Start by marking “Dinosaurs (level 1)” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs (level 1)

Dinosaurs (level 1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Young readers learn basic facts about dinosaurs with rhyming text, colorful illustrations, and more.
Published September 1st 2001 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs

Karisa
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this to my 1 year old and 4 year old, neither of whom are able to read yet of course. They both seemed to enjoy it and let me finish all 144 pages to them in one sitting! A miracle in itself! Would recommend.
Jillian
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Really good for the intended audience - it's tricky enough for the beginner reader, but it's not so tough they'll give up. (The book waits until the very end to label the dinosaurs, so they don't have to muddle through pronunciation unless they really want to.) The rhyme serves a purpose to the story, and the meaning of a sentence is never sacrificed for the sake of making a rhyme.
I was very glad to see that the dinosaurs were named at the end, since what's the point of a "factual" dinosaur book
Amanda
After having such good luck with the other Easy Reader of 4 stories, I requested this one.

Great for dinosaur lovers and a pretty good easy reader. My 4 yr old needed help with the dinosaur names (one story has them with phonetic spellings), but otherwise did it on his own. The stories are very different between the 4, which is not like the last Easy Reader of 4 stories.
Melissa Namba
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: coplin
The language is basic, but it doesn't teach as much as it could. It is a level 2 science book, but the concepts are pre school aged or even younger (think One Fish, Blue Fish). I'm sending it to my 6 year old nephew, knowing that his 4 year old brother will probably like it more.
ABC
May 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: younger-kids
These stories were really good. I think my son liked the first one best (a boy uses a magic wand to creat dinosaurs) and I liked the second one best (the story shows which animals and plants lived at the time of the dinosaurs and are still with us today--like snakes and pine cones).
Nojood Alsudairi
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Very interesting.
Mason, Natalie & Oliver
Good illustrations, and it was easy to read...it was written in short, rhyming lines. My son (4) enjoyed it, but he loves dinosaurs!
Eva Leger
Oct 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: julias-books
Great for dinosaur lovers who are just starting to read! Can also be read to a child but in that case have some other books handy because this will only take about 27 seconds. :)
Mary
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These 4 books are pretty cute, the last two actually have real dinosaurs with their names at the back of the story so that kids can learn more about dinosaurs.
Chelsey Combs
This is a simple non-fiction book about dinosaurs. There were many sight words. There was also a lot of rhyming.
PWRL
Oct 23, 2014
Em
May 15, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Grace Maccarone is a children’s book editor and the author of many books for young readers, including Miss Lina’s Ballerinas, illustrated by Christine Davenier, and the First Grade Friends series, illustrated by Betsy Lewin. She lives in Westchester, New York.

More about Grace Maccarone...