Start by marking “Louis L'Amour's Western Tales: Trap of Gold and Trail to Pie Town” as Want to Read:
Louis L'Amour's Western Tales: Trap of Gold and Trail to Pie Town

Louis L'Amour's Western Tales: Trap of Gold and Trail to Pie Town

Here are two exciting adventures from the pen of Louis L'Amour. "Trap of Gold" Wetherton has been three months out of Horsehead before he finds his first color. The gold is located at the head of a fan laying in a gigantic crack in a granite upthrust that resembles a fantastic ruin. This crumbling granite is slashed with a vein of quartz that is literally laced with gold! ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published February 1st 2008 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Louis L'Amour's Western Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louis L'Amour's Western Tales

Start your review of Louis L'Amour's Western Tales: Trap of Gold and Trail to Pie Town
Elaine
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two short stories. I listened to Trail to Pie Town on another collection and it was good, but the suspense in Trap of Gold was riveting. I was literally chewing my fingernails as I drove home.
Janine
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trap of Gold is a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat! It is a gripping tale of how far greed will take a man towards danger and the point of no return.
Megan
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books
Pioneer Book: book from the Westerns section
Couldn't get into it. It was an audio book so it was easy to ignore. Maybe I'll try another if his books one day.
Dananna
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing how a short story like trap of gold can get you thinking and thinking. Of course it is easy to think that a guy in the story shouldn't do something so dumb as to be greedy for gold when he already has plenty, and his life is at steak. But how often in life do we keep trying to get what we don't need long after we could have been happy with what we have? And what is at risk when we follow our silly whims with all our ambition? Priorities change when you don't think about them logically. G ...more
Rod
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
I prefer a good Western to Shakespeare any day. Similar to a "Fast & Furious" movie over "Life Of Pi". Some things are simply overrated elitism. Life is messy and dangerous and in need of a fast horse/gun/car.

Yep, gunslingers saving damsels from crooked extortionists... and man against nature in a goldmine expedition.
One man wrote so many great stories.
Ratforce
Many of Louis L’Amour’s classic westerns are available as audiobooks. If you haven’t tried his novels, his Western Tales are a good starting place to get a taste of his writing style.
Vic
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Classic characters... I enjoy L'Amour's novels better than the short stories.
Kevin Vigneault
Dec 29, 2016
Alana Sholar
Sep 30, 2012
Greg Girard
Jul 05, 2019
Chelsea N.
Great Louis L'Amour short stories! Awesome audio book.
T.R. Wallace
« previous 1 3 next »

• Food: A Love Story
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • El enigma de la habitación 622
  • Don't Ever Look Back (Buck Schatz #2)
  • Land of Promise (Arizona Territory Brides #1)
  • Point Blank (Sisterhood, #26)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Midnight on the Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Home Free (Sisterhood, #20)
  • Tumbleweeds (Tumbleweeds, #1-4)
  • The Virginian: A Horseman of the Plains
  • Land of Wolves
  • The Empty Nesters
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Cottonwood Dreams (Tumbleweeds, #1)
  • This Matter of Marriage