Start by marking “Mater's Tall Tales: 3 Books in 1 (Disney/Pixar Cars Toon)” as Want to Read:
Mater's Tall Tales: 3 Books in 1 (Disney/Pixar Cars Toon)

Mater's Tall Tales: 3 Books in 1 (Disney/Pixar Cars Toon)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Did you know that Mater was once the famous bulldozer fighter, El Materdor? Or that he was a daredevil named Mater the Greater? Or that he was a heroic rescue truck? Three of Mater’s tall tales are collected in one fantastic hardcover storybook featuring Mater, Lightning McQueen, and all their friends from Cars.
Published August 11th 2009 by RH/Disney

To ask other readers questions about Mater's Tall Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mater's Tall Tales

Erin
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was entertaining for us both. It was enough of a story to keep me interested and he loved the pictures. I told him we should read this one more often. I stretched the book out and read him one story a night that way we'd both have something to look forward to. Maybe I'll finally get my Mater impression right, if he decides we should read it again and again like with his faves. I have to say, I am ready for us to start reading some real stories to him. This was a good start but I'd love sugg ...more
Beth
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it
If you've seen the Mater movie, it's exactly the same. It would have been nicer to have a couple new stories, but what do you expect from Disney? The kids liked it, even my daughter. I need to work on my Mater voice, though.
Darcy Leech
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite book sets to read, my son has heard these stories many times. The great thing is that the stories are divided into manageable sizes, as are the video clips from the DVD of Mater's Tall Tales. This is a great way to extend the fun of the story of Cars, but also a great way to start teaching your child to think critically about what a narrator may say. If you can teach your child the concept that Mater is an unreliable narrator and teach your child to intelligently question what ...more
Maggie
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book for kids. I liked how there were three different stories inside the book. It really explores a kids' imagination. It is filled with fun adventures that Mater takes and all of them seem to send a message about how you can accomplish anything you want if you set your mind to it. I recommend this book to kids between the ages of 3 and 10 because it is an easy read for children in school and an enjoyable book for children who just listen.
Molly Smith
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute collection of the stories that are from the movie shorts. My son enjoyed reading this with me as a bedtime read. The illustrations are beautiful (as one would expect from Disney) and the storylines summarize the movie shorts nicely. A fun read I'm sure we'll read again and again.
Brittany
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My son loves Mater's Tall Tales. He was a bit disappointed that we only have 3 stories, but he loves the 3 he has. And yes, these are like the shorts you see on Disney channel... what did you expect?!
Powers Family
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A must have for any Cars fans! Fun tall tales told by Mater. There are 3 stories in one book in this one. Nicholas especially loves these.
Fiza Qazi
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
i didnt like this book because i saw it on a little tv show and its the same thing. i really got it for my brother tho
Lesa
May 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
My 3 yr old loves this book. We have to read it at least once a week.
RobesonBoys
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-pre-k
One of Max's favorite books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...