Start by marking “Reckless!: How Debt, Deregulation, and Dark Money Nearly Bankrupted America (And How We Can Fix It!)” as Want to Read:

As one of only eight senators to vote against bank deregulation, Byron Dorgan warned America that a free-market system left unchecked is like a driving a car at ninety miles per hour without brakes. With the recent financial collapse having proven him right, Dorgan exposes this modern-day carnival of greed and calls out the corporate executives who reap millions and even b ...more
Published May 26th 2009 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Reckless!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless!

Will Byrnes
Senator Dorgan offers us a limited survey course on public policy, looking at war profiteering, the financial crisis, the need for health coverage reform, wildly irresponsible fiscal policies, the wall-street debacle, increasing concentration of wealth at the top, energy, immigration, tax policy. As a survey it is certainly a useful volume. But only if the reader has just returned from a trip to, say, Mars. There is very little that is new or news here, and getting even to what is book-worthy re ...more
Surfing Moose
Sep 06, 2009 rated it liked it
I was waiting for James Cagney to step out of this book at any moment singing and dancing to "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy". Guess I shouldn't have thought I'd get more info from a politician, as Dorgan just couldn't stop being a politician and not talk about his platform. I guess a politician can't stop being a politician, as a snake can't change its skin. Oh, wait a second...

Though that all being said, it was nice to get a basic overview of what lead the States (and the rest of the world to a deg
Yvonne
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was not just a rant about how the financial crisis happened but a book offering real solutions so that this type of event can be avoided. That is what i liked most, anybody can write a book that complains about what got us there it is another who can offer up solutions to assure that the same mistakes can be avoided.

Andd Becker
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Senator Dorgan of North Dakota writes about tax cuts for wealthy Americans; Cayman Islands tax avoidance; health insurance; health care concerns. He gives suggestions for improving the political scene.
John Burkowski
Feb 03, 2015
Luiz Rens
Apr 08, 2012
Zseera
rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2015
Ira Tate
Feb 21, 2017
John
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
My old boss can be very persuasive in finding fault with Wall Street.
Jim