Start by marking “This Book Is Not Good for You (Secret, #3)” as Want to Read:
This Book Is Not Good for You (Secret, #3)

This Book Is Not Good for You

(Secret #3)

Between the pages of this book lies the secret to the best-tasting chocolate in all the world. I promise, your taste buds will tingle. Your palette will sing! Oh no, have I accidentally tempted you to read this book? I will warn you, however, the most delicious things are never good for you...and this story is particularly scrumptious!

In this tooth-rotting adventure, Cass'
Published September 1st 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about This Book Is Not Good for You, please sign up.
Zanye Yes, the main character is the brother of Max-Ernest, and there are other characters from the Secret Series. The third book is supposed to answer a…moreYes, the main character is the brother of Max-Ernest, and there are other characters from the Secret Series. The third book is supposed to answer a lot of the questions of the Secret Series.(less)
Eileen ' The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1) ' and ' If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2) '

Carly
Feb 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure how a person could possibly not love this book. For one, it's about secret spy kids. For another, it's awesome and hilarious. And finally (as if that weren't enough), it's about chocolate. Need I say more?

I also would like to add that I am pretty sure Pseudonymous Bosch and I are soul mates. It seems from reading this book that his love of dark chocolate is nearly as passionate as mine (from Q&A in the book's appendix: "Q: What is dark chocolate?" "A: Heaven on Earth."),
Drew Ransom
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drew-s-shelf
In the story This Book Is Not Good For You by Pseudonymous Bosch, Cass and Max-Ernest, two friends fond of adventure and full of curiosity, set off on their third adventure. In this book, Cass, Max-Ernest, and a new friend they made in their last adventure, Yo Yoji, search for the Tuning Fork, a magical tool used to make the most plain substance, like water, into something delicious, like chocolate. These three are sent on their adventure not knowing any information, but knowing that their enem ...more
Bookish Devil
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is just getting better and better.
This book is an absolute no nonsense book. Funny,Witty,Mysterious,Thrilling ...damn what more could a reader ask for. Dear Pseudonymous, you just earned a fan here !
Nerissa
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I agree! This book isn't good for you. It's REALLY GOOD for you! ;)
Sydney Wilson
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great book series for young adults (10-18) who like intriguing books without having adult themes (sex, drug use, mature language.) My daughter (11) is already reading at a high school/college level, and it's hard to find appropriate books for her. This author is hilarious.
Jailyn709
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book!!! You never know what is going to happen next so it makes you want to just keep reading! But the ending sucks! They don't tell you the answer to the big problem, they leave you hanging but that was the last book in that series!!!
haley
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Summary: In this delicious third installment of the amazing Secret Series, Cassandra and Max-Ernest have to beat an evil chef, rescue enslaved kids from a chocolate plantation, and find a mythical tool known as the Tuning Fork.

My thoughts: This book is the third book in one of my all-time favorite series!! And it has chocolate!! With awesome characters, an interesting adventure and chocolate, this is an excellent combination!
Tiffany
Sep 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
I really enjoy this author (whoever they really are!) Just make sure you have some chocolate to eat while you read it because it talks all about chocolate!
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in a series and a really quick read, mostly aimed for kids about 9-12. But I still enjoyed reading it myself because it’s something light, playful and a pretty good mystery/detective story as well.

This one continues to follow the story of Cassandra, Yo-Yoji and Max-Ernest. I won’t tell you much, seeing as the content of this book is highly secret (^^) but I will say it has something to do with a cursed Aztec artifact, an evil and deranged chef, a secret lair of cocoa-crazed mon
Kara
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Once again the Secret Series did not fail to deliver. This book was a great read. Pseudonymous Bosch has a funny way of placing chapters out of order. The first chapter is actually chapter fifteen (I think.) This is interesting because it is like watching one of those movies where they start out with the climax and you get really intrigued, but then it goes back to the beginning and explains how they got to that climactic moment.

Anyhow, in this book Cassandra's mother is kidnapped and Cass, Max
Lilli
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This Book Is Not Good for You is about 3 people, Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yo-Yoji, who are brought into this dangerous adventure of getting Cass's mother back from the evil chocolatier Hugo. She is kept at a hidden chocolate plantation at the Wild World zoo in Africa where the Midnight Sun has held Cass's mother as a hostage. Soon they will find themselves caught in a trap, putting their own friendships at stake.

I gave This Book Is Not Good for You 5 stars because it's a great mystery book and is t
Alyssa
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than the last one! Not only was a big problem solved but an even bigger problem was started! When I get home I am going to start reading the 4th book.
Rachel Choi
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adair
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it

This Book is Not Good for You, Pseudonymous Bosch

This Book is Not Good for You is the third puzzle-filled book in The Secret Series, in which Cass and Max-Ernest, two brave 11-year olds, set out to fulfill some very perplexing—and dangerous—missions.

What’s the ‘secret’ this time? I’m not allowed to tell, but it has to do with the most delicious chocolate in the entire world. And it gets better from there. Once her suspicions are aroused, Cass discovers the dastardly Ms. Mauvais is masquerading a
Grady M
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Book Is Not Good For You

This book is like a race against time. Because something happened to Cass’s mom. I think this book is really good because like I stated earlier this book is like a race against time. Cass, Max Ernest and Yo-Yoji has to save Cass’s mom before time runs out. I think this book is suspenseful be this book is all about suspense and mystery. This book is a part of a series called the secret series. I would recommend this book to my friend from my old school because he lo
Alyssa
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO GOOD. All the books in this series so far have just sucked me in 100%. These books are so unique, each one has a different twist and a different feel. I think this one gave some great character development for Cass and Max-Earnest. Yo-Yoji still has room to grow, but I'm sure that will come in the next two books! Every thing about this book was wonderful and I personally think it was better than the previous book. Can't wait until the next book!
Faith (-;
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was mysterious and I always want to read it to find out what's next. I like how the author always chimes into the book, and talks about how he doesn't know about something, or if he wants to put his opinion. I recommend this to all of u guys its a really good series. But dont start with this one other ys it doesnt make sense.
Eli Bruess
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book, This Book Is Not Good for You is about three kids Max-Ernest Cassandra and Yo-Yoji that go on an adventure to try and find the Tecres Society. This book is good and I think everyone should read it.
Cristi-Lael
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Cute addition to this series. As usual with the middle book in a series, it was not quite as good as the books before it, but I have hope for the rest of the series. And, really, it wasn't bad in any way. It just wasn't quite as good as the last book.
Alkyoni Kotsis
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series.....
Newton Witter
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Niamh
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is yet another amazing book in the secret series I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will say that there are plenty of cliffhangers and at some stages it was so amazing that I just couldn't put it down.
radhika morabia
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is such a wonderful children's series full of quite mature undertones, real adventure, and heartwarming friendship. I love the world it's building up.

I only hope that the author resolves it satisfyingly.
Kimberley
I liked the pacing with this book, it is definitely more middle-grade but I still found it enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this series (you will definitely need to read the first two books to know what is going on) however if you do pick this up definitely remember that it is aimed at the younger generation so some of the jokes and plotline may be a little dull or childish but it's still a good book!

Read more on my blog at: https://bookgeek2015.wordpress.com/
Ava
May 13, 2019 added it
Cass and Max-Ernest are determined to put a stop to Ms.Mauvis and Dr.L while Casses’ mom is being held hostage at the most dangerous chocolate factory.
Rick Stuckwisch
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a strong, consistent series. Such a fun story, and written in such a fun way. Loving it all the way.
Rogerio
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book to be more a transition, but with my favorite subject "chocolate" it was very attractive nonetheless - for the chocolate part.
Rachael
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can find my review on my blog here (& below):

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO BOOKS IN THIS SERIES

'This Book is Not Good for You' is the third book in the young adult 'Secrets Series' by Pseudonymous Bosch.

The previous book ended with Cass, Max-Ernest and their new friend Yo-Yogi, once again thwarting the plans of the Midnight Sun and keeping the Secret safe. This book picks up a little while later. Cass is working in her grandfather
Charlyn
Jul 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Gr. 5 and up
Well, I’ve done what I recommend students not do: begin a series with a book other than #1. I have not read the first two books, but I picked up this one because it was the most recent…and—ok-- I really didn’t realize it was a series. So, starting off with that deficiency, I still had no difficulty getting into the book. The Midnight Sun, the enemy, is trying to figure out a Secret that the Terces Society is trying to prevent them from getting. Cassandra is at the center of the Secret, but she ...more
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

Short and Simple Review
The Secret series continues and just like the last book, I found this one to be enjoyable. There is a lot of oddities going on in this book, just like the last one, and I found it amusing keeping track of all the weird situations that Cass and Max-Ernest end up in. I felt bad for Cass because her mother had been kidnapped and she couldn't tell anyone else what was happening. There is a lot of chocolate in this boo
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please add page count 13 24 Feb 14, 2017 02:03PM
This book is not good for you; Book discussion. 6 28 Aug 29, 2014 07:36PM
Word game starting on a word from the book!! 7 23 Jan 06, 2013 06:02AM
What's the Name o...: Dystopian Chocolate [s] 9 75 Dec 17, 2012 03:13PM

• The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Runaway Elf (Sammy Keyes, #4)
  • A Whole Nother Story
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Calder Game (Chasing Vermeer, #3)
  • The Puzzling World of Winston Breen (The Puzzling World of Winston Breen #1)
  • We Are Not Eaten by Yaks (An Accidental Adventure, #1)
  • Class is Not Dismissed! (School of Fear, #2)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Dead Drop (Gilda Joyce, #4)
  • The Hidden Gallery (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #2)
  • The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
Pseudonymous Bosch is the infamously anonymous author of the New York Times bestselling Secret Series and the Bad Books. Despite rumors to the contrary, his books are not actually written by his pet rabbit, Quiche; the rabbit is merely his typist.

Secret (6 books)
  • The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1)
  • If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • Write This Book: A Do-It-Yourself Mystery
“You know, people always warn children about taking candy from strange adults. But they never warn us adults about taking candy from strange children.
All those sweet-looking kids who sell boxes of candy bars on the street to help pay for schooling - how do we know what's in those bars? And don't even get me stated on that nefarious institution designed to lure unsuspecting customers into buying mysterious frosted goodies: the bake sale.
Adults, be warned: if a child wanted to poison you it would be a piece of cake! Literally a piece of cake.”
78 likes