Start by marking “Chasing Daisy” as Want to Read:
Chasing Daisy

Chasing Daisy

Published August 25th 2009 by Simon & Schuster (first published August 10th 2009)

Start your review of Chasing Daisy
A.
Re-read 9/10/2017

3.5 Stars

I lost my full review with gifs twice this morning when I timed out from the server.

I don't have time or patience or inspiration to write a new one. So this will be super short:

This time around the heroine was a bit annoying but the story itself was equally gripping and heartbreaking. My tastes in books have changed over the years but my love for F1 has not waned.

QUICK REVIEW:

Heroine: 3/5
Secondary characte
Heliga
Aug 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
I don't give one-star ratings lightly, but this one certainly fits in with the other books I've given it to.

Since this book has a high average rating I realize that my dislikes about this book are very subjective and that obviously not everyone would agree. Nevertheless, here are my reasons for not enjoying Chasing Daisy:

1. The writing. First person present tense voice. I realize that this is par for the course in Young Adult books, and in some of those cases it works reasonably well (i.e. The H
Nina
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves F1 and a good romance book
Shelves: read-in-2017
“Life can be snatched away from you in an instant, but if you don´t give yourself up to love, even with all the risks of losing it, life isn´t worth living.”

One fact about me that often surprises people is that I am a big Formula 1 fan. The sport just really fascinates me and race weekends are my favorite weekends of the year. Also, I really hope I’ll one day be able to attend one of the races instead of only being able to watch from in front of my TV.

That’s why I was stoked when someone told
Sara
Jey
Feb 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
When I started with this book, I genuinely expected to like it. And now, not even half way through, I'm mad, because quite honestly, it is NOT a good work of fiction.

First, the writing: it's juvenile, immature, and doesn't live up to it's promise. There's no real diversity in the 'team' , despite it being 'multinational'. Or whatever crap is spouted.

Secondly: The plot. Now, I could be wrong in saying that the attraction insta-love with Daisy and Will was over the top. Of course, I don't have en
Sammi
Apr 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
WHY didn't I read the reviews first 😭 Probably the worst romance I've ever read. Full review to come.

I am SO goddamn annoyed!!

I just finished reading another F1 romance which I also didn't enjoy because the Hero was a manwhore and there were too many F1 fact errors (might not annoy most people but they annoyed me because I am a big fan), so I was HOPING this one would help me forget that one. Sadly not.

Please do not read anymore if you don't want spoilers.

(view spoiler)
Dawn
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This was the my first book by this author and a long time since I've read any click lit. I enjoyed it but it could have been so much better.

I liked the author's chatty style and the concept with F1 as the backdrop. I really liked the prologue and the first few chapters featuring Daisy and Luis; I was ready for a fun, feisty rollercoaster til they got their HEA but then the bulk of the book went on to be about Daisy's relationship with Luis' team mate, Will. As a couple Will and Daisy did not hav
Love Fool
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
If you fall too fast, you just might crash...Daisy has been dumped, unceremoniously jilted. Not by any ordinary guy, no...Daisy has a secret in her past that she won't even tell her best friend, Holly. She's given up on men - and on her own family. But life still has to be lived and where better to recover than as far away from home as possible. Grabbing a chance to see the world, Daisy packs her bags and joins the team catering to the world's highest-paid, supercharged racing drivers on the For ...more
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Daisy is Paige Toon’s third novel and is just as good as Lucy In The Sky and Johnny Be Good. Arguably it’s better but since I’d read all three again and again and again and never get bored I can’t really say that!

The story is of Daisy, whom we have met before in Johnny Be Good, but she was in a different guise. She is a front-of-house girl for an F1 team and gets to travel the world for free. Trouble is she isn’t totally over her famous ex, who broke her heart, and she’s just fallen head
Jen
May 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
The plot was pretty promising, but I haven't made it far enough to see if it actually got anywhere. I think I made it 15 pages in before I just couldn't ignore how annoyed I was getting at the author's writing style. It's really too bad -- underneath the way over-exaggerated "spunk" of the main character and the cliched meet cute, there were definitely some mindlessly enjoyable reading times to be had. I don't know what it is that turned me off so quickly -- maybe it was the unbelievable, immatu ...more
Danielle
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Paige toon never disappoints with any of her books and Chasing Daisy was no exception. i loved the book and couldn't put it down. I didn't like Daisy's father he was a horrible man.

I loved how Daisy and her mum would speak to each other in Italian and he couldn't understand them. I thought he was a very pushy man and forced Daisy into things that she didn't want to do.

I really was shocked what happened to Will, i didn't expect that and really thought he and Daisy would end up together. But Whe
Paula
I've never read anything from this Author and never will, however, reviewers state that she mostly writes cheaters. Reviews state that this is a triangle "romance". Heroine was cheated on by her former Bf and she turns around and pursues (she is the aggressor) of Hero who is in a 10 yr committed relationship. Of course he cheats on his Gf too. And then there is the 3rd guy. Whatever.
Read Sammi's fantastic review...... Thank you for saving us hon!

Hannah
Sara
Sep 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Dayle (the literary llama)
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Okay, let me start by saying that this story was not terrible, despite my 2 star review. I had certain issues though, such as the length (or as i think of it, the run-time) of this book. It was very long, and had the cadence almost resembling a tv show, in that it felt like many episodes over a two season run (honestly, it's a great premise for a prime time drama, someone needs to snatch this up). However translating that into a single novel, it felt long and drawn out. Second issue I had was wi ...more
Tarmia
This is the 4th book I’ve read by Paige Toon and my least favourite. Unlike Toon’s other protagonists, Daisy, the main character, was often unlikable and her indecisiveness and over emotive traits irritated and annoyed me to no end. It WAS enjoyable; there was romance and scandal, cars and drama. But for me, I was too over-dramatised and under-developed. Characters felt half finished and certain story lines were let unresolved or were simply unnecessary from the get go. I’ll probably pick up mor ...more
Paige
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned-books
When I read the first few pages, I thought the book was funny and I was really excited to start reading it. Boy, was I disappointed.

First, the plot was very repetitive. They went to another country, had a race, Will and Luis fought more or less, and Daisy faffed around. There were many scenes that weren’t necessary. Sometimes I would wonder if I had opened on the wrong page because I was reading almost the exact same thing a couple of pages ago.

Second, I absolutely hate infidelity. I was wary w
Rachel
I normally try to pick books with a high average rating so I'm not disappointed after I've finished. Unfortunately that didn't help with Chasing Daisy. I had a couple issues with this story.

1) The length. I have no problem reading long books. I prefer shorter ones but if the story is good then long is okay cause I don't feel like it's dragging. I feel like the author could have cut out a good 1/4 of the novel and it still would have been just as good.

2) The relationship with Will. Page wise she
Jess
Jan 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Becky Johnson
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
Wow I LOVE chick lits so much and now am a huge fan of Paige Toon.

This is my first Paige Toon book and look forward to more by this author.

This book had friendship, family, lessons, dreams, love, loss and some laughs in it.

I never knew a book could pull me in so many directions before yet this one hit me in all the right places.

Highly recommend
Meily
Rosiemae Burton
This was a little bit predictable and I found the main characters over the top and annoying at times but I liked the backdrop of F1 and I liked the writing style of the author and this made me feel happy during a stressful week.
Syahirah Firzanah
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mary
Crazy Amazing!!

The best Paige Toon's book ever. It's the kind of book that I love everything in every pages and wished it never finished.

The story was set on several different country because Daisy works as a front-of-house girl in hospitality and catering for a Formula 1 team, so she goes all around the world wherever the team would race with 2 gorgeous hot racers who she had a crush for one of them at hate for the other. .

The plot is crazy shocking and even a bit too fast, the ending is pretty
Michelle
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Always loving Paige Toon

If anyone loved F1 racing your in for a treat.
Anita
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book... there were some sad moments, but the happy ending is what counts
Emily N.
Jul 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I shouldn't have read this in one sitting because now I have to write this review before I forget my main points. Unfortunately, I barely have any coherent feelings towards this as it is.

Understandably, it can be difficult to enjoy a book when the main character (and a lot of the others) make some very morally incorrect actions. For most of this I had no idea what the real plot was and where it was heading. I just knew a lot of conscious mistakes were being made, indecisiveness was a prominent t
Somia
Apr 12, 2019 marked it as never-reading-andor-finishing
😱😱😱 What is this - (view spoiler) = A painful reading experience for me, it doesn't equate to a enjoyable romance that I can sink in to.

See: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Suad Shamma
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2015
So I wasn't a fan of this book to tell you the truth. It wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't good. I've read my fair share of chick-lit, and this doesn't even make the top 100 for me. That being said, I enjoyed certain parts of the story and I definitely enjoyed the setting and the Formula 1 scene that was present throughout the book.

Daisy is not bad for a female protagonist, although her immediate obsession with Will (one of the race drivers) was very annoying. The fact that he already has a g
Brenda
Sep 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Oh my god…
Ok, I don’t usually regret reading a book but DAAMN this was my worst mistake! I finished with several headaches and eye pain (I SWEAR TO GOD)

At the beginning, I didn't understand her, then I couldn't stand her, but later I HATED her!
The writing meh, the characters awful, the story stupid. It was a torture. This made me think I should start DNF books…
I had to stop reading it (for a month) because she was TOO annoying!!

Well, I didn’t see my brain but I SWEAR my eyes hurt!! Every senten

• In Case You Missed It
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • The Love of Her Life
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • Playing James
  • You're the One That I Want
  • A Girl Like You
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • We Just Clicked
  • The Single Girl's To-Do List
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, #8)
  • What a Girl Wants (A Girl, #2)
  • Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart, #7)
Paige Toon grew up between England, Australia and America and has been writing books set in sun-drenched locations around the world since 2007. She has written fourteen novels, a three-part spin-off for young adults and a collection of short stories. Her books have sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. She loves hearing from her readers so get in touch via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @PaigeT ...more