Start by marking “Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-media Techniques for Successful Transfers” as Want to Read:
Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-media Techniques for Successful Transfers

Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-media Techniques for Successful Transfers

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  258 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
No Fear Transfers

If you have never tried image transfers or have experienced image transfer mishaps, then Image Transfer Workshop is for you. This book presents step-by-step techniques for 35 image transfer processes, extensive tips for fixing mishaps and examples of how to combine transfers in finished pieces of mixed-media art.

This comprehensive guide features:

35 Techniq
Published July 1st 2009 by Northlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Image Transfer Workshop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Image Transfer Workshop

Marie Z. Johansen
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art, mixed-media-art
Whenever I see a new book come out on my favorite technique, image transfers, I simply cannot restrain my fingers from hitting the "buy me now" button. Once in awhile I am disappointed but sometimes I am also totally, unabashedly, thrilled with a book. This book, "Image Transfer Workshop", looked like it was right up my alley and it is ! I LOVE this book. It explores so many different techniques and presents them so well that I would venture to say that this is a "must have" book for anyone who ...more
Christine Turner
Need to purchase!

No Fear Transfers
This comprehensive guide features:
35 Techniques: This book focuses exclusively on making transfers from simple tape and gel medium transfers to more com
Jeannine
Oct 07, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: art-creativity
Great for inkjet transfer virgins.

Each method provides excellent technical information, including lightfastness.

My beef with this book, and craft books in general, is that the quality isn't good. Lots of spelling errors, the artwork examples are not good or inspiring. The authors should have solicited artwork from others.

I wasn't inspired and returned this. It is great to have so many craft books (I remember a time when it was hard to find mixed media books and magazines) but with the glut we h
Mary
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
Good techniques well-explained. Would have liked to have a bit more on the why in addition to the how.
liberal sprinkles
wow, this is an incredibly comprehensive book on image transfer. Over 30 techniques are taught in very clearly written tutorials and the troubleshooting and fix-it tips are great pluses for when things go wrong, and they do. A couple of projects are also included. I like that several of the techniques use materials that can easily be found around the home, so anyone can immediately start creating.

This is a must-have book for anyone interested in art, collage and mixed-media.
D Murgatroyd
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-craft
Good reference book
Catherine Woodman
There is not much in the way of instruction here, but alot of ideas of what to do with various mediujms--reminds me of Cindi Laukes' work.
Sep 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-arts
pretty standard. could get most of this info off the Internet. which is unfortunately true for many tutorial books.
Linda
Camille
Jul 28, 2013
  • Surface Treatment Workshop: Explore 45 Mixed-Media Techniques
  • Good Mail Day: A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art
  • Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected--New Techniques Using Color, Personal Imagery and Creative Surfaces
  • Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects
  • Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic
  • The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery: Mixed-Media Techniques for Collage, Altered Books, Artist Journals, and More
  • Journal Spilling: Mixed-Media Techniques for Free Expression
  • Collage Lost and Found: Creating Unique Projects with Vintage Ephemera
  • Altered Curiosities: Assemblage Techniques & Projects
  • Personal Geographies: Explorations in Mixed-Media Mapmaking
  • True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling
  • Art at the Speed of Life: motivation + inspiration for making mixed-media art every day
  • The Art Journal Workshop: Break Through, Explore, and Make it Your Own