Start by marking “New Thunderbolts, Volume 1: One Step Forward” as Want to Read:
New Thunderbolts, Volume 1: One Step Forward

New Thunderbolts, Volume 1: One Step Forward

(New Thunderbolts (Collected Editions) #1)

From the ashes of the Avengers, a new group of heroes springs forth - all of whom happen to be former villains New Thunderbolts signals a return to greatness for one of Marvel's longest-running titles of the last decade But does this new team have the backbone to support the hopes and dreams of an entire city? Guest-starring Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Collecting: New Thunder
Published June 15th 2005 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about New Thunderbolts, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Thunderbolts, Volume 1

Start your review of New Thunderbolts, Volume 1: One Step Forward
Tym
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like this series, great group of B-Listers
B
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Pretty straightforward. Seems like they just picked whatever villains were lying around, though.
Arnoldo
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Fun. A bit simple, but clearly deals with the hiding of one's purpose, motivation, lack of trust among other very human things in an otherwise supernatural world.
Holden Attradies
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really can't get enough of the T-Bolts. That being said, I've been getting their TPB's and reading way out of chronological order and have found it hard to follow their plots. Especially Pre-Civil War it's hard to follow what exactly is going on with them because there end up being so many complex layers of secret plots and what not.

It wasn't to bad in this volume, although you could definitely feel the strings being pulled. And the second half of it was a little heavy on the super hero collat
Todd
I've read every issue of Thunderbolts up until some time when they got stuck in time. I really wish the original run with Jolt and Charcoal would get collected at some point. I'm having trouble remembering what was going on with Moonstone and Zemo.

Songbird is here and I do love her. I wish she got more love from people. Atlas is another character I'd love to see in the MCU.

I think there is a reason that I barely remember Joystick, Blizzard, and Speed Demon. I just don't care about them. They're
Carles Muñoz Miralles
Un título demasiado enraizado en la continuidad más oscura de Marvel. Demasiado complejo para atraer nuevos lectores.
Ola
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Kind of chaotic... I got the feeling that the story of the original Thunderbolts would have been more interesting.
Stephan van Velzen
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
I couldn't follow this story very well. It just seemed kinda random, jumping from place to place. The tie-in to Wolverine: Enemy of the State made it even worse, honestly.
Angela
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
A fresh start for the team, with some old and new faces. They do their best but a lot of people want them to fail. Not a bad start to a new series.
Jdetrick
Very solid comics. It's missing a little of what made the original Thunderbolts successful, but it's certainly got potential.
David
Jul 14, 2016
Jorge Lopez
Jun 19, 2016
Maris
rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2015

• Moon Knight, Volume 1: The Bottom
  • Ultimate X-Men Collection, Book 2
  • X-23: Innocence Lost
  • Captain America (2004-2011) #10
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.

New Thunderbolts (Collected Editions) (3 books)
  • New Thunderbolts, Volume 2: Modern Marvels