Start by marking “Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)

Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,177 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
In the California coastal town of Angel's Bay, an old legend says that sometimes, when they're needed, angles from an old shipwreck appear and good triumphs over evil.

Jenna Davies flees to the close-knit community of Angel's Bay with a seven-year-old child, a dangerous secret, and a heart full of pain. She wants nothing more than to live a quiet life, but when she sees a t
Published June 30th 2009 by Pocket Star

Jana Deleon
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is my first Barbara Freethy book, but it was not the last. I really enjoyed the small ocean-town setting and the characters. I enjoyed it so much, that I bought and read all the rest of the books in this series and have moved on to her other works.

These are romance books, so each book will have a new hero/heroine that the focus of the story is on. However, the secondary characters are given plenty of story space and large character arcs which are carried from book to book. This adds so much
Songül
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Hikayeyi ve yazarı sevdim..Keşke Epsilon seriye devam edebilseydi diye düşünüyorum ama biliyorum ki imkansız bir şey istiyorum :)Zira 2012 den beri bu yazarla ilgili bir hareket olmadığını düşünürsek ..Yine yaptın yapacağını demek geliyor içimden epsilon yayınevi için...
♥Jamie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the start to the Angel's Bay series by Barbara Freethy. In a small California coastal town, Angel's Bay, the belief in angels that protect the town's inhabitants run deep. It is said that when a ship wrecked off the coast in the 1800's that angel's blessed those that survived and welcomed to heaven those that didn't. Now, one hundred and fifty years later, the townsfolk take pride in their beautiful paradise and continue the traditions of their ancestors.

Summary:
Jenna Davies and her daug
Mandy
Another 5 star Barbara Freethy book. I love how her writing keeps you on the edge of your seat. She is usually classified as contemporary romance, but she finds ways to mix elements of mystery and suspense into her stories perfectly. This book was the first in her Angel's Bay series. At first I thought this was just another contemp. romance that took place in a small town, (Seems to be the fad lately) but I was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise. A great refreshing read from a different voic ...more
Esra
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy
Çok güzel bir romandı.. Sırlar ve mistik olaylarla dolu... Devamını merak ediyorum umarım çıkar çünkü hikaye havada kaldı.. Colin'e ne olacak mesela... Sonra Charlotte kimi seçecek... Annie'nin bebeğinin babası belli olacak mı?
Bence çok güzel bir seri umarım devam eder epsilon ama hiç umudum yok nedense :/ Çıkmazsa da serinin orjinalini bulup okurum sanırım :)
Cindy Kanode
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good, easy Summer read with romance and mystery. Book #1 of a series. Looking forward to book #2
Sarah Webber
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not one of her best. Too many people introduced to set up all the coming books. And Jenna's story was resolved too quickly. But I'm interested on Charlotte's story. So I'll keep reading.
Kim Pritt
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK!!! Could not put it down! This is, I believe, the second Barbara Freethy book I have read and really enjoyed and will definitely look for more by her. I totally adored the characters and stepped right into their lives and their dramas. Everyone had either a secret they were hell bent on keeping or a past they refused to talk about......they all seemed to be hiding something or some emotion - either in a more minor way or, in the case of Jenna and Lexie, in a life or death kinda w ...more
Cheryl
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and am looking forward to the other books in this series. This book is a mixture of mystery, suspense, romance and angels. Although everything was not tied up at the end, it is the first of a series. Yes, it would have be nice to have some questions answered but I didn't feel deprived. It just made me anxiously awaiting for the next book in the series, which doesn't come out until April 2010. Darn!!!

The wonderment of Lexie's belief in the angels was magical and if you walk away
Becky
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this book at a thrift store. This is the first in the Angel's Bay Series. The main character has come to Angel's Bay with a child, hiding from her sister's murderer and who also is the father of the child. She isn't looking for attention until she rescues a pregnant teenager from killer herself in the bay. A reporter who is doing a job regarding the sightings of angle's in the bay and unusual carvings on the cliff is running and hiding from his own demons. The characters are so powerfu ...more
Bookworm Bitches : September 2013: Suddenly One Summer 9 84 Oct 02, 2013 11:05PM
  • Tales from the Pantry: Random Rants & Musings of a Stay-At-Home Mom
  • The Art Of Men (I Prefer Mine Al Dente)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Slow Summer Burn (Star Harbor #4)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Coming Home (Chesapeake Diaries #1)
  • Forever & Ever (Wyckerley Trilogy #3)
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • Pitch Black
  • Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
  • Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16)
  • Ready & Willing (Kentucky Derby, #2)
  • The Seeds of a Daisy
  • Men to Die For
  • Emily's Ghost
  • Sultry Nights
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)