Start by marking “A Forbidden Temptation (The Shields, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Forbidden Temptation (The Shields, #4)

A Forbidden Temptation (The Shields #4)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  444 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Salute!

As one of the youngest men ever to have the title of general in ancient Rome's great army, fame and fortune were my bedmates. I was chosen by the Fae for my mastery of any weapon.

Though the Shields like to claim they are stronger because of my skills, I know I am only alive today because the Fae found me before my demons could put an end to my life. Adventure and
Published December 2012 by DL Grant, LLC (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Forbidden Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forbidden Temptation

Sandy S
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: I had not read any of the previous storylines in Donna Grant’s Shields series and yet I did not feel that I was lost. Although there was mention of and, appearances by the characters from the first three stories, the storyline could have been read as a stand-alone. I did go back to read the synopsis for each of the previous storylines.

The premise that surrounds the series follows a group of ancient warriors, who with the help of the Fae, are tracking down and reuniting the remaining Chos
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review for the corrected version of Forbidden Temptation

If you like a paranormal romance, this book is for you! It's a story of intrigues and secrets of the Highlands of Scotland. I liked her characters Nicole, Val and Gabriel. Nicole is one of the chosen ones, but she doesn't know it. Val and Gabriel are Shields. They protect the chosen ones from the evil mythological creatures wreaking on Earth. Nicole was raised in the Highlands and kept hidden from evil so she might have a future. Val is a S
Patricia
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Forbidden Temptation was fantastic with a lot of suspense, intrigue, twists and turns and steamy romance. We delve into good versus evil knowing that each Shield will find his one true love and ultimately conguer the demons enforced from the evil one. Book 4 is Val's story and how he overcomes his painful past and believing he doesn't deserve love only to realize that finding love with his mate Nicole, freed him from his painful past. Donna creates such vivid imagery with her writing that the ...more
Vicki Lake
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I adored Val's story! This was a wonderful book full of adventure, friends, love and action! I love learning more about Donna's characters and 'watching' them fall in love! I love how all of these men try to push away the women they cannot live without! Val's story has been my favorite of the shields, thus far! I cannot wait for the final story! Thank you for yet another book, that left me wanting more Donna!
Jessie H.
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally, we get to learn Val's back story! He fascinated me since he is one of the few mortals left in the shields and he is from ancient Rome. This story is picking up with the Great Evil getting more hands on in the fight. I liked Nicole but she's not my favorite heroine in this series. I can't wait for the next book in the series so we can find out more about Gabriel! January 22 can't get here fast enough!

This book contains some sexy times.
Netanella
May 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Mya
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, fae
This story was good, not as good as her others in the series, but I wasn't ever drawn in much by Val.. in this book I found he had succumbed to his weakness too easily. I am really looking forward to Gabriel's story...
Michelle the Romance Witch
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
wow awesome. lots of emotional upheaval.
Krissys

Exciting plot- check
Want him- check
love it - check, check!
Christine Brunberg
i enjoyed the book.did not expect that the creature that was sent to kill nicole was her brother.can't wait to see what happens in the last book in the series.
Michelle Leah Olson
Another awesome installment in THE SHIELDS series! I didn't love it as much as Cole's book, but I liked it a little bit better than Hugh's. I can't wait for Gabriel's story!
--Full review to come...
Vikki
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great adventure for The Sheilds.
Tania
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: donna-grant
Really very good. Can't wait to read the next one.
Ja-paige
Christine
Jul 11, 2012
Barbara Stoker
May 29, 2015
  • Warrior's Last Gift (Warrior, #1.5)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • His Seduction (MacGruder Brothers, #5)
  • The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger
  • Reckoning (Lost Highlander, #4)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Spellbound Falls, #4)
  • The Pleasure of His Bed
  • Warrior Betrayed (Sons of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • Taming The Beast
  • My Daring Highlander (Highland Adventure #4)
  • Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • Faery Queen (Realm Immortal, #2)
  • A Midwinter Fantasy (Strangely Beautiful, #2.5; Sylph, #2.5; The Magic Knot, #3)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g
More about Donna Grant...

The Shields (5 books)
  • A Dark Guardian (The Shields, #1)
  • A Kind of Magic (The Shields, # 2)
  • A Dark Seduction (The Shields, #3)
  • A Warrior's Heart (The Shields, # 5)