Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

(The Walking Dead #11)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  15,788 Ratings  ·  598 Reviews
No one is safe in the aftermath of the most shocking Walking Dead storyline yet! The remaining survivors continue the road to Washington DC, but not everyone will make it out alive! Collecting issues #61-66 of the New York Times best-selling series, The Walking Dead!
Published January 6th 2010 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
1,501 books — 4,149 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanPreludes & Nocturnes by Neil GaimanV for Vendetta by Alan MooreBatman by Frank Miller
500 Essential Graphic Novels
866 books — 738 voters

More lists with this book...

Alejandro
The Waking Dead returns in this second compendium!

This is the eleventh volume of The Walking Dead, collecting the comic book issue from #109 to #114.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Eleven

FEAR THE HUNTERS

And in the end, when it’s over – I won’t hesitate.

You may think that in an insane world where men-eater zombies are everywhere, those would be your highest threat, but hardly, since there is a more deadl
Bookdragon Sean
I’m desperately trying to catch up with the television show, but I’m still seven years behind on these. I have so much to read and so little time. You all know how it is! I just want to see Negan on the page and see more of Rick’s evolution. But then there’s also a whole world of books yet to discover. Such problems we readers have.

The title of this one, though, made me laugh far too much. It’s so ridiculous. There’s nothing to fear about these hunters. They are all very weak people, which woul
Gabby
"They're fucking with the wrong people."
God damn god damn god damn. This volume was crazy! The Hunters were cruel and this volume really showed how humanity is lost among these people. All the horrible things Rick has to do are getting to him and he wants to be a good role model for Carl but it's almost impossible in a world like this. The idea of somebody watching the group from afar is really terrifying and creepy.

SPOILERS BELOW
I totally called it. Dale is dead. I knew he would be dead soon. T
Becky
I don't know if I agree that this is the most shocking storyline yet, as the description says. I still think that the Governor takes that prize. But this was good all the same.

The in-group developments rocked me, especially with the death that occurs right off the bat, and the way that is handled. That was crazy unexpected! But the remaining stuff, the hunters named in the title, that was extremely predictable.

This wasn't my favorite, but honestly, these are so good that being 'not my favorite
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
4.5 stars.

I'm kind of surprised that I liked this volume as much as I did because it was really predictable! Regardless it was still crazy good! It definitely wasn't the craziest but it was still awesome. Probably my second favourite volume so far. I love how badass Rick is. The writing and artwork was top notch in this volume. These comics are just so good, I can't get enough! I'm so beyond addicted.
Fables&Wren
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WrensReads Review:

Holy crap, this volume was amazing. I can't even.

Finally we have the cannibals and we finally see how kids can be morphed into something else in this kind of setting. Like seriously I can't even think right now.

Like that thing with Bob in the comics? Yah, it's not Bob.

And that whole "look at the flowers" thing that happened? Yah it happens but a lot lot lot lot worse and I kind of loved it and I can't wait to see what Rick does about it.

WrensReads | Goodreads | Twitter | Inst
Sam Quixote
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This is one of those comedy volumes where Robert Kirkman goes overboard with the misery to the point of hilarity. It’s also another volume where the characters realise, yet again, how far they’ve left their humanity behind them. Yup, just like the last volume. And the one before that. And the one… etc.

The group are on their way to Washington, D.C, where Eugene, the scientist, might be able to do something about the zombie plague. But they get sidetracked when one of Dale and Andrea’s twins murde
Kaisersoze
Providing a much-needed ramp-up to what had been a slowly stagnating series, Volume 11 of Kirkman and Adlard's version of the zombie apocalypse goes for the juggler in a short, nasty story-line that is extremely impressive. Those who questioned any human could provide a credible threat to Rick and his group after the events at the prison might now have reason to pause before proclaiming such ill-considered judgements, because while none of the antagonists here stand anywhere near the Governor in ...more
☣Lynn☣
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it

Soo much better than the previous book. It's faster paced and CANNIBALS!!
Mindy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I might be addicted to reading these. I seriously can't stop.

This one is so great. It contains two huge plot points from the T.V. show, but because things are so different I didn't even see one of them coming.

I wish this moment was written exactly like the comic, because... FUCK YEAH!!!
a-comic-book-rick-tells-abraham-that-the-hunters-are-fucking-with-the-wrong-people.jpg (486×768)

On to Vol. 12!
Kim
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies-invade
These comics are so freakin addicting!!!!
Darren Hagan
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**No spoilers**

Such a good volume. So fast paced and some pretty shocking moments. The group show how far they are willing to go to protect their own people.
Anna
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia
Fear the hunters.... who the hell the hunters are? And what is wrong with the boys?

More problems for the survivors on their way to Washington....
Kemper
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMC is adapting The Walking Dead into a television series, and as a big fan of these comics, I was initially very excited about the idea. But after reading this latest volume, I’m starting to dread it. Because it’s hard enough reading about the horror and misery that sadist Robert Kirkman has heaped on these characters, but if the series is half as good as the books, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to take watching some of this stuff play out in live-action.

Things aren’t getting any better
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
What a volume xD , so good and so fast
world gone crazy really , losing humanity , cannibals now eating people and enjoy it
one of the twins really gone crazy and Carl took care of him but too late , Dale was so stressed and start to shout to everyone , Rick and Abraham still leading the group to the safety but hunters after them but they forget something

THEY ARE SCREWING WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE <3 i love that scene here and in the show was very good , this comics really mind blowing and still
Drew The Reviewer
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the most twisted and disgusting volume yet. It has nonstop twists and turns on every single page. This is honestly my #1 favorite volume so far. The suspense is insane. The cannibalism concept made me race to turn the page. My thoughts are all over the place right now and I'm in love with this series so much. A thousand times better than the TV show!
Raeleen Lemay
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OOOH THIS ONE WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD. The part when Andrea was hiding in the woods was so fantastic.
Arielle Walker
This one was fairly heartbreaking - not that all of the volumes thus far don't have sad moments, but you get numbed to them. It's been a while since I read vol. 10 so I wasn't quite prepared for the deaths that occurred, even though I knew about them in advance. (view spoiler) ...more
Alondra
4.5 Stars

Much better than the last, IMHO.

Plot twists with Dale, the Twins and shockingly, Carl. It keeps throwing me for a loop how different the comics are from the T.V. Show.

You know what? I love it. I love how circumstances, mishaps and misadventures keep stirring up havoc with this group. So much happens, and you don't get a huge build-up before sh*t hits the fan. You turn the page and get a shocker.

Keep 'em coming!
Nicole Alycia
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kinda sorta really glad Dale is dead .... he was getting on my nerves. The hunters were way less dramatic than I thought they would be. Still, quite a bit of action in this one.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
I preferred this book SOOOOO much more than the Terminus plot on the show. Instead of a crapton of buildup, the cannibals are introduced and dealt with all in one volume. And also a plus, it was a heck of a lot less gratuitous than the previous books.

I CAN'T STOP READING THESE. HELP ME!!!
Delmy
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Tastes like chicken.

Chelsea
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
So, I'm still not the biggest fan of this series. If the series doesn't have well written female characters, I'm out. I don't know what woman wronged Kirkman in his past but jfc, he really hates women.

This volume was tolerable mainly because there wasn't a ton of character work in it. It's mostly plot so I was okay.

This starts with the gang settled in the woods when Andrea goes looking for the twins and it's the plot from the show but with Andrea instead of Carol. It's weird seeing how many plo
Ashley
I reaaaalllly wish I had read this before I started my Harry Potter re-read, as the thought of interrupting Deathly Hallows, which despite being the saddest and most sober of the HP books, is still quite happy, for this, was not a pleasant or desirable thought. And reading it after seems even more unpleasant. Yet, they were due back at the library, who knows how long it would take me to get them again, and I didn't want to add any more money to my already considerably hefty ongoing library fines ...more
Michelle Curie
"What we’ve done to survive… sometimes I feel like we’re no better than the dead ones. It haunts me."

Once more our friends find themselves on the move. Once more the cast gets a new addition, this time of a former priest who knows the way to an empty church, which turns out to be a nice potential hiding place. But on their way there, they realise they’re being followed…

This is another volume fleshing out the idea of the people slowly losing touch with what makes them human, so there isn’t that
Melissa
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Fear the Hunters wasn't my favourite volume of The Walking Dead, but the fact I knew about the major moments beforehand really served to lessen their impact. I must try harder to keep away from Wikipedia, but it's to Kirkman's credit that I'm so damn anxious about the survivors that I need to check up on what's ahead for them. I think this volume's biggest problem for me was plausibility and emotional resonance. And I know, I know it's set in the zombie apocalypse so griping about realism is sil ...more
Sooraya Evans
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Still on the way to DC, Rick's group encounters the mysterious Father Gabriel.
Like many past characters, he just popped out from nowhere.
All the while, a group of hunters have been stalking them. We don't get to see them until later which turns out to be cannibals. One of them even tries to justify the rationale of eating people. Yuck!
A discussion about the burden of leadership at the end of this volume was definitely touching.
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This was one of the more messed up ones!! This volume started of with a bang and it was just one horrible thing after another! I love these graphic novels! While they are completely disgusting, they are also addicting! Not for the faint of heart but as always, I definitely recommend this series!
Martin
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Když už si myslíte, že na tom hlavní postavy nemůžou být hůř, naskytne se úplně nová situace, která zase o kousek posune hranice (ne)lidskosti. Šel z toho mráz po zádech.
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
En este volumen llegan a Alejandría y auqneu hay cosas similares a la serie, también hay muchas otras diferentes. Con curiosidad de ver qué ocurre.
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 4: Safeword (Y: The Last Man, #4)
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 5: Ghost Town
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • Locke & Key, Vol 2: Head Games (Locke & Key, #2)

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Poisonwood Bible
    $11.99 $11.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red
  • A.D. 30 (A.D., #1)
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Karolina's Twins: A Novel
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses (The Cartel #7)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
  • A Season of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Curtain of Green: and Other Stories (Harvest/HBJ Book)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99