Start by marking “Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes” as Want to Read:
Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes

Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes

Problem Solved!Uses your favorite top-drawer tool--the Post-it Note. Great for individuals, great for groups--large or small. Problems come in all shapes and sizes, yet most have common characteristics that can be addressed with the techniques found in this book. Rapid Problem-Solving with Post-it Notes shows you how to use six types of techniques:
The Post-up-Provides
Published July 22nd 1997 by Da Capo Lifelong Books

To ask other readers questions about Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes

Start your review of Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes
Joey
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thinking
Super quick read. Nothing mind blowing, but pretty good techniques for brainstorming using the flexibility of post-its.
Julie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a straight-forward guide to organizing ideas on post-it notes that can be a great help to larger student groups brainstorming their ideas. It also gives them a few options in choosing how to best organize those ideas...but in the age of working on google docs, this is not essential reading.
Kasey Wang
Mar 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Seems outdated. Nothing I didn't already know from UX work. There were 4 pages of diagrams that did help with modeling some problem solving. If it were a book filled with these diagrams, then maybe. The text was lackluster.
Sandy H
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
The initial concept was somewhat interesting, if not expensive (you'd go through piles of post-its to use this method, but if it works and you have the budget for it, that would be a valuable expense). However, many of the methods seemed very complicated. However, trying to read them versus practicing them may be the problem--if I were in a position to try out each step I might have been able to more clearly understand the descriptions. I have been looking for alternative methods to the ...more
Paul Baldowski
I'm torn about how much value I got out of this book. In practice, it does serve up a valuable, if very focussed, guide to use of Post-ItTM Notes in defining, sorting, prioritising and giving structure to knowledge. You have the Post-Up and Swap-Out for general information gathering and sorting, the Top-Down and Bottom-Up for either generating or coalescing data, and you have the Information Map and the Action Map, either for finding commonality between the disparate or creating flow. It all ...more
Andrea James
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: decision-making
This is a very visual book (unsurprising given its main idea is based on visual discussion) and it's really easy to pick up the points and ideas quickly.

A lot of it felt self-explanatory so it could probably have been an even shorter and quicker read. In any case, although hardly groundbreaking, it has some nice prompts to use to get our thoughts organised for decision-making and problem solving.
Catherine
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was ok
I use Post-it (R) notes frequently to outline my ebooks, books, and other documentation so I thought this would help me refine the process. I also teach using Post-it (R) notes in my writing seminars. The material has me stumped in many sections.

This is a resource book that you only want to read if you can directly apply it to the process you need it with. Everything else in the book needs to left unread.
Steve Goodyear
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed this book and the ideas it gave me. It really added some nice tools to my toolbox for my creative process. I find it helps me develop focus or find a new way of looking at a problem, and I find the process great for brainstorming ideas as well. He did a great job writing the book so the ideas are easy to digest and begin to practice, as well as use it as a reference to refresh myself on different techniques later.
Onekerato
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant short book based on the idea that a post-it note can hold just enough content to capture one detail of a problem, and the book presents several structuring techniques to arrange post-it notes to work out solutions to the problem. Eye-opening on how adding structure to a group discussion can help to quickly arrive at concrete results.
Alix
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I didn't really internalize the tools in this book, or if it just wasn't what I wanted. I was hoping for something that would help me facilitate problem-solving and decision-making sessions with groups, and just didn't find this to be useful for that purpose.
Fullfaun
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This has great ideas and ones that can help tackle any problem or find a solution for how to paint the garage.
It is using work-based examples mostly.
Fritz Desir
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Small but so powerful. Techniques galore. Impress your friends at parties (and meetings).
Bassem Alfiky
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

One of the best problem solving/decision making books written.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must-read book on decision making and problem solving, which are two critical competencies in business life.
Gary Cohen
Aug 12, 2016
Darrell Griffin
Jan 22, 2017
Leslie Perkins
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2014
Dec 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career
  • The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking
  • The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1)
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane, #1)
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • The Drowning Game
  • After Anna
  • The Sister
  • Maximize Your Potential: Grow Your Expertise, Take Bold Risks  Build an Incredible Career
  • Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar: Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • Getting to Yes with Yourself: And Other Worthy Opponents
  • Principles: Life and Work
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
  • What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • Jane Doe (Jane Doe, #1)