Start by marking “Mistaken for a Mistress” as Want to Read:
Mistaken for a Mistress

Mistaken for a Mistress

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Playing the part....

Rocco Andretti mistakenly believed that Marlene had been the late Paolo Rossi's mistress, and that she had borne Paolo a child. Rocco thought he could seduce Marlene into handing over everything Paolo had left to his son.

Marlene had promised Paolo she would fight to make sure little Paul received his rightful inheritance. So it suited her to play up to
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1915, 188 pages
Published October 1997 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mistaken for a Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistaken for a Mistress

Leona
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Not sure what all the hype is about.

The heroine was an extremely brilliant and successful financier who used her skills to successfully negotiate her brother's inheritance. But that's where her success stops, because she was lacking in everything else in life that really matters. I couldn't get past the fact that for someone who is so smart she could:

1) fall into bed with a man who boasts about being able to get her there
2) continue to sleep with the same man who blatantly sets out to cheat her
Becky
Leona's review hits most of my thoughts but..prob more 3.5 star for me. I did love the unique aspect of the woman having the financial smarts, and I also love books where 1) H thinks h is a bimbo and she's really educated and 2) people including H talk badly about h in front of her face thinking she doesn't understand the language.

So first 40% was exciting for me. But book went downhill and finished on a slump because
1) the whole boardroom scene, probably because it was told in narrative withou
Vanessa
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jacqueline
Decent read. At least here the heroine had a career and was wealthy from her own efforts. goofy little mistaken identity story as the heroine pretends to be her baby brother's mother in order not to lose him to his late father's family. She does have fun playing the bimbo gold digger and that was kind of fun and different to read.
Suganya
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baird-jacqueline
WOW!!What a great heroine.Usually among harlequin presents,it is difficult to find a book with a heroine who knows what she is doing(usually they will be doormat:( ) but baird had made this book enjoyable by giving us a strong heroine who clearly plays the strings of Hero..Would love more book like this among harlequins..
Tia
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Would of loved more of an ending to this novel but never the less it was pretty damn amazing. I loved the strong heroine, she was amazing and everything you could ever want in a heroine. The hero actually annoyed me for a while, his arrogance drove me up the wall, as they say. I loved how the novel turned out and the story was weaved, it was GREAT!
Diane
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
i liked the heroine but the hero was a d**k, the epitome of nastiness and duplicity. would have liked to have seen him kicked to the curb
IamGamz
3.5 Drama, Drama, Drama! Stars

“Please, Rocco,"' he mimicked savagely. 'What pity did you show to the Contessa? I was right about you the first time I saw you. You are a devious, lying, mercenary little bitch.”

The Contessa

Another wonderful vintage HP book from Jacqueline Baird.

A story that has a crazy Italian Contessa and her secret lover trying to cheat a 3 year old out of his inheritance. A sister determined to fight back for all she is worth. A clueless geologist in serious lust for the woma
Modesty_b
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
the only thought i had while reading this was that it should have been made into a movie... loved it too much and the unfolding of the story perfect..
Brittany Osurman
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think it would be much better if it were in dual POV.
Cristina
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: spanish, resenhado
Rocco es un misterio y aunque la autora va dejando huellas por el libro, te quedas sorprendido cuando todo se revela. Ya los secretos de Marlene son faciles de descubrir.
Jocelyn Berman
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book
Tiffany
  • A Whirlwind Marriage
  • Betrayal in Bali
  • A Very Stylish Affair
  • In Bed with the Boss
Jacqueline Baird was born on the 1st of April at home in a small village Northumbria, England, UK, where she raised. She went to the local village school, and later an all-girls' grammar school where she passed the University of Oxford General Certificate of Education in various subjects. On leaving school she joined the civil service in the then Post Office department.

She met her husband Jim, whe
More about Jacqueline Baird...