Start by marking “Double Take” as Want to Read:
Double Take

Double Take

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Cole Leighton can barely believe his eyes. A woman on his bus has just been abducted--in an "exact" reflection of a scene from the bestselling novel he's reading. Someone is bringing the book to life...and isn't above forcing an innocent woman to follow the story to its tragic end. Using the novel as his playbook, Cole catches up with the beautiful victim--but rescuing Ken ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Double Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Take

Alisha
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.65
Robin
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize Love Inspired had a Suspense line until I picked up this book. I'd never heard of the author. And now I'm disappointed to learn that she only has one other book out, and it's not another romantic suspense. Cuz I really enjoyed this book. A very cleverly plotted mystery that keeps you on edge.

Cole Leighton, on vacation visiting his cousin in Atlanta, boards a bus one day, and opens the mystery novel he is reading. Minutes later, he watches as the events of the book seem to be un
Michelle
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading the reviews, I'm thinking there is something wrong with the link? The book I read is a Love Inspired Christian romance book, but it seems the reviews are from a totally different book...

Anyway, this was a good book that hooked me from page one. Cole Leighton, an engineer, is on vacation after experiencing a tragedy in his life. He's reading what he thinks would be a great thriller, but turns not so exciting when the events start actually happening. When he finds the missing girl, t
Paula Hrbacek
Jan 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cole is waiting for a bus, reading a suspense novel. He notices a woman who looks so much like the cover model that he does a double-take. Then, on the bus, a crew holds them up and takes her hostage. The scene is just like the one he read in the book.
It turns out that MacKenzie is the model from the book's cover, and someone is trying to reinact the entire novel on her. But the story doesn't clearly say if the heroine lives or not. Will She?
This is the best book Love Inspired Suspense has pub
Joshualyn Prater
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good book, had lots of twists and turns. The ending wasn't as predictable as most books. kept you guessing and wondering what was going to happen next. Quick and easy read. I enjoyed it a lot :-)
Theresa
Nov 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Kenzie Jacobs is the victim of a stalker and Cole Leighton an innocent by stander trying to save her, or is he. A great romantic suspense that'll keep you guessing. Love the ending. This book would make a good movie of the week.
Sharon
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by this author and I quite like her style. The suspense hooked me from the beginning and keep me intrigued to the end. I didn't feel like I was reading just another dropped-out-of-the-mould story that is typical for this line of mass produced novels.
John Hanscom
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Berta told me about these "love inspired suspense" books. I was dubious, as I a not a fan of "romance" novels, and most "Christian" novels are two heavy-handed, but they are OK, and this is the best of the lot so far.
Carla
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best Love Inspired Suspense books I've read in a while. I love how the plot of this book was based off of someone copying the plot line of a thriller. I was indeed on the edge of my seat from the beginning.
Cherry-Ann
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
These books need to be clearly labelled that they are Christian books. While I am Christian I do not like reading the romances because they're usually boring and even more unbelievable than the contemporary romances I normally read. Stilted writing, twilight zone theme, unbelieve characters.
Ruth
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very different.
Sara
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the uniqueness of the story and how it unfolds one page at a time
Aislynn
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was too romancy for my taste.
Angela Johnsonkiele
Aleisha Stephens
Dec 01, 2012
Janell
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although a little unbelievable at times, this was pretty intense and kept me guessing.
Laura Roth