Start by marking “The Treasures of Venice” as Want to Read:
The Treasures of Venice

The Treasures of Venice

When American librarian Samantha Lewis and Irish rogue Keirnan Fitzgerald set off to find priceless jewels, they become embroiled in a 500-year-old love story that eerily prefigures their own...

In 15th century Venice, beautiful and wealthy Serafina falls in love with Nino, a young Florentine sculptor. They decide to flee to Padua, and to fund the trip, Nino copies a set of
Published September 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Treasures of Venice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treasures of Venice

AgentScully
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: exotic-settings
I loved the Venice setting in this story. I visited there in '97 and the vivid descriptions of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Marks', Rialto Bridge, brought back wonderful memories. Alas no sexy Irish rogue like Keirnan appeared in my Venice vacation, asking me to pose as his girlfriend and calling me "luv". But considering that the heroine who gets tangled up with him is kidnapped and nearly raped, well that's probably a good thing. Samantha is there on a non-refundable tour that was supposed to be h ...more
MelissaB
Sep 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to MelissaB by: AgentScully
I enjoyed this fast-moving romantic suspense set in Venice featuring an Irish hero (who says luv a lot!) and an American heroine who search for an old treasure to save his kidnapped sister's life. There is also a second storyline set in the 1400's that shows how the treasure was lost in the first place and features another romance. Both stories flowed well together and had cute romances.

See Agent Scully's review for a full review, I am glad I read it because it was a good read.
Marie
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it

I loved this novel by Loucinda McGary for its mixture of suspense, romance and historical fiction. There are two main stories happening throughout the novel as it switches back and forth between the 1485 characters and the present day characters both dealing with sinister forces amidst an all encompassing love. The novel opens up to the recently jilted Samantha Lewis trying to enjoy a much needed vacation in Venice, Italy when a gorgeous guy immediately involves her in a desperate chase against
Bookworm
Sep 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Librarian Samantha Lewis is visiting Venice with a tour group after breaking up with her cheating fiancee. She was supposed to be on her honeymoon, but decided to go on the trip alone. One day while sipping her latte sitting outside a restaurant handsome stranger walks up to her and pretends they are together. He says, "Hello, luv, sorry I'm late" and then asks her to 'play along with him'. So, Sam decides to play along with and the two hurry off together. Sam knows something isn't right and won ...more
Kay Elizabeth
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
I haven’t picked up a romance novel since Barbara Cartland was a lass, and boy have they changed for the better if Loucinda McGary’s electrifying new book is anything to judge by! The Treasures of Venice: A passion they never expected and a danger they cannot escape (ISBN 978-1402226700, Sourcebooks Casablanca), has redefined the romance genre for me in a positive and exciting way.

Prepare yourself for a 352 page thrill ride, readers. Set in the heart of beautiful Venice in Italy, echoes of reinc
Allison
Sep 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Description on back of book:

He's a charming Irish Rogue who never met a lock he couldn't pick...

Keirnan Fitzgerald is desperate to locate the missing Jewels of the Madonna. With danger at every corner and time running out, he must use whatever means possible to uncover the stolen jewels in time to save his sister's life....

She's simply in Venice to relax and heal her broken heart...

Samantha Lewis is shocked when a dashing stranger approaches her in a Venecian cafe' pretending to know her. She's
Colette
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Samantha Lewis is on vacation in Venice, Italy on what was supposed to be her honeymoon. However, weeks before the wedding she found her finance cheating on her with a younger co-worker. The trip was non-refundable, so she decides to go on it, if only to prove to herself that she can do something crazy like travel alone overseas. She is shocked when a handsome stranger comes up to her while she's sitting in a cafe and pretends to know her. Despite herself, she feels an attraction to him, and thr ...more
Jessica
Sep 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-crossing
Samantha Lewis is in Venice, taking a tour by herself that was supposed to have been her honeymoon. When she is approached by a handsome stranger who pretends to be meeting her at a cafe, she decides to play along. His name is Kiernan Fitzgerald, and he is definitely more than he seems. Sam is instantly drawn to him, but she feels crazy for getting so attached after just an hour or two. When he reappears in her hotel room later that night, injured and needing her help, she is immediately drawn i ...more
Joan
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First I have to say that this is the fourth story I have read by Loucinda McGary in the past few days and I have yet to be disappointed. In fact. The Treasures of Venice is by and far her best effort and that is saying something, because the other three are wonderful tales.

Venice is a lovely background for this romantic suspense. The story of present day weaves back and forth between an equally interesting tale from the Fifteenth Century that eventually brings them both together in the climax. H
Lauren
This was a really fun read. Samantha was getting married to this loser Michael but he called it off. The honeymoon was in Italy and Sam still went, by herself. then one day Keirnan shows up and asks her to play along with him cause some really bad people are chasing him. one thing leads to another and they are off on adventure to help rescue his sister from the bad guys.

the jewels of the modonna is what everyone is after and Keirnan is going to find them and trade them for his sister's life.

th
Wendy Hines
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
The Treasures of Venice is a captivating story of romance, suspense, and historical legend. Painted against a beautiful backdrop of romantic Venice, Loucinda McGary quickly draws you in with the legend of the Jewels of the Madonna. The suspense mounts as the legend is unfolded, and the characters are drawn vividly and honest, full of courage and integrity. I was entranced from page one and loved it!
April
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance
Enjoyed this a lot. Samantha Lewis is in Venice alone as part of a tour of Italy. It was supposed to be her honeymoon but her boyfriend dumped her. Kiernan approaches her at a cafe and danger and adventure enter her life. Who is Kiernan and what is he up to? A story from the past also plays a part in the book.
Denise
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
I like how Loucinda writes this is the 2nd book of hers I read. I like her settings as well. It was a mystery romance book. It involved a sacred artifact and went back and forth from the present time in Venice to back went the artifact was created. It kept the story interesting.
Lisa
Jun 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was a wonderful book. I love the characters in this book. Especially Kathleen. The exchanges between her and Kiernan had me just cracking up. I loved the splashes of Gaelic in their conversation. Very cool.
Jan Crow
Jun 05, 2009 rated it liked it
This book is to be published in September of 09. It is a contemporary romantic suspense with a historical running parallel. Interesting parts about Venice, Rome and art. Samantha definately gets out of her shell when a stranger runs up and pretends to be her date. Will read more by this author.
SheLove2Read
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I liked the setting (Venice) and a different kind of hero (Irish) but overall the book was just mediocre. The mystery held my interest and kept me reading, but otherwise a forgettable read.
Jocelin
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok

This book started off okay; but towards the end kind of fizzled out.
Jena
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
A fun read!
Katy Stalcup
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Made me decide that I'm not a romance fan.
Atl Goddess
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A quick read combining romance, a little light art history and Venice. Nice escapism.
Tasha
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Not exactly brilliant, but an enjoyable escapist book and a quick read.
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2017
KyleeJ
Apr 28, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Blessed with the gift of "Irish Blarney" Loucinda McGary (everyone calls her Cindy) became a storyteller shortly after she learned to read. If she didn't like the way a story ended, she made up her own ending. In high school, between history and algebra homework, Cindy wrote stories featuring herself, her friends, and their favorite movie and rock stars. After college, she published a couple dozen ...more