Start by marking “Lucky Break (Lucky #3)” as Want to Read:
Lucky Break (Lucky #3)

Lucky Break (Lucky #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  2,292 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Jason Corwin knows he should resist his attraction to Lauren Perkins. After all, it was one of her ancestors who came up with the curse that had haunted every Corwin male since. But after one night of mind-blowing sex with his supposed—and very seductive—enemy, he can't bring himself to stay away.

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old house and leave the pa
Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by HQN (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Break

♡Karlyn P♡
DNF. I don't mind a light 'beach read' contemporary, but this one was just too light on substance. A silly premise of a curse from long ago, feuding families that hold a grudge for generations, a hero and heroine both in denial, and non of it made much sense. To top it off, the reader for this audio book was only OK. Her male and female voices were hard to tell apart at times. I called it quits halfway.
Jennifer Kirkey
Sep 14, 2016 Jennifer Kirkey rated it really liked it

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old house and leave the past behind forever. But that's not an easy thing to do with gorgeous contractor Jason Corwin whispering sweet, sexy something

Kahea
***4 Stars***

Of the three books in the series, Lucky Break is hands down my favorite. Not to say that I didn’t enjoy the first two, because I did, but this one just had that thing that drew me in and held my interest more than the first two. It was sweet, smexy and I enjoyed how the curse was finally dealt with in the end.

I liked Jason and Lauren and though I there were quite a few eye rolling moments with them, I wanted them to find their way back to each other in the end. The biggest obstacl
jenjn79
Jan 15, 2009 jenjn79 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I really enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy, so I had high hopes for the 3rd and final book. And though this book was in no way terrible or even particularly bad, I did find it to be a bit disappointing. I was expecting something better.

Series Note: this is the 3rd and last book in Phillips's Lucky trilogy. Though you may possibly be able to read this book on its own and understand enough, I'd recommend reading the entire trilogy in order. There's a lot of background and continuing issu
Feb 04, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the Corwin trilogy. It was a good ending that brought things all together.

This book follows the last of the Corwin male cousins, Jason, son of Thomas. Jason was introduced in the last book, Lucky Streak. He is a snowboarder who tested positive for drugs and has been banned from the sport. He's come home to "lick his wounds" and be with his family. He's taken up the family business and become a contractor to make money.

Lauren Perkins, also introduced in Lucky Streak, is
Liza
Jun 03, 2017 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed each book in the Lucky series, and have to say Jason and Lauren pretty much stole my heart from the moment they saw each other again. I loved they couldn't keep their hands off each other from the very first moment they were around one another. The fact her family placed the curse on his family only made their attraction to one another more fun for me.

Even with the curse between them and family issues, Jason couldn't stay away from Lauren. I loved how protective he was of her, espec
Jeanne
May 27, 2017 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The completion of the series, the final Corwin unattached male from the current generation gets his story. Jason is home in disgrace, although innocent, he is a pariah in the world of snow boarding. Finding his feet he turns to contractor work. Lauren returns to settled things in her grandmother's house to get it ready for sale She doesn't expect to have her world turned upside down by the only man to ever make her breath stop.
Will Lauren and Jason be able to overcome the curse, their families
Amy Leibenguth
May 27, 2017 Amy Leibenguth rated it really liked it
What a great ending to this series! Lauren and Jason are both searching for some positives in life. Their teenage romance not forgotten brings them back together with some very sweet passion. Neither initially looking for anything more than a fling, ends with forever. Fate certainly has a way of intervening for these two and putting closure on a very old supposed curse. I loved catching up with the characters from the first 2 books as well as the very comical dads of the current Corwin men. They ...more
Julie
May 23, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed the updated version. Jason Corwin is the last of the 3 current Corwin males affected by the Corwin Curse. Back in his teens he fell for Lauren Perkins, descendant of the Mary who placed the curse, and granddaughter of the current Mary. Now all grown up, they meet again. Lauren is preparing to go to Paris and be a fashion designer, but first she needs to fix grandma Mary's house and sell it to pay for her crazy sister Elizabeth's legal fees. Jason was on his way to being an Oly ...more
Jackie
May 21, 2017 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would not liked this book as much if I hadn't read the first two. I was more attached to the characters and better understood the plot than if I had just read this one. I didn't like the girls' antics, it seemed like everyone picked on Lauren, and she mostly took it. I wish she had been a little stronger. We didn't get as much mystery as the first two in the series, however, we got a cute love story and nice endings for the family members.
Heather
Dec 29, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
**Advanced copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Lucky Break is the final book in the "Lucky Trilogy" and it was a great way to finish!

Jason Corwin was a professional snowboarder that ended up being banned from the sport following a positive drug test. With that career over, he decided to head home to figure out what came next. He ends up working as a contractor, which is the family business, in order to make a living.

Lauren Perkins is the granddaughter of former mayor, M
Me-an
Oct 07, 2012 Me-an rated it really liked it
Women and men do strange things in the name of love, I just think we have to wait and see what the Fates have in store.

Yes this is the 3rd book in the series and I bypassed the first two. So what? I'm more interested in this so I read it. Turns out, I was right. I had fun reading this book.

Maybe because it was different because a simple love story was fused with witch craft, curses and the likes. I loved the whole uniting the families to break the curse shenanigan.

Plus, it also tackles the subje
Patti
Oct 27, 2009 Patti rated it really liked it
Book Description:

Long ago, a witch proclaimed an eternal curse that every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his woman and his fortune.... Jason Corwin knows he should resist his attraction to Lauren Perkins. But after one night of mind-blowing sex with his supposed and very seductive enemy, he can't bring himself to stay away.

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old house and leave the past behind forever. But that's not an easy thing to do when gorgeous co
Anita
Mar 27, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Last book of the Luck Trilogy and it read like Carly Phillips was ready to move on to other stories. It was a good story concept. Last single Corwin cousin, Jason, hooks up with Lauren Perkins, whose ancestor put the curse on the Corwins.

Lauren and Jason first hooked up when she spent the summer in Perkins at age 17. Now, 10 years later, she is back to sell grandmother's house and leave Perkins in her dust. Of course, she and Jason meet and it is instant fire. One of the hottest sex hook-ups I
Erica
Mar 02, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
Jason Corwin was a top snowboarder. He had dreams of going to the Olympics, until he tested positive for a banned substance.
Laura is a descendant of the first Perkins who cursed the Corwin males.
Lauren hires Jaeon to help her fix up her Grandmas house so she can sell it and leave.
We learn about her crazy and rude family, things are found at the end of the book, The curse is lifted and the entire Corwin males are happy.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Julianne
Jul 01, 2012 Julianne rated it really liked it
I know it says this is part of a trilogy, but I thought of it as a "stand-alone" book. She is back in town temporarily, trying to fix up her grandmother's home so she can sell it and sever all ties with this town. He is back after his dreams were stolen away. Now he's doing some contracting work and trying to convince her to stay. But others get in the way. Lots of meddling. And lots of fun!
Jessica Alcazar
Apr 17, 2013 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC little chic flic romance story! ALL 3 of these books were highly enjoyable. Every character had me LMAO!
However, I will say that Lucky Streak (#2) was absolutely the funniest of them all. Hands down!
PS....I really wish Uncle Edward and Clara had their own story, even if it was a short story in an Anthology because that man had me in stitches....stinky Pete! Bawaaaaaaahahahahaha!
Michelle Huntsinger
Mar 25, 2011 Michelle Huntsinger rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Carly Phillips tells you a story that gets you involved right away, and makes you feel like you know the characters in the story as if they were your own family. I love anything having to do with the paranormal, curses, etc.

I also will read anything Carly Phillips writes, as she's got a fan for life in me.
Christine
Aug 26, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this last book and how it felt like all the loose ends were tied up. Lauren and Jason were a perfect pair and I enjoyed how all the family members seemed to haven grown up so much- specifically the Perkins and the Corwins.I was surprised at Gabrielle & Amber's part in getting Jason and Lauren together. Hee hee!
Ry
May 03, 2012 Ry rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, library
There was nothing wrong with the plot of this book. The reason I didn't give it a five star rating has more to do with the diction of the author than anything else. Sometimes the writing comes across as slightly stilted, but they may also be a resultant interpretation of the differences in language between the author's generation and my own.
Wendy
Jun 03, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
I think that htis was a good end to the Corwin Curse series. I liked the characters and the interaction alot. I loved The Uncle's, they are really hilarious and add a fun twist to it all. Jason and Lauren have great chemistry and I liked that they learned to overcome their own insecurities to be together. It was definately a quick read, but enjoyable.I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.
Kendra
Jul 11, 2010 Kendra marked it as won-t-be-finishing
what can i say, it was 50 cents at a thrift store.
Tammy Pickens
Nov 30, 2015 Tammy Pickens rated it really liked it
A very fun series to read. Good characters, fun plot, moved along pretty quickly.
Jo Vry
Jun 09, 2013 Jo Vry rated it it was amazing
AESOME SERIES VERY VERY GOOD!!!
Ruza
May 29, 2017 Ruza rated it really liked it
Lucky Break is the 3rd and final book in the Series. The Corwin curse … all Corwin men who fall in love will be destined to lose his love and fortune … No Corwin has walked away unscathed or have they? The final cousin is Jason Corwin … disgraced world champion Snowboarder who returns home and falls back on what he knows, and becomes a Contractor.

Lauren Perkins is an up-and-coming fashion designer, and she is also the executor of her grandmothers estate. Her grandmother Mary Perkins, the old Ma
Tracy Roberts
Jun 07, 2017 Tracy Roberts rated it it was amazing
Who says curses are real? The Corwin men that’s who. Many years ago, there was a curse put on any Corwin man that dare to love. Jason is the 3rd of the Corwin men that are effected by the Corwin curse.
Jason is back in town after a horrible lie ended his career. He is upset and just living life with no thought. Lauren is a woman back in town to remodel her grandmother’s house to get it ready to sell.
Jason and Lauren spend a summer together as a couple until the faithful day Lauren’s grandmother s
Shelley
Jun 01, 2017 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the Lucky trilogy, this is the last single Corwin cousin, Jason. Jason was an Olympic bound snowboarder who failed a drug test that got him thrown out of competitions for two years. He was set up by his main competitor's girlfriend. He is back in his hometown, licking his wounds and working construction jobs for some income.
Lauren is the sister and granddaughter to the previous mayor and assistant of small town, Perkins. Both arrested after an arson. The elder Perkins has passe
Jennie Fortna
Jun 06, 2017 Jennie Fortna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC for honest review with no compensation

Lucky Break is the 3rd and final book in the Lucky series and what a way to end the “curse” over all the Corwin men…."Any Corwin male who falls in love will be destined to lose his love and his fortune” so not true…..

This is about Jason Corwin and Lauren Perkins and if you read the other two books you will know the curse was put in place by a Perkins from long, long ago. While the younger generation is starting to not believe in the curse the older gener
Jami
Jun 02, 2017 Jami rated it really liked it
*An advance reading copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. *

The final book in the Lucky Trilogy centers around Jason Corwin and Lauren Perkins. Yes, it’s the same Perkins whose ancestor put that pesky curse on all the Corwin Men in Stewart, MA.

Jason and Lauren weren’t strangers to one another. They had met as teenagers. Lauren and her sister came to town to spend summers with their grandmother. Jason had dreams of becoming a professional snowboarder. Once Lauren’s grandmother
RoseyLovesBooks
Jun 07, 2017 RoseyLovesBooks rated it really liked it
Fashion designer Lauren Perkins is the descendant of the Mary Perkins responsible for the Corwin curse, any Corwin male who falls in love will be destined to lose his love and his fortune. Lauren had met and fallen for Jason Corwin during a summer visit to her grandmother when she was 17 years old. Unfortunately Lauren was banned and sent home to her parents after her grandmother found out about Lauren sneaking out to see Jason. Lauren's grandmother is now dead and Lauren is in town to restore h ...more
  • Solitary Man
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • With a Twist (Wild Hart Saga, #1)
  • Santa, Baby
  • Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters, #3)
  • Just for Kicks (Showgirls, #2)
  • Fearless (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Lucky (3 books)
  • Lucky Charm (Lucky #1)
  • Lucky Streak (Lucky #2)