Start by marking “The Blue Pen” as Want to Read:
The Blue Pen

The Blue Pen

Parker didn't expect to find his next great magazine story sleeping off a hangover in the back seat of his car. The homeless woman, Cleo, says she never wakes after dawn, which makes Parker curious. His intuition for finding a unique story is buzzing after meeting Cleo, and he decides to interview her to find out what drove her to live on the streets.

Cleo explains how the

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Blue Pen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Pen

Start your review of The Blue Pen
Mishel Forte
Oct 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
First off I gotta say eBooks, I'm sure, are wonderful... if you have an eReader of some kind. Or if you can stand staring at the screen for a prolonged period of time. And while I can be on the computer for hours at a time I can't read a book off the screen for some reason. I either get too distracted or my eyes start to bleed... whichever comes first. And yet I still take review requests for eBooks. Don't ask me why. I'm planning on getting a Sony eReader sometime in the near future (the new ...more
Monie
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Heading off to work one morning, magazine reporter Parker Towne gets into his car and finds a surprise in the back seat. A homeless woman was sleeping off her hangover in his car. Shocked by finding her there he treats her very badly but after she’s gone he starts to think about her circumstances and tries to find her soon after. When the search leads nowhere he writes his next article about her and soon Cleo shows up at his apartment window to tell him her story.

Cleo begins her with life as
Jul 31, 2009 rated it liked it
I really liked Cleo and did empathize with her. She was a great character who was trying to sort herself out, and find her path in life. Cleo's pain when she looses her early love, was palpable. Parker...didn't like him so much, but he was more a means to an end. A way for Cleo to tell her story, and ultimately steer her on her path.

Overall the story was very good, and I think it reminds you to both keep your mind open, and that homelessness is still an issue today. You know it's always there,
LuAnn
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story follows the life of a homeless woman after she tells a reporter how she came to be in the position she was living in when he found her. It is a tale I found fascinating and I kept reading in anticipation of finding out how she came to be homeless.

Well-written and intriguing, it’s a timeless story that will make you appreciate what you have and understand those less fortunate in a different light.
Pam Rivera
May 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story, learning about Cleo - who is she? where is she from? where is her family? why is she homeless? why did she choose Parker's car to sleep in? It was certainly an interesting and insightful look at what most of us consider to be mental illness.
Mikie Hazard
Dee
Feb 13, 2016
Patty
Jan 20, 2019
I'm a writer living in North Alabama, USA.

I write fiction.

Haven't been on Goodreads in a while, and looked at my page. Wow, I have 164 books published!

Thing is, I don't. The name Lisa Rusczyk is unique; however, there is another Lisa Rusczyk who writes, too! How interesting is that? She writes great how-tos and children's fiction.

Some of her books were tagged under my profile, so I'm going to