Start by marking “Pale Phoenix” as Want to Read:
Pale Phoenix

Pale Phoenix (Time Travel Mystery #3)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Miranda isn't happy when sullen orphan Abby Chandler comes to live with her family. But Miranda's anger turns to shock when she learns the girl's horrible secret: Abby's parents and sisters were killed in a house fire in this very town--more than three hundred years ago. Somehow Abby survived the fire and has been living in a virtual limbo ever since.
Fifteen-year-old Mir
Published August 1st 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Pale Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pale Phoenix

Andrea Hussey
Dhani
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Judul buku : Kutukan Gadis Phoenix
Pengarang : Kathryn Reiss
Genre buku : Misteri
Alih bahasa : Utti Setiawati

Buku ini adalah buku yang saya beli murah dari seorang teman. Sama sekali blank dengan nama pengarang, juga jenis genre dan jalan ceritanya. Tapi setelah membacanya, suka banget.

Bercerita tentang Miranda Browne, seorang remaja, putri tunggal dari ibu yang dokter dan ayah yang seorang dosen pada mulanya, lalu memutuskan menjadi seorang direktur di sebuah museum.Pada suatu perjalanan ke sekol
Melissa
Sep 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Genre: Fantasy

This book is a story of a young girl, Abby, who has lived for 300 years and is trying desperately to get back in time to be with her family. Abby never ages and so she has to travel frequently so that people do not become suspicious of her. Abby arrives in Garnet, where Miranda's family lives. Miranda immediately has bad vibes when Abby is around and is very curious about her. When Abby is caught trying to break into Miranda's parents car they bring her home to question her. Becaus
Raquel Romero
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book when I was younger. I always remembered the name then for some reason forgot it for a few years. Just remembered again and I'm glad I did. I can't believe I read it and I had no idea it was a series. Definitely broke one of my reading rules but of course I didn't know it back then lol.

Great book. It's probably been 10 years since I read it. I'm going to buy as soon as possible so I can read again and give a better review :)
Amanda
Nov 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have read time windows
This was a good books but I like Time Windows better. (this is the 2nd to Time Windows.)

This book was kinda boring to begin with but it got a little better. This was the companion to Time Windows so of course I had to read it. I like who Miranda and her "boyfriends" relation ship developed more. All in all it was a good book and it is worth the read.
Claudia
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My mom bought this book for me through one of the school scholastic book orders in elementary school. I have read it an re-read it to the point where the binding is cracked and faded from so many readings. More than ten years later I still re-read it every year or so. An absolutely sensational book that you never get tired of!
Natsu
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
not as fun as the 2nd book, but much better that the 1st.
pretty interesting story and unpredictable ending, at least for me..
but I think it's more like a drama story rather than a mystery.. well, just my 2 cent tho..
Catherine
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This is a pretty good ghost story, but I found it hard to believe that Mandy's parents didn't listen to her more carefully after the whole Time Windows story. I did like seeing the character development though.
Amanda
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great sequel to "Time Windows". Spooky and well done.
Kricket
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006, kids, ghosts
as a youngster, i loved "time windows" but didn't realize it had a sequel until i was 22. and i think 22 was just too late to discover this one.
  • 2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, #1)
  • In The Stone Circle
  • A Time Apart
  • Amalia: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #14)
  • Holiday Mischief (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition #2)
  • Who Are You?
  • The Haunting (House on Cherry Street, #1)
  • The Journal of C. J. Jackson, a Dust Bowl Migrant, Oklahoma to California, 1935  (My Name Is America)
  • Volinette's Song
  • Spying on Miss Muller
  • Virtual Vampires of Vermont (American Chillers, #13)
  • The Enchanted Attic (Shivers, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • Cobwebs
  • For the Love of Venice
  • The Serpent's Daughter (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #3)
  • Flashback (Saskia Brandt, #2)
Kathryn Reiss was born in Massachusetts, grew up in Ohio, and received B.A. degrees in English and German from Duke University, and an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Michigan. After college, she lived in Bonn, Germany as a Fulbright Scholar, and during this time wrote the first draft of her first novel.

Ms. Reiss has been a Writer in Residence for the Princeton Arts Council, a re
More about Kathryn Reiss...

Time Travel Mystery (4 books)
  • Dreadful Sorry