Start by marking “Road to Revolution!” as Want to Read:
Road to Revolution!

Road to Revolution!

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
You can't make history without making a little trouble!

Nick is an orphan who gets by on his wits and whatever he can steal. Penny is the daughter of a tavern owner and knows the meaning of honest work. Though from completely different backgrounds—and despite their instant dislike for each other—they do have one thing in common: They both want the British out of Boston! Whe
Published July 21st 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Scope
Jan 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Quality graphic novels based on historical events are hard to find. And there have been many attempts. You've probably seen 'em while flipping through a catalog full of nonfiction:

"Your reluctant readers are going to love "I Am Not a Crook", the Watergate graphic novel!"

The problem? Many of these titles employ the following formula:

1. Take important elements of historical event

2. Draw some stiff panels depicting these events

3. Pack the caption boxes to the point of bursting

4. Add brief, awkward
Ariana
Mar 16, 2015 added it
Kyle Jorris
Road to Revolution is an informative, historical novel the narrates the journey of a boy named Nick, and a girl named Penelope. The book is written in comic form, and is full of maps and pictures to help tell the story visually, to kids. Nick and Penelope (who are fictional characters) spy and fight for real historical people like Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, and Joseph Warren. Together they tell the story of how the revolutionary war started and ended.
The book’s historical retelling is accurate e
Emma-Jean
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Penny Brown, the protagonist in 'Road To Revolution,' is a brave young girl who is very loyal to her America. She has strong feelings against the British, due to the fact they have seemed to inhabit her beautiful town of Boston. One day in the busy North Market Square Penny runs into an orphaned boy named Nick. He's a brave little fellow, just like Penny, despising the British. Penny and Nick become fast friends, always looking for ways to help their country. They act as spies, feeding little t ...more
Robyn Hawk
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, young-adult
American History via Graphic Novel...whatever it takes to get kids to learn!

I am a firm believer that if we don't know where we came from - we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of our forefathers. This book looks at a time in history that formed, shaped and defined who we are as Americans.

This book is recommended for 10-15 year olds - I can remember how hard it was at that age to sit through some history classes. In history class it can be hard to follow - but this romp through history with youn
Andy Trinh
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Living by wit and skill, Nick had robbed money from the riches or bad people to live through the day. He has well know by the nearby villagers. His jobs eventually lead him to have conflict with the British army and met the nice and pretty girl live in the same town, Penelope. Later on, they participate in the rebel to get rid of the annoying British and take back their freedom, which prefer as the American Revolutionary War.
I recommended this book to young adult or younger since it seem to fit
Donalyn
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book is a graphic novel recounting the early days of the American Revolutionary War.

I found the historical details accurate and presenting interestingly through the eyes of two fictional characters-- Nick and Penny. What I disliked about the book was the poor quality of the illustrations and the use of pratfalls and balloons. It's as if the illustrator has not looked at the high quality of the artwork and storytelling in today's modern graphic novels.
Amanda Day
Graphic novel about two children during the Revolutionary War.
Ms.Gaye
May 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Great, fun way to learn history! I hope they publish more in this series!
Rod Brown
rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2010
Rebecca Plaza
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well done 'you are there' tale of Boston rebels and rebellion. I love S. Mack real life funnies.
Jess Piszczor