Start by marking “David Gets In Trouble (david Se Mete En Lios): David Se Mete En Lios (Coleccion Rascacielos)” as Want to Read:

David Gets In Trouble (david Se Mete En Lios): David Se Mete En Lios (David)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  15,234 Ratings  ·  409 Reviews
Siempre que ocurre algún accidente, David tiene alguna excusa. Nunca es su culpa! Nunca fue su intención hacerlo! Muy pronto, sin embargo, David se da cuenta de que inventar excusas lo hace sentir mal y que es mejor pedir perdón. David Shannon vuelve a entretenernos con las travesuras del pequeño David en una historia que hará reír a grandes y chicos.
Published February 1st 2004 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about David Gets In Trouble (david Se Mete En Lios), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about David Gets In Trouble (david Se Mete En Lios)

Mandy
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David seems to be quite the troublemaker! He's always getting into mischief and getting caught. He's pretty silly. My daughter loves these books!
midnightfaerie
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is our second David book and we've read enough to know we all love these. My 2 yr old twins and 5 yr old could both get into this book, even though it was very simple reading. A youngster who seems to always get in trouble, there isn't any instance in David's life that at least one of my three children couldn't relate to, with either themselves or each other. They find him fascinating. The illustrations are bright and imaginative and so also keep their attention. This is a win-win all aroun ...more
Kira Simion
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a David when I was younger. And occasionally I still am
Eva Leger
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julias-books
My only problem here - and it's a big one for me - was the lack of text. I like my books with/for Julia to have some story to them and this is lacking to say the least.
The illustrations are Shannon all the way, along with the meat of the story but the surrounding parts - well, there just are none.
It's not even really a "story" but a few sentences put to pictures.
I'm sure there are people that prefer this kind, I don't and Julia doesn't either.
I suppose this would probably make a cool book fo
Slayermel
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with young children and Preschool Teachers
I really love the illustrations in the "David" books. They are bright, funny and really suit the story.
This story is about all the excuses David uses when he gets in trouble!
I enjoy this book because every class has a version of David in it, and the children seem to love it as they are always giggling at the pictures as I'm reading it. :0)
Gianni Llano
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it's great how the author used such a creative font and illustrations that will make the children connect instantly.
Rachel Rouleau
Minus one star for David's creepy Jack-o-lantern teeth.
Paige Scott
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-summaries
1) This book is short, sweet, and to the point. The whole David series of books is about a boy who cannot stay out of trouble, like most boys David's age. Therefore the David series is very relatable. This particular David book is about what David says when he gets in trouble from "I'm sorry", to "I didn't mean to", to "I love you mom".
2) Age Level: 4-8 years old, Grade Level: Preschool-3rd grade
3) Appropriate classroom use of this book would be to show students what is right and wrong in the c
Michele Stephenson
This book sooo reminds me of what took place in my own household. When my husband and I had our third child, we moved my 4 year old daughter into my 8 year old sons bedroom. Boy oh boy was that tragic!! It seemed like everyday they were at each others throat.

The main character in this book is Alex, who has a new baby sister and now has to share a room with his younger brother. Alex starts to write humorous letters to his mom and dad about how he needs his own room.
Finally, dad gives in a helps A
Araceli Aispuro
David is a young boy who just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble. He has a million different excuses for everything he does wrong. Sometimes he just doesn't mean to, we all know that accidents happen all the time, and it's ok to forget things every now and then. But one night David realizes he's been making up too many lies and excuses. Finally David decides to apologize to his mom for all the that he trouble he has caused her.

I have compared this book to other books I have read. This bo
Zoraya Brown
This story is a great opening to talking with children about their own times of getting in trouble and how they reacted. We would discuss alternative actions to their behaviors and good vs. bad behavior.
Jairo Lopez
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its really funny because David gets in trouble all the time for doing bad stuff.And he has to learn how to behave .Also he faces his consequences.
Sylvia
May 22, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-books
Great pictures, great character. Very suitable for children. They will love David. Just as my younger does!
Andrew Perry
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ece-3601, behavior
This book would be good for a discussion about inappropriate behaviors and rules in the classroom.
Rachel
This is a fun book for children to read. It has funny images, quotes, and plot line. Definitely an easy read that was just plain enjoyable for students.
Ricardo Sainz
david gets im truble alot and he gets alot in truble because he dosent want to lisen to what his parents tellem what to do.
Chris Flores
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David se mete en lios que haces David english david se mete en loose recommend this book to
Mary
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David is irresistibly quirky! My 6 yr old grandson LOVES this book!
Alyssa Jimenez
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-lit
February 15, 2017
David Gets in Trouble by David Shannon; Copyright: 2002; Genre: Fiction
The first book I read by David Shannon was his book titled David Gets in Trouble. I really enjoyed this book and it is in simple terms for children to read without any complications. This book basically contains any excuse a child could thing of wen they do something that they are not supposed to. There are not many words on each page and the color and illustrations draw in the reader. The writing in the text
Mikaela Rizik
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This children's contemporary fiction picture book is about a young boy named David who is always in messy situations and no matter what he does that is wrong he always makes an excuse for himself. As he keeps making excuses for himself he realizes that it makes him feel mad and maybe saying sorry will make him feel better.

This conteporary fiction book shows how we all behaved when we were David's age and how all children behave. Children do not want to get in trouble with their parents so they
Courtney
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Entering into the Library, I saw "David Get in Trouble" sitting on one of the shelf props, and I remember getting all giggly inside because I couldn't wait to get in for my children. Now, fast forward to that night when I sat down to read the short-story, I remember opening the book and being disappointed as each turned into another one.

During my childhood, I remember having this book read to me multiple times, and after reading it to my children I realized that those individuals must have embe
Destiny Cowsert
David gets in trouble has the same theme as no, David, one that in my opinion is not for younger children. It tells the story of a young boy who is constantly breaking the rules, swearing, and lying and trying to hide it from his parents. I still see David as a bad example to younger students. It teaches them that it is okay to be dishonest about things he has done that break his parents rules. I also feel that the ways David is punished, such as the soap in his mouth, is misleading to today's s ...more
Gabbi
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very cute. I especially liked the end. This book shows what every child goes through when they do something to get in trouble. When you're a kid sometimes you can't help but do things that get you in trouble. The pictures are especially cute because they look like they're drawn by a child. It makes the story even more relatable to a child. The ending is kind of a heart-smiling moment. Even though David does a lot of things to get in trouble, his mother still loves him and forgives ...more
Darin Johnston
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The first thing you notice about this book are the illustrations. Big, bold colors, thick lines that give the impression that David himself wrote this book. I love that there are few words. This allows children to read into the pictures and for questions to be asked without answers all ready there.

5 stars because while there are few words, each scene packs a punch of both what is there in terms of the writing and drawing. It allows for discussion to happen and that's what literature should be al
Dawn Laws
This is a book in a series about David. In this book he is always getting in trouble. He doesn't take any responsibility for his actions.

I rated this book 5/5 because it is an easy read for young children with a lesson to be learned. He says he is sorry at the end of the book and takes responsibility for his actions.
Katya Lazukina
A good book for younger students as a read aloud. This book is fun and I believe that kids would laugh out loud during read-a-loud. Or a book for new readers because each page has one simple sentence.
Karen Garcia
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: caldecott
very easy to follow along this book would be great to read to k or !st graders. It teaches the importance of behaving but no matter what they will still be loved. The Illustrations is what makes this book great because of the use of water color.
Rani
#Trouble #children #mischief #Classic #YoungReaders #PictureBook #BookReview #ChildrensBooks #amreading Fun=trouble for David. Until he discovers the #magic word!
Goshen PL Childrens
Read at Storytime on July 26th
Theme: Favorite Stories
Marla Jo
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one I have read to my kids when they were little.
  • Parts (Parts, #1)
  • Pirates Don't Change Diapers
  • Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble (Skippyjon Jones, #3)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
  • "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly," said the Sloth
  • I Like Myself!
  • I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
  • Miss Smith's Incredible Storybook
  • Llama Llama Mad at Mama
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Dooby Dooby Moo (A Click, Clack Book)
  • Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr.
  • When Sophie Gets Angry -- Really, Really Angry
  • Beetle Bop
David Shannon is the author and illustrator of many highly praised books for children. Born in Washington, D.C., he grew up in Spokane, Washington. He graduated from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, with a fine arts degree, and then moved to New York City. His editorial illustrations have appeared in The New York Times, Time, and Rolling Stone, and his artwork has appeared ...more
More about David Shannon...

David (8 books)
  • No, David!
  • David Goes To School
  • Oh, David! A Diaper David Book
  • David Smells! A Diaper David Book: A Diaper David Book
  • Oops! (A Diaper David Book)
  • It's Christmas, David!
  • Shhhhh! David's Reading!