Start by marking “Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)” as Want to Read:
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)

Magic Bleeds

(Kate Daniels #4)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  67,425 ratings  ·  3,062 reviews
Kate Daniels works for the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handleespecially if they involve Atlantas shapeshifting community.

When shes called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar midway between the territories of the shapeshifters
Mass Market Paperback, 349 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Magic Bleeds, please sign up.
Lana In the one I'm reading, Magic Bleeds, there is finally some Kate hanky-panky. It's not quite fade to black, but it's certainly not explicit, by my…moreIn the one I'm reading, Magic Bleeds, there is finally some Kate hanky-panky. It's not quite fade to black, but it's certainly not explicit, by my definition. Mostly, it's innuendo and inferences.(less)

·  67,425 ratings  ·  3,062 reviews

Start your review of Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
Katerina
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Warning
The following review contains numerous crazy gifs and incoherent fangirling.Proceed with caution.
We had a fight,screamed at each other for a while,I kicked him in the head,and then he stayed the night.

I honestly tried to be calm.You know,cool,not overly excited.After all,they're just fictional characters.My ship has sailed,what's the big deal,right?I'm cool.
So cool.

MY SHIP HAS SAILED I DESERVE TO SCREAM AND SQUEAL AND DANCE AND HYPERVENTILATE AND FAINT AND ACT LIKE A CHILD THAT JUST
Helen 2.0
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Found footage of Curran keeping his alphas in line:
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
🐈 The Adventures Of A Brave Little Kitty Buddy Rerererereread (TAOABLKBR™) with the IA Addicts 🐈

And the moral of this particular rererererereread is: there's nothing quite like magically delicious syphilis, if you ask me.

P.S. Why the books in this series aren't prescribed as antidepressants is and forever will be one of the greatest mysteries of the universe.

👋 Until next time and stuff.

[January 2018]

The Grand IAA™ KD Buddy Rerererereread Extravaganza (GIAAKDBRE™), aka the yellow brick
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Reread 7/2018

4.5 stars!

I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.

photo magicbleedscollage.png

I'm a giant fan of urban fantasy. I read all kinds of genres of books, but when I read urban fantasy I get a feeling of being at home. The Ilona Andrews writing team created a universe where when I'm having a bad day or want to have a good time, I can open a paperback, and escape there effortlessly and happily. And that's exactly what I did with this book. I recently had some crap come up
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.33 stars. While Magic Bleeds doesn't quite hit the heights of the third book, Magic Strikes, it's still a great, action-packed book.

As a mercenary peacekeeper, Kate gets called to investigate a strangely intense fight at a bar. When she gets there, there's a body strung up on a utility pole, pinned to it with a crowbar. The body is very dead ... but the deadly disease that infests him is NOT. As magically virulent flesh-colored fuzz starts creeping toward Kate and others, it's all Kate can do
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
9/30/17 - ON SALE for $2.99:

Geez, friggin', Louise . . .

Just in case you've somehow missed my enthusiasm for Kate #3, MAGIC STRIKES, I'll say (at least) one more time that it is my favorite installment in a UF series ever.

And it is.

But MAGIC BLEEDS gets 5 stars too.

It's maybe my second favorite installment in a Urban Fantasy series ever. It's been too long since I've read BITTEN by Kelley Armstrong (best first installment in an UF series ever), to say for sure . . .
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Books 3 and 4 of this series were my absolute favorites which is saying something since this is one of my all time favorite UF series. This book is currently on sale 9/30/17 $1.99

Yes I'm reading the Kate Daniels Series AGAIN and guess what I love it a little more every time. 3rd read and this series is still so much fun and at the top of my short list for UF/PRN. Kate/Curran and Saiman have all the best parts in this.

Buddy Read/Reread June 8 with the gang at Ilona Andrews Addicts
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread January 2015

Original rating: 5
New rating: 8

☆☆☆ Post-Shift Productions proudly present ☆☆☆
Yet Another Exciting Day in the Life of Kate Daniels

8.00 a.m.: investigate the death of a human barnacle. Realize it's a case of magically delicious syphilis. It's going to be a long day. Again.
8.30 a.m.: think about His Furiness. Feel like punching His Furiness in the face. Where did that thought come from?
9.00 a.m.: fight a demonic, spawn-of-hellish beast. Good doggy.
9.30 a.m.: listen
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

TRIGGER WARNING : This review may make your eyes bleed

remember me why is he a overprotective ass
because it's who he is
i mean DUH
*DUH FACE*
oh okay i mean okay i suppose why not

why drama tell me why drama
hey i kinda liked the catnip
OMFG ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mean talking is great too
but i guess catnip is okay

oh you fight
oh you have sex now
okay
i mean that's not how I roll but okay
i guess
oh you "empty yourself"
nice
not

whatever

so there's this bitch who wants to kill y'all
yeah i wrote y'all
yeah i'm
Sophia Triad
Allow me to tell you about Kates family:

HER FAMILY FROM THE PAST:
1. Her biological father, Roland. We finally learn the true story of Roland, the story of his first children and the first vampire he had created. Kate tells the story to a golem to emphasize the power of the blood that runs in her veins.
2. Her mother. We learn how she feels about her mother and her importance. Kate shows an old picture of her to Andrea. Unfortunately Kate has no memories and no recollection of her mother and her
Em Lost In Books
Reread.

Atlanta got a visit from Kate's relative and all hell break loose. Shapeshifters going mad to town on the verge of epidemic, add Kate's dark mood over Curran standing her up for the dinner to the mix; it was a rollercoaster ride. So many moments where I laughed out loud, and bit my nails (specially those final battle scenes). An enjoyable read.
Evgeny
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

Kate Daniels, an expert swordswoman works for the Order of Knights - an organization which solves magic problems. Kate does her solving part by chopping the given problem into small pieces with her sword appropriately called Slayer. When she is called to investigate a fight in a bar right on the border between two of the most powerful groups in Atlanta it seems like a regular assignment, only it turns out to be anything but. Kate also has
Kat Kennedy
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Only my bestest, best friends!
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Bry
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
Paul Sweeney

Now I have no idea who Paul Sweeney is. I could hazard a guess that his occupation is a barber and he swings toward the demonic side of life, but I have a feeling that this would be inaccurate. Please forgive me. I'm an illiterate, poorly educated plebeian - I admit it.

I also ask the many Kate Daniels fans on my friends list to forgive me. I made you think, in my first
Choko
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*** 5 ***

The Great Kate Daniels Buddy Read/Reread of 2017 with the gang at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)!

"...You slept with Curran and you didnt tell me? Im your best friend.
It didnt come up.
How disappointing for you.
Ha-ha. Thats not what I meant. ..."

Well, how can anyone give this emotional and action steamroller less than five stars??? If you are a fan of the series and give this book anything else, than you must be missing something vital... To the rest of us, this book is known as the one
Shannon
I ran the gamut of emotions while reading this book; first I was annoyed, then bored, sad, excited, and finally happy. What's interesting, now that I think about it, is that my emotions ran parallel to what Kate was feeling at the time, which I have to say is a pretty outstanding feat for an author.

I spent the better part of the novel pissed off alongside Kate. The opening scene shows Kate waiting in her kitchen with the dinner she made cooling and her temper heating up. She thinks Curran stood
Jilly
Currently rereading this with the fun chicks over at the Ilona Andrews Addicts group.

Rereading such epicness was a blast. I think this was the book that finally got me to fall for Curran. He was too much of an alpha-asshole for me until now. But, the way he turns it around and finally shows some respect for Kate made me love him at last. Good kitty.

Original review from Feb, 2015:

Crazy Aunts - we've all got one. My crazy aunt took me to a gay bar when I was 16 years old (I didn't realize that
Ginger
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 stars!

I stayed up way too late finishing this book. Im going to suffer at work tomorrow! 🤣
This is always the sign of a good book when you cant put it down and finish it in days.

Magic Bleeds did this to me. This is the 4th book in the Kate Daniels series and I knew that I would enjoy it. Ive enjoyed all the books in the series so far!

What I did not realize was how much I missed this series and characters. Ilona Andrews has created a kick ass heroine that most everyone
Jen Davis
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any fan of Urban Fantasy
Let's take a moment to review the things I love in this life.

*My husband and kids

*Diet Coke

*French Fries
Photobucket

*And an awesome little book, called Magic Bleeds.

I really didn't think the Kate Daniels series could actually get any better after Magic Strikes. But as good as that one was, this one was better.

As the book begins, Kate is preparing for that naked dinner she promised Curran. But he doesn't show. She calls The Keep and gets the brush off. And hours later, she decides she's been played
Jaela
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
First read July 2014
Second read May 2016

Rating: Same. (I'll explain)

This book is called Magic Bleeds. Just like my heart bled for Kate in the first chapters.

For years, first my father and then my guardian, Greg, had warned me to stay away from human relationships. Friends and lovers only brought you trouble.

...................................................................

One day Id find someone to lean on as well. It just wouldnt be Curran. And I really had to stop thinking about him, because
Angela
June 2016 Re-read.

09/2015 Re-read: How is it possible that I just continue to love this series more and more and more with every reading?

This series has some of the shortest blurbs I've ever read. After the end of Magic Strikes, I was so eager to start this book. It seemed like finally everything we'd been waiting for between Curran and Kate was going to happen.

And then I sat, alongside Kate, as it all came shattering down. Curran didn't show. Curran didn't take her call. Kate was hurt, and
Adina
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite in the series!

If you got to the 4th book then there is no need for me to tell you to read this. If you haven't read any of Kate Daniels' books and you like Urban Fantasy than what are you waiting for?

What I liked about this particular novel was that we finally meet a member of the Kate's family. I kind of liked her aunt even if she was supposed to be the villain. There were some power games between Curran and Kate, some entertaining, some annoying.

Simona Bartolotta
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Just wait until he figures out I shut him out of his slut hut."

You know in my review of Magic Strikes when I said that Kate and Curran are frustratingly cute? Well, that's strange. It's strange because before reading Magic Bleeds I didn't and couldn't have the slightest idea of what this expression actually means.

If Kate and Curran were frustratingly cute before, now they are excruciatingly adorable. Their on-off relationship will drive you out of your mind, the tension between them is
Rosaline (Rosaline's Rolls & Scrolls)
Actual rating: 4.5 Stars
Amount of enjoyment:

description

Okay, okay, okay! So much to cover! Brace yourselves for extreme amount of happiness and cheer!
I loved so much stuff in this book I don't know where to begin. I have been praising Kate Daniels so much I sound like a broken record. So I'm gonna stop, and just show you.

First of all, we have Curren prowling around and flexing his gracious ass for everyone and being all

Who then tries to keep his majestic alphaness around Kate, but instead going

Here,
Geri Reads
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-my-loves
Re-read! Rating still stands!

I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.

What can I say? AnotheramazinginstallmentintheKateDanielsseries!!!

Kate Daniels, mercenary and psuedo Knight of the order gets to meet a long lost family member. It should've been a happy family reunion but this is Kate Daniels we're talking about and to say that her family is just dysfunctional is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

The stakes just keeps getting higher and Kate is confronting bigger and more
Anne
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it

This book probably saved my sanity. Really.
We went camping a few days ago. And I hate camping even when everything goes perfectly. This time, the boys and I got a stomach bug.
It wasn't one of those debilitating bugs, unfortunately, because then we could have left.
It was just one of those bugs that made you 'uncomfortable'.
1:00 am
*ACHOO!*
Moooooom!!!!
I sharted!

Do you have any idea what it's like to have to walk a kid (who has shit in their pants) down to a woodsy 'bathhouse' at 1:00
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Reread: I think it's safe to say I enjoyed this more the second time around.

Apparently I never reviewed this...

...Obviously that ship has sailed.

I remember snippets of events that happened but reading these books one after the other has kinda made a cluster frickity frack of a mess in my head. I can't seem to pinpoint in which particular book certain things happened.

...Oh well, at least we know I didn't hate it...right?

Pre-review
Review to come ^_^
..but as you know, this means a short rambling.
Lora
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the previous books
While the covers never cease being hideous, each installment in the Kate Daniels series hasn't ceased to entertain me thus far. The fourth installment, Magic Bleeds, features a crocodile shapeshifter, a splendid impersonation of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and a battle to end all battles. It is one hell of a ride.

I think one of the best things about this series is that it is appealing to both genders. It has lots of action, which of course men like, but I think I speak for all women when I say that we
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Yeap...Another one done just like that! Once again the book was in the "best" category full of action, mystery and romance. This series is one of a kind, every book leaves you panting for more.

Unknown disease spreading baddies have been starting brawls at bars in several cities and now they have reached their target. Atlanta and the Pack are about to meet 7 undead magic users controlled by Erra, an ancient Babylonian goddess of chaos and terror and biological aunt of our one and only Kate
Maria V. Snyder
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 and I'm still loving this series. I'm trying to pace myself because I know there are only 8 in this series (for now) and I enjoy the complex world and the characters that Andrews has created. Humor and magic and action and romance are all blended together seamlessly. The best part: (view spoiler).
Steven
Where book three kicked up the storyline a notch, this book kicked the storyline up ten stories. This was an awesome entry to the series -- a series which is quickly working its way up into my top favorite series list!

• Curran POV Collection
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better ...more

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)