Start by marking “Foolproof” as Want to Read:
Foolproof

Foolproof

The morning of 9/11 Brenda Grant and Daniel Henderson met for coffee before going to their software firm in the World Trade Center.  That casual act saved them from the Twin Towers' collapse, even as their friends and Brenda’s fiancé were killed and their company obliterated.

Founding their own software security firm, they never forgot that morning of horror.  Grant and Hen
Published December 22nd 2009 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Foolproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foolproof

Start your review of Foolproof
Una Tiers
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
The opening pulled me in with trepidation. It was a little hard to follow the characters for a while until the motorcycle chase scene.
Kathy Martin
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This thriller, written in 2009, has themes ripped from today's headlines. Brenda Grant and Daniel Henderson were two minutes away from being in the World Trade Center when the first plane hits on the morning of 9/11. Their company was above where the plane hit and no one managed to get out before the towers collapsed. Brenda lost her fiance who was one of the company owners.

A few years later, Brenda and Grant have started a security company and have a mission to track down terrorists. When they
Steven Farmer
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, I got to the final thirty pages or so and I was wondering how they were really going to wrap it up. It seemed impossible, there were so many loose threads. The way they wrapped it up was INGENIOUS.

Read more books by these three authors.
Susan Katz
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This book was gripping enough to see me safely through one of the more anxious days of waiting in my life - and for that I will be forever grateful.
Jackie Klefsaas
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It had me hooked from the beginning and pulled me through until the end. I lost sleep just so I finish it I am glad I stumbled upon this book.
Louise Johnson
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
An easy to read page-turner, although the main characters weren't particularly likeable or believable. The dialogue was quite clunky in places to the point of being distracting. The type of book you'd read at the airport to ease your boredom.
Amanda Morgan
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
On the morning of 9/11 Brenda Grant and Daniel Henderson are leaving the coffee shop where they meet before work just as an airplane hits the first tower. They witness what seems to be a terrible accident and fear for their co-workers who work on one of the floors above where the plane just hit in “Foolproof.”
As Brenda calls her boss/boyfriend to ask what is going on, he tells her the people on their floor are trapped and cannot go down because of the fire, so they’re going up the steps to try
Debbi Mack
Mar 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Voting fraud isn't a topic one would normally think of as sexy or thrilling. However, Foolproof by co-authors Barbara D'Amato, Jeanne M. Dams and Mark Zubro, proves that even computer geeks can be the stars of amazing thrillers.

The story starts on 9/11. The two protagonists linger at a coffeehouse that morning, thus surviving the Twin Towers' collapse. In the aftermath, Brenda Grant (who lost her fiance, Jeremy, in the disaster) and Daniel Henderson, her gay co-worker, decide to start their own
Jessica
May 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This gets four stars because the three authors clearly wanted to write a page-turner and I could not stop turning pages. Dan and Brenda are computer programmers who meet every morning for coffee, a habit that saves them on 9/11. Their employer vanishes into the terrorists' smoke, along with their colleagues and Brenda's fiance. Seven years later, they've built a successful computer security firm and in their free time, they use their code-reading skills to seek terrorist activity on the Internet ...more
Joanne
Feb 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
I've read Jeanne Dams, who writes British cozies, and was interested to see her in this joint authorship. This book is a thriller, with two interesting protagonists who run a computer security agency that goes after terrorists after 9/11.

The plot gets pretty silly halfway through the book when the nerdy male half of the pair suddenly turns into the equivalent of Jason Bourne and rampages through Europe. And the Bad Guys are pretty obvious. And for the plot to move it requires a suspension of di
Mark
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Interesting book on how 2 computer geeks stopped for coffe making them late for work at the world trade center on 9/11. They then started a security firm and did work tracking terrorists in between jobs.
Barry Rocklin
Bought because it had the name Mark Richard Zubro's name on it as co-author, this is not written in his voice at all. I haven't read other D'Amato, but given my choice, I'd read a Zubro book then another of these "collaborations".
Jeanne
Feb 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Really interesting.
Sean Ballentine
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very fast paced and exciting. Loved every page!
Jroge0202
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this book about the paranoid, conspiracy theory society that we live in today and the fact that this could actually happen. AND YOU CAN"T STOP IT.
James
Apr 10, 2010
Ray
Apr 09, 2011
Aka Malacai Black

Barbara D'Amato has had a checkered career, working in the distant past as an assistant surgical orderly, carpenter for stage magic illusions, assistant tiger handler, stage manager, researcher for attorneys in criminal cases, and recently sometimes teaching mystery writing to Chicago police officers.

"Writing is the greatest job of all," D'Amato says. "I get to hang around with co