Start by marking “Chasing Daisy” as Want to Read:
Chasing Daisy

Chasing Daisy

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  6,855 Ratings  ·  341 Reviews
Published August 25th 2009 by Simon & Schuster (first published August 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Daisy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Daisy

Nina
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves F1 and a good romance book
Shelves: read-in-2017
“Life can be snatched away from you in an instant, but if you dont give yourself up to love, even with all the risks of losing it, life isnt worth living.”

One fact about me that often surprises people is that I am a big Formula 1 fan. The sport just really fascinates me and race weekends are my favorite weekends of the year. Also, I really hope I’ll one day be able to attend one of the races instead of only being able to watch from in front of my TV.

That’s why I was stoked when someone told me
Heliga
Aug 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
I don't give one-star ratings lightly, but this one certainly fits in with the other books I've given it to.

Since this book has a high average rating I realize that my dislikes about this book are very subjective and that obviously not everyone would agree. Nevertheless, here are my reasons for not enjoying Chasing Daisy:

1. The writing. First person present tense voice. I realize that this is par for the course in Young Adult books, and in some of those cases it works reasonably well (i.e. The H
Sara
Jey
Feb 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
When I started with this book, I genuinely expected to like it. And now, not even half way through, I'm mad, because quite honestly, it is NOT a good work of fiction.

First, the writing: it's juvenile, immature, and doesn't live up to it's promise. There's no real diversity in the 'team' , despite it being 'multinational'. Or whatever crap is spouted.

Secondly: The plot. Now, I could be wrong in saying that the attraction insta-love with Daisy and Will was over the top. Of course, I don't have en
Dawn
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This was the my first book by this author and a long time since I've read any click lit. I enjoyed it but it could have been so much better.

I liked the author's chatty style and the concept with F1 as the backdrop. I really liked the prologue and the first few chapters featuring Daisy and Luis; I was ready for a fun, feisty rollercoaster til they got their HEA but then the bulk of the book went on to be about Daisy's relationship with Luis' team mate, Will. As a couple Will and Daisy did not hav
Danielle
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Paige toon never disappoints with any of her books and Chasing Daisy was no exception. i loved the book and couldn't put it down. I didn't like Daisy's father he was a horrible man.

I loved how Daisy and her mum would speak to each other in Italian and he couldn't understand them. I thought he was a very pushy man and forced Daisy into things that she didn't want to do.

I really was shocked what happened to Will, i didn't expect that and really thought he and Daisy would end up together. But Whe
Lucy
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
See more of my reviews at The Secret Life of Books http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

Do not be fooled by the cover of this book. it may seem like your typical glittery chicklit novel, but it is so much more than that. I was truely moved by this book. It is an easy read; I read it in a day because I couldn't put it down. I am having trouble putting how much I loved this book into words. I just want to go all fan girl crazy on this review.

The story follows Daisy Rogers, a hilariously offensive in
Love Fool
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
If you fall too fast, you just might crash...Daisy has been dumped, unceremoniously jilted. Not by any ordinary guy, no...Daisy has a secret in her past that she won't even tell her best friend, Holly. She's given up on men - and on her own family. But life still has to be lived and where better to recover than as far away from home as possible. Grabbing a chance to see the world, Daisy packs her bags and joins the team catering to the world's highest-paid, supercharged racing drivers on the For ...more
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Daisy is Paige Toon’s third novel and is just as good as Lucy In The Sky and Johnny Be Good. Arguably it’s better but since I’d read all three again and again and again and never get bored I can’t really say that!

The story is of Daisy, whom we have met before in Johnny Be Good, but she was in a different guise. She is a front-of-house girl for an F1 team and gets to travel the world for free. Trouble is she isn’t totally over her famous ex, who broke her heart, and she’s just fallen head
Jen
May 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
The plot was pretty promising, but I haven't made it far enough to see if it actually got anywhere. I think I made it 15 pages in before I just couldn't ignore how annoyed I was getting at the author's writing style. It's really too bad -- underneath the way over-exaggerated "spunk" of the main character and the cliched meet cute, there were definitely some mindlessly enjoyable reading times to be had. I don't know what it is that turned me off so quickly -- maybe it was the unbelievable, immatu ...more
Meily
Syahirah Firzanah
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mary
Crazy Amazing!!

The best Paige Toon's book ever. It's the kind of book that I love everything in every pages and wished it never finished.

The story was set on several different country because Daisy works as a front-of-house girl in hospitality and catering for a Formula 1 team, so she goes all around the world wherever the team would race with 2 gorgeous hot racers who she had a crush for one of them at hate for the other. .

The plot is crazy shocking and even a bit too fast, the ending is pretty
Dayle (the literary llama)
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Okay, let me start by saying that this story was not terrible, despite my 2 star review. I had certain issues though, such as the length (or as i think of it, the run-time) of this book. It was very long, and had the cadence almost resembling a tv show, in that it felt like many episodes over a two season run (honestly, it's a great premise for a prime time drama, someone needs to snatch this up). However translating that into a single novel, it felt long and drawn out. Second issue I had was wi ...more
Rachel
I normally try to pick books with a high average rating so I'm not disappointed after I've finished. Unfortunately that didn't help with Chasing Daisy. I had a couple issues with this story.

1) The length. I have no problem reading long books. I prefer shorter ones but if the story is good then long is okay cause I don't feel like it's dragging. I feel like the author could have cut out a good 1/4 of the novel and it still would have been just as good.

2) The relationship with Will. Page wise she
Becky Johnson
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
Wow I LOVE chick lits so much and now am a huge fan of Paige Toon.

This is my first Paige Toon book and look forward to more by this author.

This book had friendship, family, lessons, dreams, love, loss and some laughs in it.

I never knew a book could pull me in so many directions before yet this one hit me in all the right places.

Highly recommend
Anita
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book... there were some sad moments, but the happy ending is what counts
Michelle
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Always loving Paige Toon

If anyone loved F1 racing your in for a treat.
Jess
Jan 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Sara
Sep 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Suad Shamma
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2015
So I wasn't a fan of this book to tell you the truth. It wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't good. I've read my fair share of chick-lit, and this doesn't even make the top 100 for me. That being said, I enjoyed certain parts of the story and I definitely enjoyed the setting and the Formula 1 scene that was present throughout the book.

Daisy is not bad for a female protagonist, although her immediate obsession with Will (one of the race drivers) was very annoying. The fact that he already has a g
Zoe and the Edge
Nov 20, 2012 rated it liked it
As a romance reader who doesn't want to know anything below the belt, some parts had simply too much information. Just saying.

Daisy has an exciting job traveling the world. There's lot of visiting pubs in exotic locations, hanging out with mechanics, learning to swear in different languages, and getting caught up in the thrill of the race. On a side note, Daisy can speak Italian! Isn't that cool!

It's quite the messy love square. Luis likes Daisy, Daisy's crushing on Will, Will's jealous of Luis
Paige
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned-books
When I read the first few pages, I thought the book was funny and I was really excited to start reading it. Boy, was I disappointed.

First, the plot was very repetitive. They went to another country, had a race, Will and Luis fought more or less, and Daisy faffed around. There were many scenes that weren’t necessary. Sometimes I would wonder if I had opened on the wrong page because I was reading almost the exact same thing a couple of pages ago.

Second, I absolutely hate infidelity. I was wary w
Chloe
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aussie-author
4.5 stars. Really loved this one. I was expecting a light chic-lit read, but it was so much more than that! Unlike the first book by Paige Toon (Lucy in the Sky), this one didn't have much Aussie flavour at all. At first this was disappointing because that's what drew me to this author to begin with. However, I soon forgot about that aspect and was drawn into this fast paced plot that had me smiling to myself one minute and sniffing back tears at the next.

The story is based around F1 racing. I d
Rosiemae Burton
This was a little bit predictable and I found the main characters over the top and annoying at times but I liked the backdrop of F1 and I liked the writing style of the author and this made me feel happy during a stressful week.
Rie_dominique
Daisy Rogers bekerja dibagian hospitality di salah satu team yang mengikuti lomba balap F1. Tugasnya adalah menyediakan makanan dan minuman untuk para anggota team dan sponsor mereka. Disaat menjalankan tugasnya inilah Daisy bertemu dengan Luis Castro. Bukan pertemuan yang menyenangkan karena Luis hampir saja menabrak skuter Daisy. Bukannya meminta maaf Luis menuduh Daisy sebagai pengemudi yang tidak becus dan cabut begitu saja.

Daisy kemudian mengetahui kalau Luis ternyata adalah salah satu dari
Gina
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The first book of Paige Toon's that I read was 'Lucy in the sky' and i fell in love with it and when I was in a bookshop and saw the cover of 'chasing daisy' I knew it was one of Paige's books and I grabbed it, and of course fell in love with it too.

Daisy Rodgers works as a front-of-house girl for an F1 team and gets to do it along side her close friend, Holly. However, Daisy is not completely over her ex, she doesn't even read the papers in fear of her feelings for him rising once again. But n
Valarauco
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cover
Das Cover passt super zu dem Buch. Noch lustiger hätte ich es nur gefunden, wenn statt dem Auto, ein Rolle abgebildet wäre. Mir gefallen diese etwas abstrakten und gezeichneten Cover total gut. Sie sind etwas besonderes und stechen absolut aus der Masse der Gesichter und Körper hervor. Außerdem passen sie auch irgendwie gut zu diesen Büchern.

Meine Meinung
Als ich dieses Buch zum ersten Mal gelesen habe, war ich mir nicht so sicher, was ich davon halten sollte. Es gab ein paar Punkte die mir
V Family Fun
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’m on a mission to read all of Paige Toon’s books because the ones I have already read I’ve really enjoyed, this was the next on my list and I wasn’t surprised to find that it was just as great as the others. I was totally addicted to this story, I just couldn’t put it down and ended up reading it in one day (I seem to be doing that a lot lately, there are so many brilliant books around).

I loved Daisy straight away, she was feisty and funny which meant that I was always wondering what was going
Estelle Ser Ning
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
The book was alright. That's all i can say. I don't hate it neither do i love it to bits and pieces.

The plot was interesting because till yet i have not read much about chicklit that involved racing. The idea is great but i think it has lost some of the initial novelty as the story developed along the way. I admit, i was bored by the character half way through. I found myself not caring for the characters as much as i would like to.

However, the author does have a sense of humour that made me cr
  • Girl On The Run
  • (Un)like a Virgin
  • Out of the Blue
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • The Dating Detox
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • One Minute to Midnight
  • The Single Girl's To-Do List
  • Unsticky
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.
More about Paige Toon...

“It's strange how the people you care about least, sometimes know you the best. You let your guard down with them because you don't mind that they see you, warts and all.” 70 likes
“Screwdrivers, women who screw drivers.” 67 likes