Start by marking “Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings, #1)

Cowboy Christmas

(Wild West Weddings #1)

Get ready for a fun and suspenseful Christmastime romance. Trouble follows singer Annette Talbot to Wyoming—and rancher Elijah Walker finds himself directly in its path. Though still wounded by the betrayal of his ex-fiancée, Elijah finds himself attracted to the secretive singer. When it appears Annie is a threat to his mother’s life, Elijah must decide if Annie’s deep ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Christmas

Start your review of Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings, #1)
Loraine
SUMMARY: Get ready for a fun and suspenseful Christmastime romance. Trouble follows singer Annette Talbot to Wyoming—and rancher Elijah Walker finds himself directly in its path. Though still wounded by the betrayal of his ex-fiancée, Elijah finds himself attracted to the secretive singer. When it appears Annie is a threat to his mother’s life, Elijah must decide if Annie’s deep faith and love of God is genuine or if it’s all just a ruse. He decides to trust her—until he discovers she’s a wanted ...more
Ruth
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Have you ever seen or read a melodrama? The only one that comes to my mind is "Snidley Whiplash" which was one of the continuing features on The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show I used to watch as a kid. The main characteristic of a melodrama is that everything is exaggerated; the heroes are very good and the villains are awful, with no redeeming characteristics. Mary Connealy's Cowboy Christmas is a melodrama. The heroine, Annette Talbot, was a singer with a travelling gospel show. The managers ...more
Julie
How willing are you to pick up your cross DAILY and live for the Lord? Annette was willing to do this and then some! Lost in a world of what she thought was a great mission work, Annette soon learns that not everyone who says they are believers really are. Claude and Blanche let her know that pretty quickly.

Annette isn't about to let these two bring her down and ruin her faith. With a tragic situation on hand, Annette finally chooses to escape her current situation and try to better herself.

Nicole
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Mary Connealy's westerns. I love the abrupt writing style that she uses to draw her readers into the rugged period of cowboys, ranchers, gunfights, horses, and (if it's one of Mary's books) many comical twists and turns. I love her humor.
Elijah Walker wasn't my favorite hero, but I did like his sweetness and protective nature. Annie was adorable (even if she was a bit confused).
This was such a fun holiday read, and I'm so glad I got it in time to read for Christmas!
Deanne Patterson
Full of rip roaring action and surprises right up until the last page. Great!
Carrie Daws
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I love the two main characters and their feistiness! And Ruby was a precious jewel in the story, offering a fierce brand of love that comes from fighting through life. Frank, JR, Gibby, Michael--so many tremendous characters. And a storyline that got so intense in the middle that I thought we were reaching the end, but then the author eased back a little and kept the story going. A truly enjoyable afternoon lost in this book.
Susan Davis
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a light, fun western romance. Mary is a writer with a great sense of timing. Some of the happenings in this story seemed quite improbable, but if you are along for the fun of it, that's okay.
Nora St Laurent
Oct 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read the title of this book and plunged in, thinking I might read about a cowboy Christmas. What does that look like? If you are looking for the answer to that question you won’t find it here. What you will find is one wild, action filled adventure story, cowboy style. I'm so glad I received a review copy of this book.

Mary Connealy doesn’t hold back in this Christmas tale, get a grip on your seat belt when you start reading this book. On the first page there’s fist fighting, gun slinging and
Janna Ryan
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy Mary Connealy's books? She is one of only a handful of authors where I feel that if they write a book, I must buy it. Period. Everything she writes brings me joy and makes me laugh, and in today's society I'll take my laughs anyway I can get them... so bring on Mary's new book!

Cowboy Christmas is her new stand alone book and it is great. Two broken, hurting people meet on a stagecoach where sass and sparks fly, but roles are laid out. Annie is the innocent
Lori
Nov 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Christian fiction fans, historical romance fans, western romance fans
Cowboy Christmas was not at all what I expected. Honestly, it took me awhile to read it. I picked it up, and put it down, quite a few times before I finally finished it. That's highly unusual for Mary's books...normally I devour them in one sitting. I don't know why it didn't hold my attention as much as her other books, such as, Montana Rose, which I absolutely loved! (my review here) That being said, Cowboy Christmas is not a bad book, it just didn't draw me in for some reason. I have been ...more
Margaret Chind
May 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: Angie Brillhart
At first while reading the latest of Mary Connealy, a special Christmas book, "Cowboy Christmas", I was not quite as impressed as every other western comedy romance that I have read by such a fabulous author. Yet then I got to read chapters twenty-six and twenty-seven and every reason that I love to read Mary's books came out. I was just about hooting and hollering with chuckles. I even kept reading segments aloud to my dear hubby, who just does not care, yet even he enjoyed them. With this ...more
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mary-connealy, own
Though the title is a bit misleading, COWBOY CHRISTMAS was another enjoyable read from Mary Connealy.

Annette Talbot finds herself in a world of trouble, far from the traveling missionary troupe she sings with. When a deceptive and swindling Claude and Blanche Leveque take over the troupe and decide Annette is going to sing bar tunes and dress provocatively, Annette has no choice but to run. She finds herself headed home on a stage to Ranger Bluff. Elijah Walker is also on the stage, and though
Rochelle
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Alas, I did not like this book.

List of Cons:

There was SOooo much crying in this book! The female lead could not keep it together!

She was trying incessantly to be brave, and in so doing was constantly putting herself in harms way, and therefore constantly needing to be saved. She kept trying not to be a burden but through her constant illogical actions, she was constantly a burden.

The male lead used the term "pretty" WAY too many times. It made him sound oafish.

This book felt like something that
Faith
The plot was good. The execution wasn't. As with "Out of Control" by the same author, the male character was overbearing, rude, and didn't respect women. And he got away with it most of the time. This one was better, but still wasn't worth recommending or reading again.
SheLove2Read
Jun 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Mary Connealy has become one of my "auto buy" authors and this book proves why. Great characters, good storyline and nothing unbelievable or far fetched - just a feel good Christian romance.
Linda
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Annette (Annie) Talbot is returning to her Wyoming home after some bad experiences back East. On the stage, she runs into Elijah Walker, owner of the ranch next to her father's spread. Neither of them are aware that Annie's past is about to catch up to her ...

Errors found in Kindle text: p. 79, pure pleasure leeched into Annie / pure pleasure leached into Annie ; p. 87, she had no where in the world / she had nowhere in the world ; p. 93, around countless rock / around countless rocks ; p. 107,
Katrina Epperson
Loved it!!

I loved this historical romance which is interlaced with suspense and faith. Annette was sent away as a child to boarding school and had endured a lonely childhood. She found solace in her beliefs and faith. She joined a ministry to help spread the word of God, but suddenly finds herself at the mercy of a ruthless married couple. She flees to the one place she had felt safe and protected, the ranch in Wyoming where her dad lived.
I loved that Annette's faith was unshakable. She wanted
Naomi
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As fast-paced as a horse galloping across the Wyoming Prarie!

5 things from Cowboy Christmas
1) A beautiful songbird flees for her life, but the rumors and troubles follow her.
2)A pipe up a sleeve as an effective method of self-defense
3)"The empty place left by his pa's death-- the emptiness that he'd been left with when Walker had been betrayed by his earthly father-- suddenly had a shape and a name: God."
4) Constantly looking over her shoulder is no way to buck up courage.
5)A grumpy cowboy set
Kav
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Mary Connealy book I ever read and I revisit it every Christmas because I love it that much! Annie and Elijah's story has become a holiday tradition in my house.

I love this author's unique style and quick wit. Her deadpan humour cracks me up every single time. And her characters explode off the page and keep me grinning and fuming the whole read through. When it comes to this hero and heroine, stubbornness abounds, complicating the path to a happily ever after. Lots of scope
Sherry Cross
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Mary Connealy has a knack, a talent for hilarious dialogue and Cowboy Christmas is among her best. Songbird Annie is on the run from the evil Claude Leveque & his greedy wife Blanche. Exhausted from the running & hiding, Annie goes back to her father's ranch only to discover him gone. That was the one string left dangling--we dont really know what happened to her father, but we assume he is dead. Neighboring rancher Elijah has reason to distrust Annie but insteadfinds himself
Danielle D Ballew
Great book!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. I couldn’t read it fast enough!

The main character was stubborn, headstrong and had a desire to serve God. She fought her self on many occasions and really, truly wanted to do right. That got her into heaps of trouble from time to time, just like life sometimes does.

The only issue I had with this book is that it had to end! It is the type of book I finish reading and then immediately hope there is a
Stella Potts
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It has characters that you can really get involved with. Annette (Annie) Talbot has a beautiful voice that she is using for the Lord but Claude and Blanche have other ideas. As Annie runs from them back to Wyoming to hide out at her father’s ranch she meets Elijah Walker on the stage. And he might just save her life if he can ever learn to trust her. This is a most enjoyable historical romance that you are sure to love also. I bought this book at a library sale. All opinions ...more
Cindy Huff
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always Connealy took me on a wild fun romp with unexpected twist. Annie escapes from a horrible situation and flees home. I'm the last stagecoach home she meets Elijah Walker, her former neighbor who's trust in women is pretty slim.
Their past makes them suspicious of each other. Annie wants to carry her cross for Jesus while Walker holds God at arms length. Add a feisty Ma Walker and a sleazy villain and this romance gets started with a bang. Love Connealy's books.

NancyDrew
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the BEST I have ever read!!!!....

Living in Wyoming now,I HAD to read this old West story,and there is nothing negative about this novel.....takes place in Wyoming.....clean romance with a touch of mystery and lots of action and suspense .....I hope this author writes sequels.....
Sheila Myers
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama
If you like westerns, suspense, or romance I think you'll enjoy this one. Mary Connealy took a plot that's been done before and added her own unique twists and characters to create an enjoyable story.
Dana Michael
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and Sweet

On my goodness! This was such a fun story to read. I loved the banter between Annie and Elijah. I laughed out loud practically throughout the whole thing. I really enjoyed this sweet and witty Christmas romance.
Rachel
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was okay, but the relationship between Elijah and Annie was choppy and not well written. There were also some holes in the plot and sometimes I got annoyed with Elijah's character.
Denise
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This cowboy story took me in right away with a twist - a woman causing trouble.... A nice love story with a good story line with only a few moments of a little sappy, but sap is all part of a good love story...even in the old west.

Nice lite romance with just a touch of Christmas.
Connie Roberts
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

I love a book that's hard to put down, and this one is. Annie is so brave and I felt so sorry for her because of her dad. I haven't read a book of Mary's that I haven't liked. She's a Wonderful author and I can't wait to read another of her books.
Mary Beth
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper's Station, #2.5)
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • Season of Miracles (Rios Azules Christmas, #1)
  • The Husband Maneuver (A Worthy Pursuit, #1.5)
  • Love on the Mend (Full Steam Ahead, #1.5)
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • The Christmas Tree Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #8)
  • The Bride Bargain (Prairie Promises, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Reunion (Montana Ranches #1)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Lawfully Charmed (Hero Hearts: Bareglen Creek, #1)
  • Hearts Entwined
  • Loving the Horseman (Cañon City Chronicles #1)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • No Other Will Do (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #1)
  • The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno, #2)
  • A Cowboy Unmatched  (Archer Brothers, #2.5)
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written

Wild West Weddings (2 books)
  • Deep Trouble (Wild West Weddings #2)