Start by marking “Monkey See, Monkey Do” as Want to Read:
Monkey See, Monkey Do

Monkey See, Monkey Do

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
High-interest stories make reading fun! Stories have been tested for vocabulary and sentence length to help you make the right choice! A letter from an education specialist gives you valuable advice on how to read to your child and how to listen to your child read to you!
Published February 1st 1993 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Monkey See, Monkey Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkey See, Monkey Do

Sharon
Today was the first night this year that my son read to me a book that he had not already memorized the story. There were a couple words that that he had difficulty pronouncing but it is perfect for new readers. He smiled and was so proud of himself because it was an "easy" book. He laughed at all the things the monkeys did and enjoyed the story. "I loved this book mommy, I was able to read it!"
Tristian Paulson
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Monkey See Monkey Do
By Marc Gave
Illustrated by Jacqueline Rogers
Children's Book
Read to Olivia(4years old) by Tristian
This is a cute little number about a curious bunch of monkeys. The reader or person(s) being read to go on an adventure seeing what the monkeys do in a day. The monkeys are mischievious and the illustrations really bring that to life for the younger audience. Olivia was wildly excited over the monkey fun! She jumped around like a monkey insisting we read the book again. It was a h
Kailey Pitts
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a picture book about a monkey and a girl imitating each other. This is a very good memorization book for children, and a great learning book for preschool and early elementary ages. This is a fun book and I remember it being one of my favorites when I was young. I really enjoyed the pictures of the monkey and the girl becoming friends and doing exactly what the other is.
Jordan Turner
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is FILLED with monkeys. Simple sentences for beginning readers. Sentences are filled with rhymes and opposites.
Danette
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
5/22/17 Read with Naomi & Julia.
Kaitlyn Halbrook
Mar 12, 2017 added it
Shelves: other
This is also a good book for beginning readers. It rhymes and has fun pictures.
Sarah Sammis
If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know how important books and reading are to me and my family. So it is with brimming motherly pride that I'm blogging about Monkey See, Monkey Do. It is the very first book that Sean has read to Ian and me without our help!

Monkey See, Monkey Do is written for early readers with lots of repetition with a slow progression towards more difficult sound combinations. The story follows a typical American family as they are visited by an enthusiastic family
Nicole Doerr
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
The is such a fun and wonderful book. Monkey See, Monkey Do is a picture book. It is geared toward young children such a toddlers and preschoolers. It contains short ryhmying phrases. The book explains things that mokeys do using oppisite, such as " Monkeys stay, monkeys go" My son loves this book and it was one the the first books he memorized every word. He would read it to me just by looking at the pictures. The pictures are very detailed and colorful.
jacky
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lib-mcmahon
Natalie brought this home from the class library. I wasn't that impressed. All the monkeys are supposed to be funny, but I didn't think so. She never asked to hear it again, either.
Robert
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-4, monkey
A nice simple book that my kindergartner did well to read to me this evening. I enjoyed the images too. Fun stuff.
Chris
Dec 05, 2013
Lidija
Dec 10, 2016
Sharlet Mullen
I love this book as a first reader. Children will pick up the pattern quickly.
Lisa Anderson