Start by marking “Fidgety Fish” as Want to Read:

Fidgety Fish

Tiddler is a very fidgety fish. So much so, that when his mother has had
enough, she sends him out into the sea to swim, Watch out for the Big
Fish she warns. Tiddler flips and glides faster than a rocket. He comes
across several sea creatures before his curiosity gets the better of him
and he enters a big, dark cave When Tiddler hears a loud snap, and
everything suddenly go
Published March 30th 2003 by Tiger Tales (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Fidgety Fish, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Julie
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Tiddler the fish learns a lesson. The book has great vocabulary words...wriggled, squiggled, glided....and more. Good for kids 3 years old and up.
Peggy
Jul 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Adorable, brightly colored illustrations with a so-so story. The premise is promising - a mommy fish sends the child fish out to swim off some energy and he manages to get into trouble.... but the execution just isn't that good. Still it's ok... just not great.
Melanie
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like this book but more importantly my 3 year old loves it. Out of the 6 books from the library, this one is picked first each time we sit down to read. The story is cute and silly. It's a great read aloud.
Eliza
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book to my girl (3.5 years) and she loved it! She loved all the colorful pages and things in them, she laughed a lot and wanted to re read it many times more!

Fidgeting, wriggled, squiggled and giggled - loved these words- good vocabulary for young children
Tori
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
A fidgety fish drives his mother crazy with his fidgeting. When she sends him out to settle down, he quickly gets into trouble!
A good selection for fish-themed storytimes.
Paula
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rhyme, pre-school, animals
The rhyme is sometimes difficult to hear in the flow of the words but the illustrations are colorful and fun in this story about a fish who cannot sit stil
Michelle
Nov 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Great for preschool because the pictures are big and bold and the story line is easy to follow.
Bethany Corkran
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dr-smith-s-class
This fiction picture book tells the story of Tiddler the fidgety fish. He is a child fish that cannot be still, so his mom sends him outside. She tells him to watch out for the big fish. Tiddler goes out and has a grand time until he is swallowed by a big fish! He is burped back out thankfully, and after that, he went home and went straight to bed because he was finally tired. I enjoyed this book because I love under the sea themed illustrations, fish are fascinating with all of their colors so ...more
Olivia Pollari
This story is about a fish that just doesn't stop moving. His mom has had enough and sent him out of the house to get all the energy out. He adventures and finds himself in a dark cave, shivers, shakes then BURRRP, he flew out all the way back home.
This story wasn't my favorite but it shows very extrovert students to chill and take a breather or they'll find themselves in some trouble like the fish found himself in another big fishes belly. 3 stars, I liked the colorful pictures but not so much
Naomi Rivera
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ecce2115
Good for teaching children about the different fish and creatures that live in the ocean.
Trish
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, je
This book is about a little fish who can't sit still.
Bright, colorful illustrations and big pages make this a great read aloud book to a group. The story is only so-so, but the vocabulary is great and kids will enjoy it.
Kest Schwartzman
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If, hypothetically, you spend time with a small person who happens to really like whales, you'll find this book worthwhile as a bribe to get said small person to sit down.
Charlotte Smith
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was okay book
Haylieboyer
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals
This book is a great one for teachers. In a classroom, no two students are the same. One of your students make relate to this story about being fidgety!
Nghenghe123
Iam think very well
Asm
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vanessa Easley
I didn't think it was a horrible book but I didn't think it made much sense really and I thought maybe it would talk more about being fidgety but instead the dish is eaten eventually for having so much energy and I don't feel it's the best message ever really but I found it enjoyable too. It's cute but doesn't seem to make much sense of have a good story.
Hockey Mama
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kiddos loved this for a bedtime story.
A book of short poems of different sea life creatures.
We acted out some of the "fidgety" fish poems.

Silly Shark
Shy Octopus
Super Sea Horses
and more...

The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fish, ocean
Tiddler the little fish just can't stop fidgeting. His mom sends him "outside" to work out his energy and he accidentally gets eaten by the big fish. But he fidgets his way out of the big fish's stomach. When he returns home, he at last is out of energy.

Really cute illustrations.
Umbreen Asghar
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of Zaara's favourite reads in the playgroup. She enjoys when Tiddler swims into the big fish. A colourful underwater read!
Jenny
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Both my kids really like this one and my oldest has memorized it.
Lyla
Sent out for a swim in the deep sea, Tiddler, a young fish who just can't keep still, sees many interesting creatures and one very dark cave.
Alyssa
Aug 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and choice words make this a must-read for toddlers!
Leah
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is a cute story.
Cute book. There are "perks" to being fidgety after all :)
Lisa
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Super cute!
Avaj
Nov 27, 2013 added it
Fish troubles abound! Tiddler a fish who's fidgetiness gets him in trouble and just may be his saving grace, all in the same day, a great book for young ones full of energy.
Peacegal
May 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
There isn't much of a story here, and what plot there is, is a direct rip-off of the ancient cartoon Small Fry. Although, I seriously doubt the targeted age group will realize this.
Flora
  • Pigs Love Potatoes
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • Never, Ever Shout in a Zoo
  • Nobunny's Perfect
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea
  • Froggy Goes to Hawaii
  • The Eensy Weensy Spider Freaks Out! (Big Time!)
  • Stretch
  • Hooray For Fish!
  • Ten Little Fish
  • Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef
  • Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books)
  • Too Many Pears!
  • Before You Were Mine
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • Say What?