Start by marking “Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02” as Want to Read:
Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02

Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02 (Eden: It's an Endless World! #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  534 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Exploring the origin of Kenji, the knife-wielding, Japanese freedom fighter, Hiroki Endo takes us back in time to witness the brutal events that shaped this warrior's spirit. In Kenji's present, he fights in one of the most intense hand-to-hand combat sequences in post-apocalyptic literature With the world reeling from the after effects of a brutal, widespread virus, civil ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Egmont Manga & Anime (first published October 20th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden

Nərmin
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cyberpunk
This was a good volume with more action and characters. I really liked new characters Hannah and Katia as well as I am fond of Eliah. The only complaint is that sometimes it is confusing with its explanations. It can make the story hard to read.
PS: It is the second time that I see my countrie's name ( Azerbaijan) in Japanese fiction. Lol
Charles
Aurora
This was another great volume. I wasn't super thrilled about the timeskip at first (I was like, hello, where's Hannah? She was my favorite from the first volume) but I quickly was drawn in by Elijah's story as well. But wow did this volume make me HATE Enoah from the previous volume... oh and also Kenji; he can go DIAF but I really love the characters Kachua and Helena. If anything happens to them I'll throw the book. Anyway this volume was also great with the worldbuilding and the politics.
Abel
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fc
Bem, aqui não tem a edição brasileira que compila o volume 3 e 4 como o volume 2, então vai essa mesma.

Gostando bastante agora :3 Pena que personagens que eu gostava já chegaram morrendo
Ahmad
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When deep Script is combined with great drawing.. Can't stop reading!
Mikael Kuoppala
The second volume of “Eden” continues the tale Elijah, a teenaged boy surviving in a world in chaos. In the end of the last book we were introduced to a new band of characters fighting a political battle against a group that is trying to win dominance over the entire planet. This is where the story picks up directly.

The plot goes many interesting ways, even if it does feel even more unfocused than in volume 1. Action takes over a bit, which isn’t such a good thing at this point when character an
Brandy
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
What was maybe-okay for teens has taken a turn for the Not Okay. Lots more violence and sex--not that those things are inherently bad but I'm losing the sense of a post-apocalyptic world in the drug war we're fighting instead. If that's what we're fighting; I think I stopped paying attention.

Giving the series one more volume (because I already have it out from the library, so why not) before abandoning the series.
K T
Nov 03, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Disappointment. The first volume was all deserted cities and empty landscapes, and then this one has people everywhere, bustling airports, what kind of apocalypse is this?

And the sex parts bothered me too, the way it was portrayed as something men need and a burden for women. It's got women being forced into prostitution, a woman with no interest in sex giving a guy a bj just to calm him down.

Not gonna read any farther in this series.
Julie
May 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, in this volume, I'm completely lost. The main(?) character is going around with a group of people who kill other people. And I have no idea what their aim is or who the good guys are. There's a whole lot of violence, and then some more violence. And politics and religion are in there somewhere.

But, basically, I'm completely lost, and too put off by all the violence to care to figure out what's going on.

I won't be reading any more volumes.
Sir Nicho
The dialogue is getting way too heavy handed for my tastes, not to mention the characters are starting to annoy me. The writing is starting to languish in cliches and has become boring and uninteresting. I'll give it one more issue before deciding whether or not to finish the series. Still have no idea why it's rated 18+.
Alex
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Been a while since I read the prior volume, but the serial format makes it pretty easy to pick up as you go. Not the most original story ever, but tightly told, and the art is very much on point. A quick, fun read.
Bina CHAUHAN
Beautiful story... quite violent too. Parts reminded me of The Terminator(s) and it's a real page-turner! Looking forward to the next book!
Elizabeth
Following the life of a teenage boy as he travels through the post-apocalyptic world with the companionship of a robot. Dark and not super interesting.
The second installment of Eden adds a bit of graphic sex to the graphic violence. The character-building proceeds very slowly, but I'm still intrigued enough to check out volume 3.
Rj Veit
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely more action packed then the first one.
Marilyn
Confusing...going to carry on though
Karen
Don't need to read anymore of these. Too many pages of violence, confusion, action, some religion, some politics, then more violence. I'm disappointed.
poo pie read booky
Rense
rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2017
  • Blame!, Vol. 5
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 08: Fallen Angel (Battle Angel Alita)
Hiroki Endo (遠藤 浩輝) is a Japanese mangaka born on 1970 in Akita Prefecture. He graduated from Musashino Art University. He is best known for his science-fiction series Eden: It's an Endless World, which has been translated into English by Dark Horse.
More about Hiroki Endo...

Eden: It's an Endless World! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #1)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 3 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #3)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 4 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #4)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #5)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 6 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #6)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 7 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #7)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 8 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #8)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 9 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #9)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 10 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #10)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 11 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)