Start by marking “The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  99,127 Ratings  ·  3,460 Reviews
Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings
Mass Market Paperback, 391 pages
Published April 6th 2010 by Orbit (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Reckoning, please sign up.

Regan If you read the darkest power trilogy,also by Kelley Armstrong, the last book leads back to Chloe and all the characters from this trilogy. It has a…moreIf you read the darkest power trilogy,also by Kelley Armstrong, the last book leads back to Chloe and all the characters from this trilogy. It has a better conclusion for what happens to her, and it has the same type of supernatural beings, so it is as amazing as this trilogy.(less)
Sarah Lucas There actually is a fourth book, sort of. In the series Darkness Rising it talks about more teens in a similar situation. In the last book the…moreThere actually is a fourth book, sort of. In the series Darkness Rising it talks about more teens in a similar situation. In the last book the characters of both books unite to fight against the bad guys (forget their names)(less)

Rebekah
Nov 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
June 2010- if derek and chloe do not get together in this book, i think i just might die. really.

September 2012- I'm always so disappointed when I finish this series. Like, "But... what do you mean it's over? We were just getting into some major character development..." disappointed.
I almost wish this series was turned into a tv show just because I like the characters so much.
Heather
Aug 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
The Reckoning is the final installment to Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers Trilogy. If you haven’t read The Summoning and The Awakening, I would advise you not to read this installment until you have. The Darkest Powers’ world is constantly evolving and Armstrong doesn’t waste her time catching readers up to what they should already know, which I have to admit, is part of what I love about her writing.

I devoured this book. Read it in one setting even and I was glad to see The Reckoning took us
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin

I don't understand why soooo many of my friends loved this book and I just liked it. Sigh. . .

I mean don't get me wrong, I totally love all of the characters in these books. I especially love Derek and Chloe and FINALLY for like two seconds at the end they kiss.

Some things were answered about the supernaturals and just when they thought they might have some help, it's all cray again.

There is a part where one of the ladies was going to mention something about Chloe's pendant changing colors and
Jordan Stubbs
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had a time machine....
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I'm not going to spoil the story for you but there are plenty of good bits, in fact I noted down my favourite pages to do with Chloe and Derek: 125, 225, 242, 292, 371-2 and 390. The part in the woods with the werewolves was excellent, my eyes were glued to the pages. I love how Chloe and Derek are determined to protect each other at great risk to their own lives.

This may be a young adult trilogy but it didn't always feel like it, in a good way of course. Derek calling Chloe on her mistakes and
BlebeTanja
Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: so-my-cup-of-tea
The. Best. Friggin'. Series. I've. Read. In a long long long long long (you get the picture) time. I was thrilled. Super-excited. Impressed. So glad someone restored my faith in believing there could still be good books in the world. Thank you, Kelley Armstrong. You did great.
I can't express with words how superb this book (and series) was. Everything about this book appealed to me. The likeable characters, the imaginative plot, the way how the love triangle was portrayed, even though it wasn't
xtina
Jun 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
not with a bang but a whimper

(I wouldn't normally write such a lengthy review for a book that disappointed me as much as this one (why waste any more time on it!?) - but the more I got to thinking about the issues I had with this book, yet more and more troubling issues kept occurring to me, and the angrier I became...so the review just grew and grew. Sorry.)

Unlike the previous two installments of the Darkest Powers Series, which are driven both by plot and character development, The Reckoning i
Tatiana
Aug 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of first 2 books in the trilogy
As seen on The Readventurer

I love Kelley Armstrong. I love her adult "Women of the Otherworld" series. I do not love her YA books, I think they are just OK reads, with overabundance of action but lacking actual plot and satisfying story resolutions. The same applies to this final book in the Chloe Saunders trilogy.

Most likely, if you enjoyed "The Summoning" and "The Awakening," I expect you will like "The Reckoning," because it's basically more of the same - the same running around scenarios wit
Morgan F
Okay, okay, okay. Four stars.

See, I enjoy these books while reading them, and its not until afterwards that I realize their faults. I get sucked into the easy writing and run-and-hide plot. Its certainly a good way to spend a few hours.

This series could have been one book, because really, the plot of these books is pretty much running, hiding, moments of sexual tension, and the occasional revelation. Take a cheese grater to this series, and you might just have one excellent YA paranormal.

If yo
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Derek and Chloe have such a connection! I really hope they do something about it in this book!!!!! Make out.... Do the Do... BUT DO SOMETHING!!!! lol
Kayla
Dec 10, 2009 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for this book. I just finished the first 2 and they were amazing!!!! I love Derek and Chloe...Sorry Simon. I also just got done reading the first 3 chapters of this one, it's gonna be GREAT!!!
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2012/0...

LOVED IT!!

The Reckoning, the third book in the Darkest Powers trilogy, starts off with intensity and ends triumphantly. And all good stuff in between!

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to write a review without some spoilers... but I'll try to keep the major ones out.

Where the first two books lacked in a bit of romance, it was made up for in this book! Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing ch
RavenclawReadingRoom
29/4/2017
The last time that I read this, I gave it five stars. And, like, I still love this book. But LOLOLOLOL it's not even CLOSE to being a five star book by my current standards.

Anyway. It's a solid ending to the series. I love seeing Chloe realise that her powers are way more badass than most necromancers. I love seeing Derek struggle with transforming for the first time, with his feelings for Chloe, with SIMON'S feelings for Chloe, and with having to go up against adult werewolves who kno
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Phoebe
Aug 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Jude
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-favorites

This book was just the right amount of EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact: It. Was. Perfect.

Action. Mystery. Fear. Romance. Passion. Truths. Not-wanted truths. And Trouble. Lots of trouble.

All of this and more is poured into the pages of The Reckoning, soaking every page of it. This book was a little bit more focused to the relationship between Chloe and Derek, but still keeping up with all the action. It was really fun and trilling to see Chloe struggle with
Cesar
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Whoo! Finally! I finally finished The Reckoning! Again, I'm reminded of the memories of the time I enjoyed reading the Darkest Powers trilogy. And now that I finished re-reading them, I have nothing but bliss from reading them.

So, The Reckoning. I'll be honest, it's been years since I last read the book and most of my memories of it were a bit shady. I remember the end, but the beginning and the middle were a blur to me. I thought there was a lot of action in the beginning, but apparently
Amren's Wife Taylor
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Possibly 3.5 stars? It was good, I had a lot of fun reading it and more than a few laughs and it was definitely an all together nice way to spend my time the last few days. I would certainly recommend it to anyone with a plan to sit curled up with a book and a cup of coffee for a while.
But it wasn’t fantastic. It wasn’t a I’m-likely-to-reread-these-some-day series. More a one time fling. And that’s perfectly okay, certainly no skin off my nose. Not every single series can be earth-shattering.
But
Rosanne
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
*3,9/5 stars*

“You know children, always playing with the forces of darkness.”

Surprisingly, I loved The Reckoning more than I thought I would. There was little bit of everything - action and fight scenes, superpowers, friendship, romance and of course, some cool necromancer stuff.

I especially liked Chloe's change through this series. From fragile little girl who was afraid to even voice her own opinion to this determined necromancer who wasn't afraid to say no anymore.

“Great. So if I saw a guy st
Monisha
I devoured this book.

Read it in one setting even and I was glad to see The Reckoning took us back to The Summoning eerie roots.

MY review for :
->The Summoning(Book 1)

->The Awakening(Book 2)

Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing change from the typica
Eric Boot
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mijn god, dit einde...! Te gek, zo ontzettend spannend ;) Wat heb ik ontzettend van deze serie genoten! Kelley, bedankt voor alles!
Malerie
Aug 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait because the last one leaves you hanging something terrible!!! If you haven't read the series, you must. It's good.
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
Michelle
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lid
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reseña en el blog: http://librosdelcielo.blogspot.com.es...

Tal vez no sea uno de esos finales en los que ha acabado todo y ya viven felices para siempre pero ha sido un final y me ha gustado. La trilogía en general ha sido un vicio y ahora no sé que haré con mi vida...
Lucy
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I would not have liked the Darkest Powers series had I not had all three books to read back to back. It's not that I have no patience. I do have a modicum of patience. I keep it in a jar on my desk. No, the problem with reading the Darkest Powers spaced out over the course of the three years they were published is pretty closely aligned with the problem I'm going to have reviewing them. The three books more or less equate one story. There are very few small arches to these books, the first two b ...more
Kyle
Oct 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

One of those books that you can't help saying "Aw, well isn't that sweet" when you finsih it and genuinely mean it.

Still had plenty of issues with it. However, compared to the first two, especially the second novel The Awakening, this one was pretty good, and better than some recently published paranormal novels.

Not going to do a full review, just list my biggest complaint with this book. While it did have me saying "Aw" and having a slight smile on my face, that ending isn't a good one, sin
Kristi
Jul 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
FINALLY!

All I am going to say is that Chloe finally picked a guy and it was the one I wanted! Wooohooo! I don't even care what happened in the rest of the book, I just wanted that to happen and it did!

First off, I am a huge fan of this series. I love the story, the characters, the world that Armstrong has created. That being said, The Reckoning wasn't my favorite book of the series.

That being said, it felt like the plot was going in circles again with the whole Edison group thing. I understand t
Khanh (the meanie)
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh, FINALLY. Here's what I've been waiting for, some decent, relevant action. This was a very pleasant change from the mind-numbing boringness of the first couple of books. I don't care if the group was on the run for most of the 2nd book, it didn't change the fact that it was completely yawn-worthy. In this book, the four are in a hideout and Tori and Chloe are trying to gain more control of their power while trying to prove to the adults of the resistance that they're telling the truth and the ...more
Chloe and Derek? or Chloe and Simon? 130 426 Jul 20, 2017 04:51PM
LIT Nerds Book Club: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong 1 1 Jun 10, 2017 03:40PM
loose ends/unanswered questions 20 249 Nov 23, 2015 03:12PM
found a song that totaly says Chole 8 66 Feb 14, 2015 06:56PM
a good movie yall will like 1 18 Feb 08, 2015 12:53PM
Chole and Derek??? 90 541 Feb 08, 2015 12:20PM
Darkest Powers by...: ending? 9 81 Sep 07, 2014 09:19AM
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
  • Firespell (Dark Elite, #1)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Darkest Powers (4 books)
  • The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
  • The Complete Darkest Powers Tales

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You were just worried about me."
An exhale, relieved that I had understood. "Yeah"
I turned. "Because you think I'm worth it"
He put his fingers under my chin. "I absolutely think your worth it."
"But you don't think you are."
His mouth opened. Shut.
"That's what this is about, Derek. You won't let us worry about you because you don't think you're worth it. But I do. I absolutely do.”
759 likes
“So I was right, wasn't I? It's still you, even in wolf form.'
He grunted.
No sudden uncontrollable urges to go kill something?'
He rolled his eyes.
Hey, you're the one who was worried.' I paused. 'And I don't smell like dinner, right?'
I got a real look for that one.
Just covering all the bases.”
483 likes