Start by marking “Wild Fibonacci: Nature's Secret Code Revealed” as Want to Read:
Wild Fibonacci: Nature's Secret Code Revealed

Wild Fibonacci: Nature's Secret Code Revealed

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34. . . Look carefully. Do you see the pattern? Each number above is the sum of the two numbers before it. Though most of us are unfamiliar with it, this numerical series, called the Fibonacci sequence, is part of a code that can be found everywhere in nature. Count the petals on a flower or the peas in a peapod. The numbers are all part of the Fi ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Tricycle Press (first published August 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Fibonacci, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Fibonacci

Emily
Jul 31, 2011 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily by: I found it myself.
Shelves: kids-books
I found this book disappointing. The ways the Fibonacci sequence is found in nature is such an interesting topic. The introduction explains the Fibonacci sequence and some of the places to find it in nature. The rest of the book doesn't mention the sequence at all. It just shows animals that have a body part that follows the sequence, having only mentioned this in the introduction. It doesn't even say what the body parts are anywhere other than in the introduction. The focus is primarily on the ...more
Janet
Ok, I don't exactly understand the application of the Fibonaci number theory as it applies to the curve found in animals. It is easy to understand the basic number theory, but someone will after to show me more detail about the curves. The illustrations are beautiful and anyone could enjoy them for their beauty.
Sally
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 5-year-old totally surprised me and read all the equations in the sidebar of each page. She was more excited by the equations than the animals. I, however, loved the beautifully and realistically illustrated animals.
Daniel Riles
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I was hoping for a better connection between Fibonacci and nature, but there were just numbers of animals and something curved in each picture.
Jim
May 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
beautiful art, didn't understand the book.
Whole And
A book on Fibonacci that actual makes sense!
Beautiful animal illustrations to count along the Fibonacci way and understand the patterns he found in nature.

Excellent book, that you Joy Hulme.
Edward Sullivan
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this book when it first came out and read it again when I was goign through my shelves. A beautifully illustrated introduction to the Fibonacci concept for young readers.
Jenne