very nice pictures. It was also good to see examples of what not to do. Advice summary: follow what you like, keep it simple, a house is meant for habitation.

Best pages: 27, 44-45, 60, 121