Start by marking “Mule Train Mail” as Want to Read:
Mule Train Mail

Mule Train Mail

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

While working on this book, Craig Brown traveled to the Grand Canyon to observe the only mule train delivery route in the United States. MULE TRAIN MAIL introduces readers to Anthony Paya, who wears a cowboy hat, chaps, and spurs, and leads a train o
Published July 1st 2009 by Charlesbridge

To ask other readers questions about Mule Train Mail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mule Train Mail

Rosa Cline
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this nice 'true life' story to my special needs teenage son. We both enjoyed the story and the drawn illustrations. In the back it has a small summary of the 'true life' Mule Train Mail man. Along with a story about how the author traveled to the Grand Canon to see the real life mailman and community in which they take mail to. So he could get his story as closely as possible to real life. We did enjoy this book and it being based on true facts makes it that much more nicer.
Chris
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is very simple and suited for younger children. I'm not sure how I want to say this, but it just wasn't .... exciting ... in any way. Although I enjoyed the illustrations, they were all similar to each other, nothing different or surprising. I plan to read it aloud during my Arizona unit, as a starting place for research into the Grand Canyon. I like the information in the author's note at the end.
Alice
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This is a very nicely done book. The illustrations are great, the story is interesting!! I new people took mule rides to the bottom of the Grand Canyon but I didn't realize their was a village down there that could only be reached by mule or helicopter. I love that the book flips on its side to get the full feeling of the mules and the mailman going down the steep hill.

I enjoyed this one!!
Deb
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fascinating look at life along the Grand Canyon and the last mule train mail delivery - 8 miles in to the village of Supai - a 3 hour journey.
Amy Edwards
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: lydia-s-2015
Good concept for a book, but the information in the author's note should have been incorporated into the text of the book.
Jason Penckofer
An interesting look at mail delivery to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. The illustrations a very nice, but I half wish that they were photographs instead.
Candi
Sep 12, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-kids
Ages 4-7
John
Oct 19, 2009 added it
Lengthy so not appropriate for storytimes, but a great historical read!
Tanya
Sara K
Jan 18, 2014
Tiffiny
Jan 14, 2016
Craig McFarland Brown is a published author and an illustrator of children's books. Some of the published credits of Craig McFarland Brown include How Do You Raise a Raisin?, Barn Raising.

For 25 years, Craig Brown has been writing and illustrating books. Known as “Farmer Brown” to the schools and children he visits, Craig is easily recognized by his many books about farming. He also teaches and vi
More about Craig McFarland Brown...