Start by marking “The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness” as Want to Read:
The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  300 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

A renowned intuitive and visionary shows you how to know what you need to know just when you need to know it.

Intuition is not a rare gift that only a gifted few possess but an innate human capacity that can be enhanced and developed. Synthesizing insights from psychology, East- West philosophy, religion, metaphysics, and business, this hands-on workbook in the tradition

Published September 8th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Intuitive Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intuitive Way

Yaaresse
A good book -- in spite of the high left field woo-woo title -- about listening to that little voice in the back of your head that often gives the best advice. Intuition is often "simply" getting all the members of the inner peanut gallery to shut up for a few minutes so you can pay attention to what you've already seen, heard, felt, etc., but not yet acknowledged.

The book has a bunch of exercises that would take weeks (months) to work through, and so I will probably revisit this at a slower pa
Lauryn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of fluff and stories surrounding a little bit of practical advice. You can tell the author created a structure from their own personal bias. If you want to learn about how Penney is intuitive this is the book for you, if you want to learn how to do it yourself, look elsewhere.
Claudia
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: logical people; creative people
Recommended to Claudia by: my mom
Shelves: mind-opening
Do you make lists? Logically set up your day? Think a lot? Rarely find time to sit and just, well, let your mind randomly wander?

Do you want to mix it up a little? Maybe throw a little intuition in there and see what happens?

Penney Peirce wrote "The Intuitive Way" for you: people who want to access a subtle and often underused personal strength - intuition.

Is it a self-help book? Sure, though it's also a good read in terms of encouraging one's creativity to blossom, and in terms of thinking abou
Arminda Lindsay
I take a lot for granted. That was my biggest learning having read this book. I was raised on intuition; I was taught to recognize it from my early childhood, although we didn't call it intuition.

Having been raised as a Christian, intuition was given other names, but the process for listening and attuning and experiencing it are all the same.

For that reason, alone, I'm giving this three stars -- because I got bored.

I'm aware there are a lot of people who are learning the process and for you,
Kris
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychic-journey
I took me just shy of four years to read this whole book. I'm a completist, what can I say?
I thoroughly enjoyed the readings and exercises, and I can say, with certainty, that my intuition and spiritual nature has expanded by leaps and bounds over the last 4 years.
Mandi
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Zero Stars. NEW AGE GARBAGE. I PRAY YOU FIND JESUS <3
Ned
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is intuition? The answer to this question along with what it takes to awaken the intuition within you is in the book. The book has various exercises to help you connect with your intuition. These exercises are mainly about writing in a journal and with little creativity you can apply them to your way of manifesting calmness and tranquility.
Mollie Moon
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great workbook - one I have pulled off the shelf on and off for a couple of years, and probably will be using on and off in the future.
Adelé Green
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have fought intuition most of my life. If this is something you wish to understand there is no better explanation.
Penney Peirce
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Don't mistake this book for another general explanation of how intuition can help you in life. This is a hands-on workbook that requires effort and dedication, which will yield tangible results in developing your own intuitive ability. It would be hard to imagine a more thorough, cleanly structured and encouraging book on the subject. Peirce writes with integrity and clarity. She believes in everyone's ability to develop intuition and to bring real value into every aspect of life. She covers all ...more
Jaelithe Leigh-Brown
This book is amazing!

This book is easy to read and has fantastic exercises to open up your intuition. A must read if you're interested in this topic.
Julie Franks-Murray
This book is quickly shaping up to be the go-to manual for understanding and developing intuition, which, in my opinion, is THE work of the new consciousness. It's laid out in the same style as The Artist's Way, filled with tips, tools, and exercises intended to get you on the path toward greater intuitive living.
VL
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book. I think it would be perfect for whatever stage you are at in your connection to your intuition, and I think it is a book you could revisit over and over again throughout your life, learning something new along the way.
Lindsay
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not only a good book for the basics but also full of prompts. For those who wish to turn their intuition into practice: that's the book you need. Sometimes it's a little bit difficult to keep up with everything, yet the exercises are very interesting.
Lindy
A great place to start writing down your thoughts and connecting with the inner wisdom that is your birthright. Unlock the creative spirit within and let it guide you in your times of free writing and creative play.
Gina
Dec 09, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I only did the first few chapters of this book and it is sitting next to my bed begging me to pick it up and really work through all the tasks.
Worth buying and exploring if you are into this kind of thing
Debra Moffitt
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book on intuition with a gentle, kind touch. I highly recommend "The Intuitive Way."
Melissa
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to go through slowly, learning to read and trust your "inner voice" as opposed to the mental chatter.
Stanley Hall
May 28, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize just how valuable intuition is to every decision we make.
LemontreeLime
Dec 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-agey
...I _think_ i read this. I predict that i probably enjoyed it too, just a gut feeling....
Eve Adamson
So far, the best part is what I've gotten out of my own brain through the journaling prompts. Which, I suppose, is the whole point of a book like this.
Tracy
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I got to read of it was good. I will have to buy another copy because I lent it out and it has since been lost. The exercises in the book were very useful and easy to follow.
Sharon Bingham
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, I like this book. It takes time to get through this book because of the exercises. It takes practice, time, and patience.
Marilyn Zeiler
Oct 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good fundamentals for the meditative practicioner
Nic
William Jr.
Mar 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • Dancing the Dream: The Seven Sacred Paths Of Human Transformation
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Finding Your Way Home - Soul Survival Kit - Tools For Discovering Your Emotional And Spiritual Power
  • How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Practical Intuition
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Ariadne's Thread: A Workbook of Goddess Magic
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life
  • Riding Between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential Through the Way of the Horse
  • Mindful Movements: Mindfulness Exercises Developed by Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village Sangha
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies (Llewellyn's Health and Healing Series)
  • Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self Worth
  • The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul
Penney Peirce is the author of a series of popular guidebooks: Transparency: Seeing Through to Our Expanded Human Capacity; Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration; The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness; Dreams for Dummies (out of print); Dream Dictionary for Dummies; and The Present Moment: A Daybook of Clarity and Intuition (out of print).

She is also the author
More about Penney Peirce...

“Each moment fully perceived contains eternity. With intuition, trust increases, both in yourself and others. You can see the good reasons for why things happen. You experience less anxiety-producing hopelessness and hopefulness about the past and the future and a more acute awareness of your surroundings. There’s more synchronicity. Inspiration increases. Enthusiasm expands, because when things flow, you feel happy. When you’re happy, creativity and productivity soar and satisfaction becomes profound. For instance, you rush frantically to the grocery store to do the weekly shopping, squeezing in the errand between work, time with your children, and repairs on the house. You could make the experience entertaining and magical if you pay attention to the smells, shapes, and colors of the foods and packages and the emotional tones of the people you meet in the aisles. You might enjoy the smooth motion of your grocery cart or notice exactly which piece of fruit your body wants to select.” 2 likes
“your mind a petty tyrant who needs to organize and control the people and environment around you to establish serenity?” 1 likes