Start by marking “The Perfect Christmas” as Want to Read:

The Perfect Christmas

WHAT WOULD MAKE YOUR CHRISTMAS PERFECT?

For Cassie Beaumont, it's meeting her perfect match. Cassie, at thirty-three, wants a husband and kids, and so far, nothing's worked. Not blind dates, not the Internet and certainly not leaving love to chance.

What's left? A professional matchmaker. He's Simon Dodson, and he's very choosy about the clients he takes on. Cassie finds Sim
Published September 29th 2009 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Christmas

Mandy
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely book! Just the right cozy novel I needed this time of year. A nice, little romance story with a happy ending. Can't wait to read more by this author. If you like a romance novel with laughs and happiness then you will love this book! Highly recommend for this time of the year. Great to read all snuggled up next to your loved one with a cup of cocoa.
Kat
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-n
This was another sweet Christmas novella length story that was perfect for getting into the holiday spirit. Cassie works in a lab where she spends all day alone with her microscope, and her best friend Angie, and doesn’t get to meet… well, anyone new except plastics samples, let alone men. So when her friend recommends a matchmaker, she doesn’t dismiss the idea completely.

Simon, the matchmaker, isn’t exactly a warm, fuzzy character. He’s pretty type-A, and tells Cassie she’ll have to complete t
MelissaB
Oh my this book was NOT for me. It reads like a cheesy Hallmark movie without any of the good emotional part of a romance novel. There was also no sexual tension or love scenes - just lukewarm kisses. The characters were cardboardy and seemed fakely wholesome - I couldn't relate to any of them. Blah Blah Blah - that's what I was thinking as I read it. No more Debbie Macomber for me, this is the poor man's non-romancy romance.
Sarah BT
Dec 30, 2009 rated it liked it
So I've never read a Debbie Macomber book and I really didn't think I would. Her books are cozy romances and grandma's read them. I even met Ms. Macomber at ALA and she was very sweet, but I didn't really think about picking up one of her books.

But then I was in the mood for a cozy holiday read and this showed up when I started searching for Christmas books. I have to say, if you're in the mood for a light and fun fast read, read a Debbie Macomber book. I finished this one in two nights-which i
Janice
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Read this on the kindle

Enjoy this one must say that the fee the matchmaker asked was stupid maybe the very rich could afford it but other than that a nice story guessed the ending
Marian
Jan 31, 2012 added it
I found this book to be a great read at a great price. Here are some of my thoughts.

Short Introduction: Cassie is a 30 something biologist who begins to grow discouraged about love as the holiday season approaches. Her best friend Angie offers her the number of a professional matchmaker named Simon Dodson.

After a few meetings with Dr. Dodson, he believes that he has found a most suitable match for Cassie. But before he'll introduce her to her dream guy, he requests that she perform 3 holiday tas
Dawn
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
This book was much better than A Cedar Cove Christmas in that it wasn't packed full of cringe-worthy puns. I enjoyed the story. Is it cheesy? Yes it is, but I still liked it.

Spoiler:

My only draw back is how quickly they fell in love. It wasn't a love at first type kind of love but I thought it was odd that she assumed he loved her because he was showing obvious attraction. Why wouldn't you assume that he liked you and wanted to be with you? Why assume that it must be love and he's already picki
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: rabid Macomber fans only
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
I'm surprised that such a skilled author as Debbie Macomber would put so little effort into making this a good book. The plot was lame, the hero's point of view was never shown, we are at a loss to understand his motivations. When Macomber tries to explain them at the end, it is poorly done, sounds like an essay.

The heroine never gained any respect from me. Her motivations are shown, but the actions she takes based on them baffled me. I never figured out why she fell in love with the one she did
Marilyn
I can't believe I had to manually enter this book-Good Reads didn't have it. Anyway,this is just a quicky read. Debbie Macomber always writes a cutsie love story and I needed a light romance after reading two emotionally charged books-

This is about a 30 something woman whose biological clock is ticking and she pays a matchmaker $30,000.00 to find her a husband. But first he gives her 3 tasks to complete before he matches her with the prospective mate. So far it's cute, if it was a movie it would
Christina/ The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life!
The Perfect Christmas: An Anthology
By: Debbie Macomber
2 Books in one The Perfect Christmas and Can this be Christmas?
Fiction, Humor, Romance, Holidays, Christmas

The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas Casssie is getting older and longs to settle down and have children. After a dismal dating spell, she turns to an expensive professional matchmaker named Simon. Unbeknownst to Cassie, Simon’s methods are extremely unorthodox.

What will Cassie do when Simon’s assignments for love lead to mayhem a
Kimberly
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, read-2018
I snuck in one more book during this busy holiday week. It was an incredibly light, quick read which is just what I needed while we had family in town. The story was definitely predictable and I didn’t quite connect with the love interest, but it had a few sweet and entertaining moments. What I enjoyed most was the three Christmas themed tasks that the MC had to complete in order to find her perfect match. She had to volunteer for a four-hour shift as a bell ringer, be one of Santa’s elves at ma ...more
Vanessa
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
A short and sweet vanilla romance for people who prefer happy endings and not much steam. There was a tiny bit of romantic tension and some scenes I could imagine being a good romantic comedy, particularly with the wacky assortment of neighbors. Overall, it was just okay. I think I am not Macomber's target audience (which is older white women who love cozy happily ever afters). I can appreciate coziness, especially in a Christmas romance but I like there to be a bit more depth to the characters, ...more
Jackie Lane
Sep 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a laugh out loud, funny Christmas Story.

33 year old Cassie Beaumont received a Christmas photo before Thanksgiving and seeks to find the "perfect Christmas". When she was younger her father left her family during the holiday season and now she is looking to find love, marriage and a family, which, to date, have alluded both her andher brother. She employes the services of a matchmaker, recommended by her friend Angie.

The matchmaker tells her she needs to complete 3 task before he will
FlibBityFLooB
This book was a boilerplate for predictable and blah romance. I wanted to like it, but I was left very unimpressed.

Plus, it aggrevated me that someone would pay $30,000 !?!?!?!?! for a matchmaker who was about as exciting as paint drying on the wall. On top of everything, I didn't even buy the romance at the end of the story. It was one of those -- yeah, you're in love... surreeee.

Serves me right for picking up a random audiobook from the library. :P
Sara Emme
Un po’ strano. Non ho capito a cosa è dovuto il comportamento del protagonista...l’autrice non da nessuna spiegazione a riguardo. L’idea è carina ma non è sviluppata proprio bene! Peccato!
Avid Series Reader
A light heart-warming tale set in modern-day Seattle WA, with subtle messages of Christmas spirit

Reader's Guide on the author's website: http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.c...

***SPOILERS***
It was obvious from the beginning that Angie & Shawn, Cassie & Simon would end up 'happily-ever-after'.

I was most interested in reading about the dinner task, because a big holiday dinner is a challenge many of us take on at least once. I was a bit disappointed that the reality was completely glosse
Kathryn
Aug 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Anne Marie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Kindle version contained two different stories (The Perfect Christmas, Can This Be Christmas) as well as some extras, including an interview with Debbie Macomber and some holiday recipes. I found both stories in this book to be cheery and nice, light holiday reading. In The Perfect Christmas, thirty-something Cassie pays $30k to matchmaker Simon to find her perfect husband and have a perfect Christmas (gag reflex engaged). Simon challenges her to complete three tasks, where she learns more ...more
Wendy
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Christmas was a light-hearted holiday romance. Cassie, 33 years old and still single, is hoping to meet the perfect man to have the perfect Christmas. Since she has tried a lot of other avenues with no success (online dating), she turns to the services of matchmaker Simon Dodson. He comes with a high price tag but offers a money-back guarantee if things don't work out. Cassie finds him to be insulting and rude but he still takes her on as a client. He requires her to do three tasks, ...more
Barbara
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story was a nice story however the story at the end called "Can This be Christmas" touched me more than the beginning story. It was a tale of several people including children being stranded in a snow storm in an old railroad depot. Most of them started out either sad or angry at life and circumstances they had no control over. What happened at the Depot changed their outlook on life and them and made all the difference to each of them. They were all strangers at the beginning and ended up ...more
Kay
Apr 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
Julie Barrett
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber
Cathy has decided to use a professsional matchmaker as she's had no luck on her own or her girlfriends blind dates.
Simon is the professional psychologist that has a dating service as well.
He's told her she needs to do a few tasks first then she will meet Mr. Right-John.
She's a bell ringer around the Christmas holidays near a store and finds some good people out there and some not so good people that left money for the pot.
Her next task is to fly in to meet
Suzy Manning
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: macomber-debbie
really liked The "Perfect Christmas' but loved "Can this be Christmas".

The Perfect Christmas is the tale of a woman who consults a matchmaker and the trials he puts her through.

Can This Be Christmas is the story of a group of people stranded on a train and then in a train station of Christmas Eve. The interactions between the strangers is a prime example of why Debbie Macomber is the "Queen of the Christmas Story"
Stacey
Jan 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm going to stop picking random books from the new release shelf at the library. I've never read this author before. The book is predictable, poorly written, unconvincing and dull. I actually fell asleep when the main characters were finally professing their love.
It only takes and hour or two to read and is very PG.
Becky
Started this one while wrapping Christmas gifts and finished it while traveling home for Christmas. A fun holiday romance. I must admit that I am not sure exactly why Cassie falls for Simon. He is smart, but often cold. I am not sure I really buy the change of heart at the end.
Lavendersbluegreen
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book this morning! I love Debbie's books and I love Christmas so of course her holiday books are a MUST READ each year. This one was super good and I hope they make it a movie like they did Mrs. Miracle!
Krystal
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this easy to read Christmastime novel! It was exactly what I was seeking. Light hearted, humorous, and seasonal. I have all ready recommended this to MANY people. This is a must read for individuals looking for a holiday tale!
Joann
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
☣Lynn☣
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it

A quick and cozy romance perfect for the holidays.
Me
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie notes that she chuckled to herself several times while writing this story and there were indeed parts where I as the reader, chuckled too. A cute, funny, feel good Christmas tale.
Would You Pay $30,000 To Find The Perfect Husband? 1 8 Feb 02, 2014 06:34PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Perfect Christmas 1 3 Jun 28, 2012 07:28PM
Mocha Girls Read: Book of the Month: The Perfect Christmas 11 33 Jan 06, 2012 09:54AM
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • The Christmas Shoppe
  • Christmas with Tucker (A Dog Named Christmas #0.5)
  • Holiday Affair (Kismet, Michigan, #2)
  • The Snow Globe
  • The Christmas Blessing (Christmas Hope, #2)
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Silver Bells
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • Christmas Jars Reunion
  • The Christmas Tree
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
“Maybe money can't buy love - but it can get you practically everything else.” 26 likes