Start by marking “The Jeeves Collection: Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves / The Inimitable Jeeves / Carry On, Jeeves” as Want to Read:

The Jeeves Collection: Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves / The Inimitable Jeeves / Carry On, Jeeves (Jeeves #2-3, 13)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  685 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
This volume brings together three rib-tickling books, featuring hapless man-about-town Bertie Wooster, and his manservant Jeeves. Bertie has an unfailing talent for getting into sticky situations, but Jeeves never fails to come to his rescue, be it from the threat of matrimony, relatives or Aunts.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Jeeves Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jeeves Collection

Charlotte
I had rather mixed feelings about this book.
To begin with I was absolutely loving the short stories about Bertie & Jeeves, being a fan of the show with Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie. Really amusing.

Then the stories in the middle, though still amusing, were a little confusing. I was unsure what was going on when the main character was no longer Bertie but now Reggie. I wondered why it was the Jeeves collection, if the stories were not all about Jeeves?

Then the final story, being the longes
Erin Boyington
There is no one quite like Jeeves and his empty-headed but amiable employer, Bertie Wooster. Wooster is a hilariously non-self-aware narrator who is full of fantastic turns of phrase and the master of the apt description, but utterly reliant on Jeeves' superior brainpower to get himself and his assortment of hapless friends out of mildly uncomfortable jams. (This is a series that is wonderful to listen to as an audiobook.)
S Dizzy
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Laugh out loud funny!!! Hysterical!!!! Jeeves is AMAZING and so very proper. He saves the day and still manages to do it with such stylish aplomb. Bertie is...well...he's certainly something. I am so pleased that I own this book because I will definitely read it again and again!!!
Nancy Howe
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic

This is vintage Jeeves and Bertie Wooster. It's a fine introduction to the series. Bertie is inane and Jeeves comes to the rescue. I never get tired of the stories, even if they are all the same.
Andrea Patrick
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read a couple of short Wodehouse stories, but never any Jeeves before this. I'm so glad I picked it up - it made me a fan. For those who only have a vague idea of what it's all about, Jeeves is the "gentleman's gentleman" (pretty much a valet/butler/manservant for Americans) to Bertram Wooster, a not-too-bright bachelor who lives off his Aunt Agatha, if I understand it correctly. Jeeves has a knack for getting Bertie and his friends out of trouble.

I don't know why this collection was orde
Alice
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another in my growing list of books listened to on the commute to and from work, and I may keep going after British comedies, if the track record remains. I found this one quite entertaining, if a bit repetitive and not quite laugh-out-loud funny.

Hearing the Jeeves and Wooster tales as a radio drama is probably far different from reading them, but I liked the deliveries of the actors, for the most part. Sometimes, they spoke a little too quickly, or a little too softly, for me to make ou
Candi
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
I love P.G. Wodehouse books. They don't get any better than this. Hilariously funny, witty, well paced, and with absurd, but believable plots. My husband gets annoyed when I read them because I laugh out loud, all the time, at a book written over 100 years ago.

Also, I felt very smart reading this book, because I caught a reference to an old pirate book Captain Blood that I just barely read. I feel like I now should go around flicking the impeccable Mechlin lace at my cuffs.
Paula
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with a sense of humour
Recommended to Paula by: My Sister, Charlotte
Shelves: favorite-books
Most of my favorite books are serious in nature, a learning experience. This is one delightful exception. This book is one of the few that have ever made me laugh out loud while reading it alone. It is hysterically funny. It is "humour" with a "u", that is, British style. Jeeves is the character who started all of those stereotyped butlers who are smarter than their employers. You would think that, since we are so familiar with this kind of character now, we would know what to expect, but Jeeves ...more
Paul
Sep 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While listening an author interview at the end of a book I liked, the author referred to P.G. Wodehouse as his favorite author. Wow, what a great endorsement, I thought. So shortly thereafter I sought audio books by Wodehouse, particularly the 'Jeeves' collection to which that author referred. My first encounter ("Love Among the Chickens") was a bit of a disappointment, but I decided to try again with this collection of Jeeves stories by Wodehouse. Unfortunately I must admit I was disappointed a ...more
Lynne-marie
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with a sense of humor
We hear of Jeeves in so much other literature of various sorts of of varying decades, it seemed to me a shame not to read some of the original stuff myself. Well, it's as brilliant and as witty as all the reference make it out to be and it's also as funny -- with me guffawing and hoping no windows are open to the Spring air so my neighbors will think I'm potty. When I have the time I'll read more. Jeeves is definitely like salted nuts . . . you want more as soon as possible! Recommended to every ...more
  • Lanterns & Lances
  • Private Enterprise
  • Muses of Roma (Codex Antonius Book 1)
  • Saga: A Novel of Medieval Iceland
  • Mrs. Jeffries Speaks Her Mind (Mrs. Jeffries, #27)
  • The Templar Vault (Peter Sparke #1)
  • A Murderous Game
  • The Brand New Monty Python Papperbok
  • Nina Balatka
  • The Belgae (Marius' Mules, #2)
  • Beyond Casablanca
  • William The Good (Just William, #9)
  • Deliver Us From Darkness: The Untold Story of Third Battalion 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment during Market Garden (General Military)
  • Magical Justice (The Enchanted World Series)
Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, KBE, was a comic writer who enjoyed enormous popular success during a career of more than seventy years and continues to be widely read over 40 years after his death. Despite the political and social upheavals that occurred during his life, much of which was spent in France and the United States, Wodehouse's main canvas remained that of prewar English upper-class so ...more
More about P.G. Wodehouse...

Jeeves (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • My Man Jeeves (Jeeves, #1)
  • The Inimitable Jeeves (Jeeves, #2)
  • Carry on, Jeeves (Jeeves, #3)
  • Very Good, Jeeves! (Jeeves, #4)
  • Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves, #6)
  • The Code of the Woosters (Jeeves, #7)
  • Joy in the Morning (Jeeves, #8)
  • The Mating Season (Jeeves, #9)
  • Ring for Jeeves (Jeeves, #10)
“Gussie opened his vaudeville career” 1 likes