Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Avenger (Time Raiders #3)” as Want to Read:
The Avenger (Time Raiders #3)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Avenger (Time Raiders #3)

by
3.84  ·  Rating details ·  635 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
For Alexandra Patton, the Time Raiders project sends the reluctant psychic back to 60 AD Briton - a world where she can barely understand the accents, let alone its culture of brutality and superstition. Armed only with her "freakish" ability to talk to the dead, Alex must use all her gifts to entice Caradoc, a savagely sexy Druid warrior, into helping her succeed in her m ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #73, 288 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published September 22nd 2009)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Avenger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Avenger

Community Reviews

(showing 1-10)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Corinna
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
German Rezension

Inhalt :

Wie weit gehst du zurück, um mit deiner große Liebe vereint zu sein? P.C. Casts großer Roman über die schicksalhafte Reise einer Zeitgängerin in die Zeit der keltischen Krieger … "Komm zu mir …" Mit pochendem Herzen erwacht Alexandra aus einem Traum. Der tiefe Wald, in dem sie sich befand, der Mann, der sie gerufen hat – das war erschreckend real! Ihr ist, als müsse sie seinem Ruf folgen. Und dann hat sie dieses schlangenhafte S gesehen, wie ein magisches Zeichen einer ve
...more
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
3 out of 5 stars. I finished that book yesterday ... it was good. I did like it but it was not my fave book by P. C. Cast, I was kind of disappointed in how it didn't really break at all from what she normally writes. Which can be a good and bad thing. =0/

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/04/www-wednesdays-april-7-2010.html
Solara300

Cover
Das Cover ist toll gestaltet mit dem Gold und Gelbton und macht Neugierig was die Frau auf dem Cover erwarten wird. Aber auch das Schwert mit dem Namen der Autorin finde ich gut in Szene gesetzt. Für mich ein Eyecatcher.



Charaktere
Alexandra Patton ist übersinnlich begabt und kann seit frühester Kindheit Geister sehen und mit ihnen kommunizieren.
Sie liebt es abgeschieden und arbeitet als leitende Botanikerin, Touristenführerin und Dozentin in dem Nationalpark in Oklahoma.

Caradoc ist ein kelti
...more
Annett
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mit “House of Night” wurde ich zum Fan von P.C. Cast, endgültig besiegelt wurde es jedoch durch die “Tales of Partolon” – Reihe (könnte ich eigentlich mal wieder lesen). Als ich nun hörte, dass die Autorin ein neues Buch veröffentlicht, stand für mich direkt fest, dass ich es lesen musste. Interessanterweise war mir zunächst egal, worum es ging, sie hat mich in der Vergangenheit immer überzeugt. Dadurch stand die Frage ob oder ob nicht hier für mich gar nicht im Raum ^^

Wie schon gesagt, ich hatt
...more
Brina
Jun 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
P.C. Cast konnte mich früher häufig mit ihren Geschichten unterhalten und in den Bann ziehen. Da ich zuletzt ein Buch von ihr abgebrochen habe, wollte ich mir zunächst eine Auszeit der Autorin gönnen, habe mich dann aber umentschieden und wollte ihr mit "Die Zeitengängerin" noch eine Chance geben, doch auch hier wurde ich leider sehr enttäuscht.

Der Schreibstil ist nett, allerdings sehe ich keinerlei Entwicklung mehr bei ihr. Die Figuren laufen alle nach dem gleichen Schema ab: Starke Protagonist
...more
Kah Cherub
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
read complete review here: http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2...

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. Everybody is always going on about how you can't judge a book by its cover and all that, but, really. We totally do that. And I couldn't help but do it with this one. Good reviews not withstanding.

This is actually the third volume of a series, but I skipped the first two and it didn't get in my way at all.

I have to admit that the first few pages did drag a bit... yup, s
...more
Jean
Jul 15, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought The Avenger was a refreshing change from P.C. Cast’s normal niche of writing, but I also thought her writing somewhat improved when she wrote adult characters.

The Celts were well developed and well described as Celts, though sometimes you could mistake them for being modern, but hey, it’s hard to write like you are from 60 AD, when you obviously have never spoken to them before.

I thought the plot was well thought out, there was a point to the story and it was also interesting enough to
...more
may
Jul 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Cast's House of Night series but Historical Romance isn't normally my cup of tea. However, once I'd read a couple of chapters I was glued to it. To me the idea of a 21st century woman who can see the dead travelling back to the time of Boudicca to recover missing pieces of a medallion seemed a tad convoluted and a bit strange but it really did work. Cast made it work.

There are a two main characters in this book. Firstly Alex who the story revolves around as she travels back to
...more
Sophie
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Avenger is a tale of ghosts, time travel, war, revenge and romance all in one novel.

My expectations for this book weren’t very high. I don’t like PC Cast’s House of Night series; I can’t bring myself to read any further and I’ve only gotten to book three! So I was surprised at how much I enjoyed The Avenger. I can honestly say that I’ll definitely be reading more adult paranormal romance in the future.

I loved the historical setting of this novel. The Roman empire’s reign is an era of histo
...more
Sammee (I Want to Read That)
3.5 Stars

This was good fun. I thought the book didn’t take itself too seriously and was better for it. I loved the time travel aspect of the story and enjoyed the 60 AD setting. I was fascinated by the history of that period and would definitely be interested in reading more about Boudica. It was much more spiritual than I expected it to be but in a pleasantly surprising way. I enjoyed all the magical aspects and the drawing of power from the land – but some may find too much detail is included
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • The Seeker (Time Raiders #1)
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Dark Crusade (Unbound #4)
  • Wild Wolf (The Pack #9)
  • The Night Serpent
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • The Healer's Passion (Time Raiders #7)
  • Captive of the Beast
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Valorian Chronicles #5)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • Blood Son
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Black Magic Lover
17015
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Other Books in the Series

Time Raiders (8 books)
  • The Seeker (Time Raiders #1)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • The Whisper (Time Raiders #5)
  • The Warrior (Time Raiders #6)
  • The Healer's Passion (Time Raiders #7)
  • The Greek Lover (Time Raiders #8)