Start by marking “Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life” as Want to Read:
Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life

Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life

3.02  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews

Winner of the 2010 International Book Award (humor category) and a 2008 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Finalist.

"The guidance is skewed and the humor is . . . wait for it . . . divine!" -- Armchair Interviews

Deedee Divine is "delightfully wacky and unexpectedly wise," says Celia Rivenbark, author of You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start in the Morning.

Find out why
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life

Dianne
Dec 19, 2011 marked it as to-read
This one is free today 12/19/2011

Amazon review
I was so sold on "Stilettos No More," I ordered nine copies to give as gifts to my friends. Being a middle aged female, I feel like I am part of a special group of women that have learned that we can either choose to laugh or cry ourselves through our adult adventures. Perhaps referring to them as "adult adventures" might bring to mind something a bit more exotic than the subjects covered in these essays, however, they are what they are.
In "Deedee D
Megan
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I grabbed this book in a moment of notalgia for the good time little stories by author Laurie Notaro. Unfortunately this left little to laugh at until the last 17%. Some of the humor seemed spread a little thin and I got the impression that Estill could have used another persons read (and a few edits for random spelling errors) to round out some of the stories that would be otherwise interesting. This is not to say I do not like the author's style and voice, I would definitely read another one o ...more
Allison Taylor
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Needed a book, grabbed this as a free Kindle read. Found it really predictable, but I read the whole thing, rather than passing. Good for an end of day fun comfort read but don't expect to LOL.
O. D. Book Reviews
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Description: This book is a series of essays each about Deedee Divine's life experiences or just general opinions on things. The topics are things most adult women can relate to; family, food, travel, holidays, dieting, health concerns, shopping, IBS, car seats and so on. Reading this book is much like reading a humorous blog with each entry being short, concise and entertaining. Although this book seems clean enough for most ages I think adult women would be the best audience for relating to th ...more
Dailycheapreads
Mar 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Sometimes you just need a book that speaks to you, but not in a profound, life-changing way. Sometimes you need a book that lets you know that your life is similar to those around you and we are facing the same everyday issues; a book that is an affirmation of your normalness, if that’s a word. Deedee Divine’s Totally Skewed Guide to Life is the book you need.
You’ll guffaw, chuckle, giggle and eventually belly laugh so hard you’ll be crying over Diana Estill’s perspective on life.
She can take
Vered
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Talk about laugh out loud! This was brilliant! The book is made of small chapters, each having snippets of commentary about life, illustrated by hilarious scenes.

It’s the kind of book that should have a warning label: go to the bathroom before reading. I mean, I was laughing out loud while standing in a custom’s lineup at an airport. No one laughs while lining up. No one. It might be a criminal offense, and it will definitely get you strange looks from security and other passengers. But there I
Brenda Rezk
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick read. As it is a collection of short, humorous essays, it would be great for someone to enjoy over lunch breaks or while waiting to pick up kids after school.

Most of the essays poked fun at family dynamics, but you don't have to be a parent or spouse to relate to the stories. However, I think the humor would be lost on younger readers; they just wouldn't have enough life experience to relate to the stories from the author's point-of-view.

In other essays, the author poked fu
Cheree
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Some compare her to Erma Bombeck. While amusing, I didn't make that connection. I found her experiences hard to relate to, probably because I come from a younger generation (though I find Erma Bombeck highly entertaining and she is from an even older generation).

Anyways, if you have some time to kill and want a light read about the nuances of life, you might want to give this book a go. It's kind of like watching a sitcom with a laugh track. Sure there are funny moments, but definitely not as fu
Leah
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
This wasn't as funny as I was in the mood for. Lots of potty (literal) humor, which made me snicker and even laugh out loud a couple of times, but otherwise, it's not really a guide, more just anecdotes from her life and many from her time AFTER her children have left the nest. I think I was looking for something from someone closer to my age and with stories that I could more relate to. This is probably more "skewed" to a crowd over 50.
Vianna  Tedder
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really need to stop reading free Kindle books, they are always pretty much a let down. I didn't find much wit or humor in this book, but I did notice it needs an editor. Of course the chapter on beans and farting was funny, but that's because everyone loves a good fart story. *meh* Waste of eye juice.
  • Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store
  • Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons
  • Crossroads Road
  • How to Fail: The Self-Hurt Guide
  • A Walk in the Snark
  • The Parrot Talks In Chocolate (The Life And Times Of A Hawaiian Tiki Bar)
  • The Fall (The Rapha Chronicles, #1)
  • Awakening
  • Duncan Delaney and the Cadillac of Doom
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Got Thrills? A Boxed Set
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • Latitude 38