Start by marking “Uma Escolha por Amor” as Want to Read:
Uma Escolha por Amor

Uma Escolha por Amor

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  143,237 ratings  ·  7,335 reviews
Travis Parker tinha tudo o que um homem podia desejar: um bom emprego, grandes amigos e uma casa de sonho. Não encontrara ainda a sua alma gémea, mas também não sentia a sua falta... pelo menos, até ao dia em que um mal-entendido levou Gabby Holland, a nova vizinha, a bater-lhe à porta.
Gabby também não tencionava sucumbir aos encantos de Travis. Para começar, tinha uma rel
Published October 2007 by Editorial Presença (first published September 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Uma Escolha por Amor, please sign up.
Bridgot For the most part I didn't think so but there were some parts that I thought were sad, but it's has a happy ending (:
Sharon Unfortunately not, because Nicholas Sparks doesn't usually do sequels. HOWEVER, get EXCITED because they are making this into a FILM woohooo! The…moreUnfortunately not, because Nicholas Sparks doesn't usually do sequels. HOWEVER, get EXCITED because they are making this into a FILM woohooo! The castings are posted on "The Choice" facebook page if you want to see it!(less)

·  143,237 ratings  ·  7,335 reviews

Aishu Rehman
Loved this book, and as all of his books this is unpredictable with a really happy ending. I loved this book and again provided me with lots of warm fuzzy, even the odd tear was shed moments. It sweeps you up into fantasy situation where you can easily loose touch with reality. A great escape from life's mundane events.
Laura Cashavelly
Jul 17, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Sparks, All my life I believed in order for a wonderful marriage all you needed was true love. And now, knowing that for a relationship to work it needs much more then love, reading your books is honestly quite pathetic and sad. All your books are the same, have you ever thought about writing a book that doesn't involve two people falling in love over the course of twenty-four hours?
Angela
Dec 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star-reads
This isn't going to be a long review, but it will be a ranting one. Just going to jump right in...

The characters in this book are ridiculous! First Gabby. One word- Annoying! She got on my last nerve. This is going to sound insane, but she thought way to much. The first half of this book is her just thinking... but it's about nothing at all. She just goes on and on and on about any and everything!!!! Then on top of her babbling she was obsessed with making it crystal clear that she had a boyfri
Lisa
Sep 26, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Choice has assured I will never read another Nicholas Sparks book. I found this novel to be a long-winded, tedious waste of time. And I got really irritated with his lack of research. If you are going to write about a dog whelping – get your facts right. If you are going to write about comatose people – get your facts right. Oh yeah, and if your leading lady is an accomplished P.A. , you might want to try giving her a brain. And I’m sorry, but I see nothing redeeming about defying a person’s ...more
Katie
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
********MAJOR SPOILERS*********

For those of you who have read this book..... Did you have as many problems with it as I did?

First of all Gabby is in a committed relationship and even though its not a perfect one, its not terrible and they're in love. Then she spends some time with Travis and BAMMM! she's in love with him too only after two days! What? And they had to say in like the stupidest way possible! 'i love you Travis Parker.' 'And I love you Gabby Holland.' I do not understand how that
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
“How far should a person go in the name of true love?”

The Choice. I made the wrong choice when deciding to read this lol. Sadly this was not an enjoyable read at all. It was very boring and extremely predictable! It seemed to go on and on and on. It's bad when you find yourself not caring for any of the characters and your constantly checking to see how much more is left to read. Gabby was just plan and annoying. While Travis was so completely perfect and single!..?. Can you say BORING? I did
Nikki De Los Santos
Pulled at my heart strings and ended up crying for about 5 mintues at the end. His writting has a way of getting in your head and you can imagine yourself in the situation. What would you do......
Elise
Jan 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nicholas Sparks fans
Rebekah
review found at: www.awesomebooknut.com

I wanted to read this book as soon as I saw the trailer for the movie. But I had to ask a friend if it had a happy ending or a sad one, cause I wanted to be prepared going into it. I usually don't do that but with this author, you just never know!
I loved Travis as a character. He seemed genuinely nice and care-free. I felt that he was a guy enjoyed the pleasures of the world especially when it came to women. He wants to one day settle down but hadn't found
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
This book was a bit longer than I think it needed to be but overall an okay read. Nothing super amazing though, which was a bit disappointing but oh well.
Célia Loureiro
Bilingual review / Opinião bilingue

ENG

This must be the 10th Nicholas Sparks book that I read, after a few years break. The last one had been “Dear John”, and I hated it to the point that I never thought I’d read one book from this man again. To be clear: he’s still the same. If you want to know his “formula”, mix up these ingredients:
- Many dialogues (to make it lighter) with easy and random jokes;
- Really cool and sexy guy with little holes on his chicks who enjoys his beer;
- Pseudo-independent
Vivian
Mar 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vivian by: mom
Becky
Nov 26, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Nicholas Sparks, readers who like sentimental love stories
Shelves: romance, adult
When a new Nicholas Sparks novel comes out, you know what you're in for - a southern romance between a romantic, lovable, handsome man and an intelligent, independent, naturally beautiful woman. It will be a fast read that makes you long for the simple, small town life. I'm not a big fan of romances, but Sparks books are simply good stories and always enjoyable reads. Also, one never knows whether the ending will be a certifiable tear-jerker or joyful happiness. "The Choice" is about two neighbo ...more
Sheri
Apr 26, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, what a monumental waste of time and money!! It was insipid and anyone could have written it without being a bestselling author. The worst thing is that I paid full price for it at the airport and didn't even like it well enough to pass it on to anyone else to read. Why inflict more pain? I don't know that I'll ever read another one of his books again and if I do, rest assured, I'll get it at the library. The funny thing is that my other choice was a Grisham novel (another author who writes ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
I'm one of the few people on the planet who is not a huge Nicholas Sparks fan, but that said, I liked this book.

This is a book for those times when you just want to sit in front of the fire and read something that isn't too deep. It's a very easy read, something that you can put down when the kids need diapers changed or someone has started a kitchen fire, and when you have the chance to pick it back up, you won't be totally lost.

The story line is easy to follow, not so many characters that thi
Paul E. Morph
This was my first Nicholas Sparks (unless you count the movie version of The Notebook) and it was... OK, actually.

Yes, it's schmaltzy but I'm a big ol' softie beneath my tank-like exterior and am not completely averse to some schmaltz from time to time. While this didn't exactly set my world afire, it was quite entertaining and even had some poignant moments. I'll probably read some more Sparks eventually but there're definitely a lot of books in front of it in the queue...
Kirsti
Dec 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yech. So I thought the Notebook was a little disappointing, but suspected that was because I'd seen and adored the movie so much that it overrode the contents of the book. Now I decide to read another of the Sparks books, only to be terribly disappointed AGAIN. I must be a sucker for punishment.

First, Travis is perfect. Utterly perfect, and I would punch him in the face if I met him in real life, not fall madly in love with him. All he seems to do is exercise, so accordingly, he is physical perf
Becky
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to be in a certain type of mood to read a Sparks book. A friend told me this was a good, but I get irritated with Sparks tendency to kill off his protagonists by the end.

The Choice is a great read (and thoughtful...who doesn't need to be reminded that we all need Living Wills.) I loved the Part One where Travis and Gabby "grow" in love. Part Two moves too quickly, but this might not be a bad thing. As a reader, I wanted more details, but admit this would have muddle the plot and ultimatel
Melissa
But what if . . .

No one can write a love story like Nicholas Sparks. There something about the way he tells a story that gets me every single time.

This isn’t my favorite of his books, but it’s one that I still really enjoyed. What made the story great was Travis and Gabby. Their banter and teasing made me laugh and their connection felt natural from the start. They just sort of fit.

It was hard for me to believe that anyone would be ready to say the l-word after only one weekend together thou
Marie-Eve Côté
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
WOW !! This book takes my breath away. The title of the book is so right and I hope that I will never have to do that choice. Nicholas Sparks wrote another incredible book that I won't forget any soon! I without a doubt recommand The Choice to everyone, it makes me feel grateful for what I have. Seriously people, read this book !! Travis & Gabby are going to be in my heart for a while
Selena
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH WOW TOUCHED MY SOUL!!!!
Shaikha
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I watched the movie first and I absolutely HATED it, I was VERY very disappointed.
Then I decided to give it another chance since it's about a medical student (kind of obsessed with the concept) and read the book during the summer, just going to be honest here, I couldn't even finish it.
SHALLOW AND ANNOYING!
I do feel bad giving this book less than 3 stars but damn Nicholas Sparks, you could do SO much better! The plot actually had potential, it started off as okay but then shit turned bad. 👎🏼
Fizah(Books tales by me)
“Spending time with you showed me what I’ve been missing in my life.”

I watched the movie 4,5 years ago so I didn’t remember most of the story. I enjoy Nicholas Sparks writing and the way he put magic in his not-extra ordinary stories, But after reading this book I realised that I should give his books a space now, They all starting to give me same vibes, I read A bend in road and The choice in a month, both stories deals with grown-up people, which is not the thing I enjoyed most, First half of
Nicole
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book starts out. Gabby accusing Travis of his dog getting her dog pregnant - the banter is just hilarious. The fact that she took Molly to the clinic that Travis works at is hilarious too. Isn't it ironic - it is like fate is putting them together. These two cannot resist each other and are becoming closer and closer. I feel so bad for Travis having to decide to take her off life support or not - even though she wants to be taken off as he will says he just can't seem to do it. W ...more
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5/5 - I've read a lot of romances, and I mean a lot (over 300), but somehow I've managed to miss reading anything by Nicholas Sparks. I've seen at least four of his movies and really enjoyed them all, so I hope my first experience with a book of his is just as good. To be continued...

6/5 - I'm surprised to learn that I've actually seen nine of Sparks' eleven movies (I didn't realise there were so many of them or that I'm such a sucker for a that kind of movie). The only ones I've missed are Mess
Jana
Dec 18, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I surely have a problem. I read another book from Sparks. He is trying to be Jodie Picoult, but it's not going for him. His characters are awfully shallow and stereotypical - his story is so so, but he doesn't know how to describe it.

He is a Budweiser guy, she is shy and naive. He is uber sexy, she is not so. And he tells her he loves her after 2 days (although he was a complete vagabond for his 30something years), and she does as well, but he tells her that first.

Sparks' popular psychology ana
Kit
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any silly romantic lover
This book is very interesting. Like most of Nicholas Sparks romance books you fall in love with the characters and what the best to happen for them, but in a small way some thing goes wrong, but it always ends up leaving you all warm inside.
I find this one different because even though the back cover describes the book to be about Travis, most of the story line is about Gabby's side of view in there whole time of getting to know each other.
The first part of the story starts out in Feb 2007, an
Jananee (headinherbooks)
The Rating: 2.5/5

The Overall, Non-Spoiler review:

What did I just read? I am 1000% sure that I have read Sparks before and actually enjoyed him but this book was hands down ridiculous and so, SO tedious.

The biggest problem I had were the characters- Travis was unbelievably flawless, one-dimensional and downright boring and Gabby was annoying and once again BORING.

For some reason, Sparks thought it was a good idea to avoid the classic "show don't tell" rule and explained everything right down t
Julianne
Lisa Jonsson
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I have to say that I LOOOOVED the movie. I loved it so much that I saw it two days in a row and cried both times. I was really excited to read the book and had quite high hopes for it!

I think the book was good but sooo different compared to the movie. The movie was so much more epic I would say, more stuff happened.
In the movie Gabby was quite resistant against Travis because no one said no to him and I really liked that. It was cute! But in the book she wasn't like that at all and like I
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks --> Starting 23rd March 25 18 Mar 31, 2018 09:18PM
The Book Was Better: The Choice 3 35 Dec 25, 2017 11:47AM
The Choice 1 10 Jan 23, 2017 10:48AM
Contemporary YA: The Choice Book vs. Movie 1 25 Feb 07, 2016 11:48AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Nicholas Sparks
  • The Carousel (The Locket, #3)
  • Wokini: A Lakota Journey to Happiness and Self-Understanding
  • The Last Valentine
  • Last Kiss
  • Like Dandelion Dust
  • Sam's Letters to Jennifer
  • Reader's Digest Select Editions, Volume 291, 2007 #3: Dear John / The Two Minute Rule / Can't Wait to Get to Heaven / A Whole New Life
  • Between Friends / Home to Honeymoon Harbor
  • An Accidental Woman
  • Speak

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the n

“Spending time with you showed me what I’ve been missing in my life.” 2058 likes
“How far should a person go in the name of true love?” 1033 likes