Start by marking “Spellbound” as Want to Read:
Spellbound

Spellbound

From award-winning author Patricia Simpson comes a haunting time-travel. A week before her wedding in Scotland, Tara Lewis stumbles upon a hidden tomb and accidentally awakens a spellbound knight. But Tara refuses to acknowledge the chivalrous shade. She doesn't believe in the spirit world-or true love for that matter-until the touch of the handsome knight awakens her trou ...more
Published February 14th 2009 by Patricia Simpson (first published February 11th 2009)

Jane Stewart
2.5 stars. I had trouble with how conflicts were created, some were due to heroine being careless and stupid.

STORY BRIEF:
Tara and David are cohosts of a TV show called Fact or Fiction, debunking psychic phenomena using scientific facts. They fly to Scotland to be married in a castle owned by David’s uncle. The castle is haunted by a ghost (the Lady in Green) who David hopes to film in connection with the wedding. While there, Tara accidentally stumbles upon a hidden tomb. As she reads the words
Elaine
Jun 18, 2011 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patricia-simpson
I liked this book! Suspense, romance, ghost... Only the second book I have read by this author, but I do enjoy her writing! I will be reading her others.
Sam
This story was a 2 star for me. Overall I liked the premise and the story but there was so many unanswered questions by the end of the story for me that left me hanging. Would I recommend it? Only if you didn't have anything else to read. I did like both Hugh's and Tara's back stories when they were revealed and I liked their relationship. But really, Tara at times was TSTL and just had me shaking my head at her.

(view spoiler)
Francy
Jan 28, 2012 Francy rated it it was amazing
I found this to be a consuming book that tells a great ghost story. Once again love finds a way. Definitely worth reading.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Kindle Freebie 1.26.12
JoAnn Ainsworth
Mar 07, 2010 JoAnn Ainsworth rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good foreshadowing and wrap up at the end.
Cat
Jan 25, 2012 Cat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to start this book a few times before I got hooked.

I didn't really like the main character Tara, because she was so set in her beliefs that she wasn't willing to think about things that fell outside of her comfort zone logically, or at all. I get that she has built up her person as a TV personality, etc. but it didn't make her a likable character. Otherwise, I thought the book and the characters were pretty well written.

Plot was pretty straight forward and didn't take too much brain power
A.R. Von
Feb 10, 2012 A.R. Von rated it really liked it
If you like to read a story full of suprises this is one for you! I have to say with "Spellbound" one is definitly to expect the unexpected. It was so enjoyable I finished it on one day. There is nothing within this book that is like all others out there. My favorite characters are Tara, Hugh and Anne. They all made the story more enjoyable with their individuality and secrets.
I'm very happy with the way the book ended and know whomever else reads it will be as well. There will be more Patricia
Rachel Robins
Feb 08, 2012 Rachel Robins rated it liked it
If you can get through the incredibly clumsy writing and bizarre thought processes that encompass the first eleven or so chapters of this novel, the rest of the story isn't too bad. Even at the worst bits of writing I was turning pages fairly quickly. But all in all, the ending was satisying. I dub this a good airport read.
Jolene
Jan 31, 2012 Jolene rated it liked it
This book was okay. About halfway through is where it got a bit more interesting. There were some cheesy parts of the story that made me laugh when I shouldn't have been. It also seemed like there was were so many twists and turns that it almost seemed ridiculous. It was an easy read and was good enough that I finished it. I probably wouldn't read it again though.
Jenn
Aug 08, 2014 Jenn rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
I totally forgot when I finished this and this book wasn't that memorable, so I've forgotten a lot.

This book was silly. The fiance/co-host was a complete asshat, I couldn't see how the main female character was ever into him. The ghost dude was boring. The main female was awful. I was interested enough to finish this one and the premise was decent, but the execution? Not so much.
Kathryn
May 07, 2012 Kathryn rated it liked it
I loved the beginning of this but to be honest, I find it a struggle to read almost any time travel type of romance. I just find the premise to hard for me to enjoy as a reader. My rating reflects only my own personal taste not on the writing of this story.
Kelly Ewing
Jan 28, 2012 Kelly Ewing rated it liked it
Entertaining read
Marissa
Feb 29, 2012 Marissa rated it did not like it
Shelves: ugh-don-t-bother
Extremely predictable, boring read with out of touch characters...
Veronica~Nhaughty
This is a FREEbie right now!
Mandi
Jul 01, 2012 Mandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it, it was easy to get sucked in and find myself in scotland with a knight. I enjoyed it greatly
Smileyelena Attard
Mar 21, 2012 Smileyelena Attard rated it liked it
First book read by this author.I enjoyed the story. However there were questions not really answered at the end.
Would read more from this author!
Tia Lucas
Feb 02, 2012 Tia Lucas rated it it was amazing
It was a very interesting love story!
Tia
Feb 15, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Very fun historical/supernatural style romance.
Suzanne
Jun 17, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
For a freebie through Amazon...REALLY liked this book. Definitely going to find others by this author.
Patricia Simpson
Aug 08, 2013 Patricia Simpson added it  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like Scotland and time-traveling knights, then this is the book for you.
Mandi
Jun 30, 2012 Mandi rated it liked it
II loved it.
Nichole
Nichole rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Susan Scampini
Susan Scampini rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Mary Manuele
Mary Manuele rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Amelia Farris
Amelia Farris rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Betty Vinson
Betty Vinson rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Sarah rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Dragon Blues
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • Minding Amy
  • Ordinary Angels
  • The Pleasures of Sin
  • Fated
  • Shadows of the Soul (The Paradisian Chronicles, #1)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Your Magic Touch
  • When the Walls Fell  (Out of Time, #2)
  • Demon Hunter and Baby (Aisling McKay, #1)
  • My Lady Vampire - Book One (My Lady Vampire, #1)
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • Too Close for Comfort
  • The Perfect Dish
  • Last Summer
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Sorceress Awakening (Gargoyle and Sorceress Book 1)
Patricia Simpson grew up in the wilderness of Western Montana, where it meant a 3-1/2 hour drive just to buy shoes. When she was young, the iPod hadn't yet been invented, and there were no radio stations in the area, so on the many long drives for shoes, Patricia amused herself by reading novels or creating her own stories in her head. She was encouraged to write by her sister, who always asked to ...more
More about Patricia Simpson...