Start by marking “Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  48,035 Ratings  ·  2,755 Reviews
Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid. When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pa ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Kensington Books (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Succubus Blues, please sign up.

Georgiee Yeah there is a main love interest through the whole series and some smaller love interests as well
Nitty S no there are no cross overs . However, Bloodlines is a spin-off from Vampire Academy. I have a feeling, Vampire academy and Bloodlines were intended…moreno there are no cross overs . However, Bloodlines is a spin-off from Vampire Academy. I have a feeling, Vampire academy and Bloodlines were intended for younger adults. say 15-20. And Georgina Kincaid caters to a slightly more mature audience.(less)

Navessa
This is how I feel about this book…

When I first started reading this I thought “Thank the good lord” because reviewers whom I follow and adore all rated it highly. Also, I’ve been reading far too many YA-Contemporary/YA-PRs lately and this seemed like it would provide me with a much needed break. I thought it would clear my intellectual pallet of the sugar it’s been fed these past two weeks. Don’t get me wrong, sugar can be a good thing. Sometimes it’s just the pick me up I need. But too much of
Lola  Reviewer
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: UF, demons, angels and succubus fans.
**3.5 stars**

Meet succubus Georgina Kincaid:

description

Georgina Kincaid is a succubus, an immortal ''creature'' that feeds on other people's vital energy in order to survive. Most of the time, she does that during sex. Except for that detail about her, Georgina is a charismatic and easy going woman that works in a library. She's in fact quite an interesting and entertaining character.

The story kicks when an immortal powerful vampire is mysteriously and unexpectedly killed after having an argument with our
~Poppy~
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“Love is rarely flawless,” Carter pointed out. “Humans delude themselves by thinking it has to be. It is the imperfection that makes love perfect.
Kat Kennedy
Mar 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I enjoyed that it, in a number of areas, was brave enough to break away from the stereotype that the paranormal urban romance genre is famous for.

On one hand, I enjoyed the plot, story and characters. It was paced well, easy to read, enjoyable. The characters were fresh, original in some regards and likable.

The great "reveal" was painfully easy to guess and I had suspected it from the beginning, but I feel that the writing style and characters made up for this lack
Aestas Book Blog
3.5 stars.

This gif represents EXACTLY how I felt about this book... I was eager to start it, I found it a little tough to get into though, I struggled (with convincing myself to keep going) midway through, but at the end everything started happening really fast and suddenly I was finished it lol

I read this book on several glowing recommendations from trusted readers who compared it to the Fever and Night Huntress series (both of which are among my fav PNR/UFs so I was pretty excited to start it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
You know you don't like a book when you would rather fold laundry than pick it up again.

As I was struggling with this book yesterday, I was thinking, "Maybe I have some dishes to do or something? What chores can I do?" Not a good sign.

**Some mild spoilers ahead**

Most people love this book so feel free to ignore me. In all fairness, I had read some really good urban fantasy books right before this one so I was coming off a huge UF high when I picked this up. And it did not measure up. At all.

Le
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
“We all have moments of weakness. It’s how we recover from them that really counts.”

Georgina isn't your typical succubus. Disliking what she is, she mainly focuses on "feeding" from men without as much of a conscience (like her boss), but doesn't have to slaughter them like succubus of legend. When working in the bookstore as a manager, she meets her favorite author, starts dating a new man in town, and works with other paranormals to figure out who is offing powerful paranormals in the city.
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who don't mind reading about characters that they can't respect

I read Succubus Blues first over 2 years ago and liked it A LOT. Since then Mead embarked on a money-making trip and managed to completely ruin Vampire Academy for me. The latest Succubus book was meh as well. (Her Dark Swan books are not even worth mentioning IMO.) I started questioning myself - were Mead's books ever good? Or I simply liked them because this series was one of my first encounters with fresh then genre of urban fantasy?

Good news, Succubus Blues is still great entertainm
Anzu The Great Destroyer
WARNING! The following review is not supposed to make any sense. If, through an unholy miracle, it does make sense then you should consult a doctor at once. You might have an evil cotton candy monster living in your brain.

After a failed attempt with The Blood That Bonds, Anzu decides to go for something else in the Urban Fantasy genre. Since she is such a sadistic person she goes for Succubus Blues, another book she was sure she will hate. Deep inside she was still hoping to be proven wrong.

Anz
Emily May
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

I liked this book a lot more than I imagined I would. I'm not really a hardcore urban fantasy fan, I much prefer series like this with the softer, chick-lit style writing complete with witty dialogue and hot immortal men. Georgina Kincaid is a very likeable heroine, not a pretentious do-gooder but nice enough that you care about what happens to her.

This first novel in the series is full of steamy sex, hilariously quotable writing and a supernatural mystery to form the background plot. What more
For Love of a Book: Georgina Kincaid 7 28 Apr 12, 2017 06:30AM
Around the Year i...: Succubus Blues, by Richelle Mead 1 14 Jan 20, 2016 04:00AM
Is there anything similar to the Georgina Kincaid series? 9 154 Aug 27, 2014 06:22AM
Pancake Sex Book ...: Discussion *Spoilers* 1 8 Jun 18, 2014 01:55PM
Urban Fantasy ser...: December BOTM: SUCCUBUS BLUES by Richelle Mead 5 26 Jan 11, 2014 02:00AM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1)
  • A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Autumn Bones (Agent of Hel, #2)
  • Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)
  • Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)
“Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else's dream. ” 1879 likes
“Well, that depends, I suppose. I heard someone once say that men dance the same way they have sex. So, if you want everyone here to think you're the kind of guy who just sits around and—"
He stood up. "Let's dance.”
786 likes