Start by marking “Mackenzie's Magic (Mackenzie Family, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Mackenzie's Magic (Mackenzie Family, #3.5)

Mackenzie's Magic

(Mackenzie Family #3.5)

The final chapter of Linda Howard's beloved Mackenzie family saga! Meet Maris Mackenzie-- and the sexy stranger she woke up to find in her bed! Unfortunately, she had no memory of Alex MacNeil, the previous day... or the prize Thoroughbred she'd apparently stolen...
Published September 1st 2007 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published 1996)

Aou
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, virgin-h
I know it was silly but sweet and warm. Thus 3,5 stars.
Dee
Let me start of by saying that I hated Maris’ story being a novella…I feel cheated, she is a Mackenzie, the same as the boys so deserved her own full story.

It was a cute little story and I am sorry to keep banging on about it, but it was just too short!…Everything felt rushed and because of the constraint of page space this story suffered…it had so much potential, it could have been a really special story if it was full length.

Maris is a horse trainer and discovers that her employers are going t
Karla
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable novella featuring the only female MacKenzie sibling, Maris, and Mac, the sexy FBI agent that she falls in love with. My favorite part of this book is the end at MacKenzie's mountain with the family...little Nick stole the show!
Lisa
This little novella came as a real letdown for me. I've been happily working my way through the MacKenzie series and was really looking forward to Maris's story. After hearing endless references to Maris in all the other books, I couldn't wait to see what Howard would do for Wolf and Mary's only daughter. And the premise of this book was great. If it had been a full-length novel instead of this short novella I probably would have loved it. But instead the great premise only serves to tease and i ...more
Zeek
Maris, the only daughter of Wolf and Mary Mackenzie, has no idea how she ended up in bed with the hired help; a giant goose egg on the back of her head has made her forget most of what happened the night before. But the gentle care of Alex “Mac” Macneil reassures her she’s in the right hands.

Mac had no idea the woman in charge of one of the most famous race horses in the country was hurt as badly as she was when he put her to bed the night before, but he’s determined to keep her safe and far awa
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Five over protective brothers & a fierce warrior of a father have made romance a bit of a challenge for Mavis Mackenzie . . . that and her love of horses. No one is more surprised than her when she falls for an alpha warrior of her own - one she wakes up in bed with - with no memory of his name or the events of the night before. Oh my! Let the games begin!! A great, short story that warms the heart...and sheets! A Must Read!
Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm torn between 3 and 4 stars. I liked it a lot but I felt it was too short and we missed something. Maris MacKenzie, part of Linda Howard's MacKenzie Family, wakes up in a strange room with a headache and a drifter. The drifter is a temporary helper at the horse farm where she trains horses. Apparently, she stole a horse and is on the run and recruited Alex MacNeil to help her.
Sometime
A nice little novella. I loved Maris and Mac and it was great to see all of the MacKenzie's together. There was some insta-love and the side plot about who was killing the horses was interesting.
Jane Stewart
Sep 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Fluffy, lightweight novella with typical romance novel characters. Not enough time for relationship development.

MACKENZIE'S MAGIC by Linda Howard.

STORY BRIEF:
Maris is a horse trainer. Someone plans to harm her favorite horse, and Maris is hit in the head. She wakes up in a motel room the next day with a concussion. Mac is with her. He was recently hired to work with her on the horse farm. Together they try to figure out what is going on and what to do about it. Maris has no memory of what she wa
Kathleen
Audio narrated by Dennis Boutsikaris. He did a decent job, but it's not an outstanding performance. This is a novella -- Book 4 in the Mackenzie Family series. The romance is not convincing and neither is the suspense plot, involving horse-racing insurance fraud and murder. Not enough relationship development between horse-whisperer Maris Mackenzie and FBI agent Alex MacNiel (Mac). Maris knew she loved Mac immediately. He took a wee bit longer. Maris and Mac engage in some sleuthing around to s ...more
Skip Ryan
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
In a perfect world, every book in this series would have gotten 1 1/2 stars from me. 1/2 star for the writing, plot, etc. and 1 star for the comedic value. I mean, really, how is she a best selling author? My favorite part was when she magically created an adopted brother, so that she could write about another Mackenzie finding a 29 year old virgin, who had never had a relationship before, falling in love with her and getting married in the space of days. Too funny!
Sofi
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Short and bitter-sweet, it is time for me to say goodbye to one of my favorite families, the Mackenzies.

Btw, Nick stole the show at the end - I was not pleased, then again, I'm not a big fan of children for a reason.
Or_O
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
เรืองของมาริส ลูกสาวคนเลกของวูลฟกับแมรี ลูกสาวคนเดียวกควรจะเดนสุดใชมัย ปรากฏวาไมคะ เรืองของเธอเปนเหมือนเรืองแถม ชางนอยนิดอยางนาสงสาร อะไรกันนี

มาริสเปนครูสอนฝึกมา เธอเปนลูกทีรับทักษะดานมามาจากวูลฟมากทีสุด

เรืองนีนางเอกไปรูเรืองการทุจริตเกียวกับมาโดยบังเอิญ แตดันทำความทรงจำขาดหายไป สวนพระเอกเปนเอฟบีไอทีปลอมตัวมาสืบคดีเรืองนีอยู

นางเอกจะเปนแนวซือตรง กลาหาญ เจอพระเอกกรูสึกถูกชะตา และคิดวาคนนีแหละทีตัวเองจะแตงดวย พูดงายๆ คือนางรุกพระเอกกอนเลย

สวนพระเอกไมคอยเดนนักเมือเทียบกับพระเอกคนอืนๆ ในชุด (กแหง ดูแม
Beth
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I was happy to see that Maris had moved to Kentucky for this short update. Another whirlwind romance, which was fine, and a surprisingly reluctant trip to the bedroom, which was also fine. I would have liked more time on the horse, or just to see Maris do what she does best, but as an addendum to the family saga it works. I wouldn't advise it as a stand-alone, though.
Myself
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: retorita2-0
3/5
Relato demasiado corto y demasiado rápido. Está empezando la historia, muy precipitadamente, y antes de darte cuenta ya ha terminado. Te falta casi todo.
Quinn's Book Nook
My least favorite in the series, but I do still like it. Full review soon.
Jae
I wish that the sole story about the girl-offspring was a full length book and and not a novella. I mean, the books about the boys are only category length anyway, so why did Maris get short-changed? There was a lot of potential that could have been fully utilized with 100 or so more pages. I'm okay with the fact that not all of the kids got their own books, I'm just a little resentful that the only girl got half a story.
willaful
Aug 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: diehard Mackenzier series completionists
If I'd found this in an anthology of short stories, I might have liked it more, but being asked to swallow it as an actual novel just ticked me off. When it started seemingly in the middle of a story, I was intrigued. When the suspense plot ended within about 5 seconds and the hero and heroine fell in love even faster, I was annoyed. The rest of the story was wedding hijinks; I was bored.
Amanda S.
Surprisingly, this book isn't as "boom" as the previous ones. I don't know, I guess it's because I'm attracted by Mackanzie's men and in this book, the Mackanzie is Maris, the only daughter. So..

Overall I enjoyed it, though at first it was a bit confusing. Nick, Zane's little girl is UH-MA-ZING! I wanna read her own book someday!!

Let's jump to Chance's story!!
HÜLYA
Dec 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ben bu hikayeden hiçbir şey anlamadım...Yani ne zaman aşık oldular evlendiler...Linda Howard kitabı olduğuna inanamıyorum....
Neşe
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendisi Mackenzie serisinin bilmem kaçıncı kitabı ama bizde bu seride sadece bu kitap çevrili ve malum yayınevi kepenkleri indirdiği için elim böğrümde merakta kalacağım. Çünkü Mackenzie ailesini şu 89 sayfada baya sevdim.

Konu kısaca şöyle ki 89 sayfadan kısa olduğu zaten anlaşılıyor kitapta bir nevi novella sayılır. Maris ünlü bir at yetiştiricisi çalıştığı çiftlikte bir gün çok sevdiği atın sigortadan para almak uğruna öldürüleceğini öğrenir ve atı kaçırmaya karar verir. O sırada FBI ajanı ola
Debbie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maris is the only daughter of Wolf of Mary Mackenzie. Just like her dad, she’s amazing with horses. When she discovers that someone is threatening to harm one where she works, Maris takes the horse to protect him. Only she doesn’t remember doing it and she certainly doesn’t remember how she ended up in bed with Mac, the sexy drifter who works at the ranch.

I liked both Maris and Mac, but I wished that their story was longer. I felt like we didn’t get enough time with them. I did enjoy getting to
Elizabeth
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to Mari's book and unfortunately it didn't lived up to my expectations. I think the problem was the fact that it was to short to give it justice. It felt so rushed and definitely there was not time to actually feel a deep connection between them. Ahrrr! I am just so disappointed. I did loved to get to meet the previous characters I so felt I love ( Zane, Joe, Wolf and their wife's and children.
Christine Jalili
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was really excited to finally get Maris’ story. She’s the youngest and the only girl to Wolf and Mary. She has five older, over protective brothers. Love how quickly she falls for Mac. But what happened and why does she have a concussion? I was really absorbed into this book and the ending is so cute. I highly recommend this book.
Alex H
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have to say it is a regression comparing to other Linda's novels. I am not sure why she is so interested in the saga that she has individual story almost each of Mackenzie's child. I still think that the first one about Wolf and Mary is the best one in this series. Though it is quite cute when she describes the way Mackenzie's man react to Mac, Maris husband, in their first meeting.
Yvonne Fortin
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Started strong, then fizzled after the bad guy was caught. Maybe its because little Nick is the worst kid ever. Cant stand reading her speech impediment, and how everyone thinks her bad behavior is cute. Don't they discipline her??
Crysa James
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good book. Its concise and to the point about awesome, strong, I-want-to-be-just-like-them characters. As a next in line of a specific series, this book does a hell of a job providing further reader involvement into a saga. Howard is an artist at keeping a reader hooked!
Karen
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was well written and interesting. I did do some quick skim/page flipping due to less than squeaky clean content. The plot was told in a manner that kept me hooked and the rest of the Mackenzie family practically screamed to have you read their stories; I'm considering it.
AG Reads
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reread
Zoey
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is as good as ever, but the quality of the recording is not great. Too many extreme fluctuations in volume from the beginnings of sentences to the ends.
  • Małomówny i rodzina (Jeżycjada, #0.5)
  • Deadly Intent (I-Team, #8)
  • When You Call My Name (Hatfield, #2)
  • Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends, #6)
  • Tall, Dark and Daring (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #7-8)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Hannah's Big Night (A Matter of Time, #8.5)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Upon a Midnight Clear
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • Fatal Heat
  • Tender Feud
  • Panna z mokrą głową
  • Graham
  • Broken Hearts Damaged Goods

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance

Mackenzie Family (4 books)
  • Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
  • Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3)
  • A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4)