Start by marking “Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #21)” as Want to Read:
Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #21)

Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #21)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  386 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!
When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure in Magic Tree House #43: Leprechaun in Late Winter, they had lots of questions. What are leprechauns? How do we know many of the old Irish stories? How do fairies spend their time? Who speaks the Irish language? Fin
Published January 25th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Leprechauns and Irish Folklore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leprechauns and Irish Folklore

Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
3.5 - My son and I had a great time reading all about Irish folklore and leprechauns as well as other "creatures" like banshees, etc. It was the perfect read for the week of St. Patrick's Day.
Dec 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Who needs a story written ABOUT some of the best stories ever? Why not just enjoy Irish folklore? Revel in the playful, and sometimes not so playful, deeds of the wee folk, whether meeting to dance beneath the stars, tearing apart houses that were built on fairy roads, or spiriting away their little hoards of gold. Learn how to find that gold, how to lift a fairy spell, and what it means when a Banshee wails outside your window.
Mar 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
Pretty fun little at-a-glance summary of Irish fairy lore. Definitely written for kids, but fun for anyone - especially around St. Patrick's day.
Mar 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read several of the non-fiction companion Research Guides and so far our girls have enjoyed them. I thought they'd really like this one, too (after all, it is about fairies and our oldest is fairy-crazy), but our oldest in particular was quite reluctant to listen to me read it. I think that she had another book in mind for me to read, but still, I thought it would be fun to read this book for St. Patrick's Day. We were able to finish this book in two readings, which is a bit fast for us, b ...more
Claudia Magana-magana
Focusing on the tales of Leprechauns, I paired this book with "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" by Natasha Wing. In the fiction book, Tim and Maureen try to capture a leprechaun with various traps. Tim and Maureen placed a coin at the end of each trap. In my nonfiction selection, leprechauns are revealed to be bankers. Leprechauns love their gold and they always keep it hidden. The author informs the reader that leprechauns are very tricky fairies. In "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day", Tim ...more
Ms. B
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
For years, I was not 100% sure if I was Irish or not. Earlier this year I learned that my great, great grandpa really did come from Ireland. I am 1/8 Irish.
Now that I know I am Irish, I couldn't resist reading this addition to the Magic Tree House Research Guide series to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year! Anyone who is curious about Irish folklore or interested in fairies will enjoy this one. You may even become a believer in the magic of Irleand and fairies after reading this one.
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I enjoyed this book and feel that it is good introduction for kids to Irish folklore. I think it's great that it is created as a companion for the book Leprechauns in Late Winter. If a child is reading a Magic Tree House story and has questions about subjects mentioned like, "What are leprechauns,ballybogs or banshees?" then they can turn to this for information. It is written in simple language easily understandable to young kids.
Shannon Minner
Good companion guide to the fiction book and I love that the author makes these. What I love more is how she encourages the readers to research more and offers resources. I love the fact that she also tells readers that librarians can help them with their research. This previous sentence may be biased since I am a school librarian!
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-chapter
A nice intro to Irish folklore for young children. Kids who are already fans of the Magic Tree House series will have an automatic in, but it's suitable for kids who are just interested in learning more about this specific subject, too. I liked it. It wasn't super compelling for an adult, but it's a great resource for its target age range.
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably the most fun of the fact tracker books I've encountered yet! I really enjoy legends and folklore and this entire fact tracker was full of just that. From faeries to leprechauns and even a couple of real life people inspired by faeriedom.
Blaine Nielsen
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
this research guide toks a bout the irish peaple and how irlind came to be and a bout ther story of leprechauns fres and ather strag thing and a bout wat the fers wod do if the peaple made them mad.
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-series
Nice. It's got a wide range of the wee folk covered here, complete with some of the more unsavory ones. And yet, like all other Magic Tree house books, it somehow makes light of murderous intentions.
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Children's nonfiction books sometimes provides the best information about a topic. I'm researching fairies and folklore for my novel. This is a fun read about fairies and stories in Ireland. Did you know that a leprechaun is a solitary fairy?
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are a bunch of myths about fairies.
Amy Burch
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
A great book to read to a class around St. Patrick's Day. It talks about hte history of Ireland and it's folklore on fairys and leprechauns. Kids would love this book.
This is described as a non-fiction companion book. Yet it really is folklore. I don't know if children will know the difference. If they don't, they are going to be really scared.
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Learned great info fast and quick about this subject. Great book for reluctant readers in grades 5-8.
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: j-folklore
Interesting facts and well-drawn black and white illustrations.
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
where did they get the information for the books
Feb 02, 2010 rated it liked it
I really like this book becoues of all the old Ieresr foke tale's that the book tould. I don't really like how the feres in the stores acht if some one mess with them or there tree's.
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
Another very interesting read. It talked about the Irish belief in fairies and how leprechauns are actually fairies who hide gold and are very tricky. It talks about Irish Folklore.
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some of my children prefer non fiction books so these research guides are perfect for that. Interesting and well thought out. Made my youngest wan to learn more.
Jan 23, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I saw this at the library and picked it up just for fun. I learned quite a bit about Irish history and fairies that I didn't know. Now I'm excited for St. Patrick's Day.
What I like most about this book is the history and background it provides for Leprechaun in Late Winter. Excellent book!
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
leprechauns hide their gold at the end of the rainbow but nobody can ever reach the end of the rainbow.
Samantha Lawver
Jan 10, 2012
Cheryl Chan :)
Nov 23, 2010
Neil Melley
Jan 08, 2015
Aug 31, 2010
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Danger! Wizard at Work! (Dragon Slayer's Academy, #11)
  • Who Was Ben Franklin?
  • Who Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • Mummies Made in Egypt
  • Jamie O'Rourke and the Pooka
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  • Officer Spence Makes No Sense! (My Weird School Daze, #5)
  • The Magic Tree House
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)

Nonfiction Deals