Start by marking “Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)” as Want to Read:
Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)

Jaguar Night

(Sentinels #1)

At dusk he prowled the Southwest, a huge, sleek black jaguar with startling blue eyes and a man's thoughts. A shape-shifting Sentinel, Dolan Treviño projected an intensely animalistic aura that hid the scars of his past. Yet as fierce as his pride was, this immensely powerful guardian needed the intuition and spirit of an innocent horse trainer to find redemption.

The momen

Kindle Edition, Silhouette Nocturne #64, 288 pages
Published April 1st 2009 by Silhouette Nocturne

To ask other readers questions about Jaguar Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaguar Night

TINNGG
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamp-were
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. My thought was eh, it's a numbered romance that just happens to feature shifters. How much excitement could it possibly contain (outside the usual TSTL h and overbearing jackass H). A lot in fact. The h...has issues with the shifters. Her mother was a shifter and... her help never arrived, she was badly injured, and died. The shifters didn't figure the kid worth fooling with since she couldn't shift. Ooops. The H's brother was the help that died en rout ...more
Kathy
Setting: Southwest – Encontrados Ranch – main house, casita, barns, sheep pen, corrals, abandoned old shack with outhouse,

Characters:
Meghan Lawrence: daughter of a semi-Sentinel coyote shifter; mother went on a mission when she was 10 and never returned; Meghan blamed the Sentinels and cut herself off; she as some of her mother’s power – healing, ward building, second sight; she runs a ranch, with a family she brought together, that rescue abused horses;

Dolan Trevino: Sentinel; his older broth
Keri-Anne Masson-Abrams
This is book 1 in the sentinels series, there are 8 in total.

Dolan is a shape shifter sentinel, he takes the form of a jaguar. He is on a mission to find a magical manuscript before the core. He just has to convince meghan the daughter of the woman who died trying to protect the manuscript to help him.
Meghan wants nothing to do with the sentinels , they left her mother to die and then a bandana her so it's safe to say she isn't happy when Dolan turns up on her door step.
After saving Dolans life
Claire
I wasn't expecting much from a Harlequin paranormal title, but boy was I surprised! I was totally sucked into this world, and really appreciated how different the paranormal "rules" are applied here. I think Durgin has come up with some fairly original mythology in how she deals with shapeshifting (even the language of "taking" an animal, rather than "shifting"), and using natural talent vs. amulets to differentiate the two opposing groups.

I'm so glad I randomly (finally! it's been on my TBR li
Jacini
Mar 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't finish this book. I couldn't get past the horrible writing.
Diane
A shifter romantic suspense w/some unique bits of world-building

This is the first PNR I've read by Doranna Durgin, though I've enjoyed a number of her fantasies and a mystery or two. I'm pleased to see that she maintained her standards of building three-dimensional characters and an exciting, coherent plot, even with the addition of more sexual content.
Meghan is the non-shifting daughter of a loving coyote-shifter mother who had little to do with the shape-shifter organization who call themselv
Angela
The first of her Sentinels series of paranormal romances, Jaguar Night is basically Doranna Durgin Does Shapeshifters. The worldbuilding is a bit thin for my tastes: you've got the Sentinels vs. the Atrum Core, who are two warring factions theoretically descended from a pair of half-brothers in ancient Britain, one a Druid and the other from a Roman father. The Druid descendants are the Sentinels who can shapeshift and do your basic grab bag of other magical abilities, while the Atrum Core are t ...more
Donna
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, uf-pnr, romance
Such an intriguing series. I started with #5 "Kodiak Chained", loved it, and decided I wanted to read the series in order. As fascinating as are the concepts (amulets, tracings, wards, shields, etc), what holds my attention is the writing and the style of story telling - a mixture of action, suspense, and introspection. The plot itself is fairly simple but it's the richness of the writing that moves this series into the upper echelon of paranormal romance. The characters are complex, talented, a ...more
Caro
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This was a good book. I loved the characters and the story line. I wouldn't mind reading it again either. There were emotions, action, some suspense, history, connections, and written well enough to pull you in. I laughed some, got angry, encouraged the characters, held my breath, and wanted to put the Ka-Pow moves on some people. The ending was great and had me almost standing up and pumping my fist in a 'Oh yeah, take that you puny pompous puss pocket of an a**'. Sorry...had to get it out of m ...more
Shanna Jones
I thought the book was okay. It held my interest for the first 3/4 of the book, but the ending just kind of dragged on. And I felt like there could have been more closure. All in all, though, it was a good read.
Shanna_redwind
This was a good paranormal romance. I enjoy stories of shapeshifters, and this fit the bill quite nicely. If you're looking for a quick fun read, with a lot of romantic tension and a hero who is not infallible, but needs help from the heroine and admits it, this is a great read for you.
Angie
Book #198, for 2009

Series (not in Goodreads)
Book #197(A) Wild Thing (short)
Book #198, Jaguar Night
Book #199, Lion's Heart
Catherine
4 out of 5 stars.
Amanda Oscar
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cant say anything bad about the Sentinel Series! everytime another book comes out, i just want more! Love to re-read these too :) cant go wrong!
Stacie
This is a shiftshaper story but I have to admit that I did not finish this one. I just could not get into the story and felt that the lead characters did not have much chemistry.
Polly
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Suspense at it's best. Strong characters, strong supporting characters, great storyline.
And, villains that you just love to hate. Great entertainment!
Good story, well written and love the whole Sentinel thing they had going. the reason for 3 stars I felt some scenes just dragged out too much. Im hoping the rest in this series dont do the same.
Cindy
Oct 26, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A read once... Not bad but I won't be actively pursuing the rest of the series.

Sentinels
1. Jaguar Night (2009)
2. Lion Heart (2009)
3. Wolf Hunt (2010)
Amanda
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Read 10-15x
Good plot, characters, and a believable story line- it's a good paranormal romance quickie.
Mary Quattlebaum
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Coyote finally meets a Jaguar and sparks fly! She initially hates him due to what the group did to let her mom die but circumstances throw them together for a cause (to keep her ranch safe).
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The downside is it was felt rushed to me. The plot was great as were the leads. I can't wait to read more of this series.
Stephanie
It was a harlequin. What else needs to be said?
Rachel
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read. Interesting plot and characters.
Marquise Bryan
Nikki
Mar 31, 2012
Cheri D Mendenhall
Jan 06, 2015
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Red Wolf
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Zombie Moon
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Last of the Ravens
  • The Vampire's Quest (Valorian Chronicles #4)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)
  • Captive of the Beast
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Dangerous Temptation (Daughters of Myth #1)
  • The Vampire Affair
Doranna Durgin is an award-winning author (the Compton Crook for Best First SF/F/H novel) whose quirky spirit has led to an extensive and eclectic publishing journey across genres, publishers, and publishing lines. Beyond that, she hangs around outside her Southwest mountain home with horse and highly accomplished competition dogs. She doesn't believe in mastering the beast within, but in channeli ...more

Sentinels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
  • Wolf Hunt (Sentinels #3)
  • Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
  • Kodiak Chained (Sentinels #5)
  • Lynx Destiny (Sentinels #6)
  • Alpha Rising (Sentinels, #7)
  • Leopard Enchanted (Sentinels)
  • Lion Heart (Sentinels, #2) / Wolf Bait
  • Kodiak Chained / The Gatekeeper (Sentinels)
  • Leopard Enchanted / Dragon's Promise (Sentinels)