Start by marking “A Tall Dark Cowboy” as Want to Read:
A Tall Dark Cowboy

A Tall Dark Cowboy

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,636 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Just looking for a good time:
Waiting tables in a bar full of no-good cowboys isn't Lacy Mason's idea of fun. But between her daughter's illness, endless doctor bills, and her college tuition, she needs the money. What she could really use is a night of no-holds-barred passion and no-strings-attached sex. Too bad she has sworn off cowboys for life!
A guy walks into a bar:
F
Trade Paperback, 226 pages
Published by Ellora's Cave (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Tall Dark Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tall Dark Cowboy

Tammy
You know when you go to a Mexican restaurant and the waiter brings out one of those sizzling hot platters and warns you NOT to touch it? And then you can't help reaching out and touching it? So you basically end up looking like an idiot with a burnt finger and an excited smile on your face. (Or maybe that's just me?)

This book has that kind of sizzle to it. Not much plot. Not enough dialogue. But lots of hotness and plenty of nookie if that's your thing.

WARNING: FLAMMABLE!
Kathrynn
May 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Found this to be very entertaining. The beginning "things" start FAST and I thought this was going to all about the number of sexual acts that could be performed between 226 pages. Thankfully, that was not the case. There was a nice story that unraveled as the author wove her tale. Nicely written, erotic, with the pour-single-mother-struggling-to take-care-of-sick-4-year-old-girl-in-need-of-a-heart-transplant-put-herself-through-college-(Engineering)-while-waiting-tables-at-a-rowdy-cowboy-bar. ( ...more
Shawna
4 stars - Contemporary/Western Romance/Erotica

This is a quick, sweet, romantic read about a sexy, tenderhearted cowboy/engineering executive who falls head-over-boots in love with a selfless, struggling single-mom working as a waitress in a rowdy cowboy bar to put herself through engineering school while taking care of her sick 4-year-old daughter. You can’t go wrong with a hunky cowboy, a respectable heroine, some steamy hot romance, and a touching love story. Overall, it’s a moving, lightly e
Talltree
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Superhot and low/medium-angst romance between a cowboy and young single-mom; they meet at the bar she waitresses at. Its a ONS that evolves into something deeper trope which is my favourite. Both have alternate personalities too, H is also an executive and h is a college student in the day who is soon joining the corporate workforce and (view spoiler)

I liked the h, she was strong, smart but
Pamela(AllHoney)
Ride 'em, Cowboy! Not a bad story but not quite a 5 for me. I did feel that the author managed to infuse a chemistry that is often lacking in erotica. However, certain aspects of the story didn't ring completely true for me.
Vittoria
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars but the cover is quite hot, so what the hell! Let's make it 2 stars.

Am I the only one who found this book utterly ridiculous??? Probably. It's the first one I read from this author and it didn't impress me at all. Actually the first third of the book wasn't too bad, but after that things went south pretty fast. There are so many wrong things in this story, I don't know where to start.

So, this two people meet in a bar, they want each other, they have a night of mind-blowing sex. That's
Daisiemae
Feb 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like a Strong Hero and herione
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Colleen...THANKS GIRL! It will be back on it's way to ya:)
Lacey Mason has the whole world on her shoulders. Between her job, her sick child and a pain in the ass ex-husband, she is not looking for a man in her life...especially a cowboy.
Wyatt Anderson an ex-cowboy and full time executive, is mesmorized from the moment he spots Lacey working at the bar. Instantly drawn to her, he is overwhelmed with the need to protect her and to make himself someone she can rely on in her chaotic life.
This is a really good book. Both Lacey and Wyatt are very well likea
Ni_kii
Part time waitress Lacy is working all the hours she can to pay for her very ill daughters medical bills. Her ex-husband doesn’t support them so her wages are split between paying the rent on her hovel of an apartment, paying for full time care for her little girl and paying the tuition fees for her engineering degree. In a nutshell, Lacy’s life sucks. One night, into the bar walks Wyatt, the tall dark cowboy described in the title. He decides he wants one night with Lacy and he manages to wangl ...more
jenjn79
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: many of my GR friends
Most of what I'd heard about this book was about the super stud-muffin beefcake on the front cover so I didn't really know what to expect from the book itself. But it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable read.

Series Note:
No series, as far as I know.

Summary:
Lacy Mason works at a local bar, trying to earn enough money to pay her ailing daughter's hospital bills and to put herself through college. She's learned the hard way to stay away from cowboys, but when Wyatt Anderson wanders in one night with
Patricia

Full-time executive and retired cowboy Wyatt Anderson is drawn to Lacy from the moment he sees her. But she's an enigma. Daring and assured one moment and hesitant the next, it's as if something haunts her. Only willing to g
  • Down In Texas
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Half Hearts
  • UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
  • Cowboy Games (Cowboy Games #1)
  • Unbridled
  • Rescue Me
  • Wildcat (Wild, #2)
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Promises Linger (Promises, #1)
  • Texas Tangle (Tangled #1)
Born and raised in Arizona, I guess you'd call me a desert rat. Well, actually, I'd be a desert rat that loves the mountains and lakes. Arizona gives me great pleasure, because if I'm not at the computer writing or buried nose deep in a book you'll find me on a four-wheeler, or a jet ski, or being pulled behind my 26’ Monterey boat on an oblong tube called a ‘hot dog’ laughing my ass off. In fact, ...more
More about Mackenzie McKade...