Start by marking “The Once And Future Prince (Castaldini Crown, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Once And Future Prince (Castaldini Crown, #1)

The Once And Future Prince

(Castaldini Crown #1)

At Her Royal Ex-Lover's Command

He would have been king of Castaldini...until scandal sent Prince Leandro D'Agostino into exile. Now Phoebe Alexander, his secret lover who'd refused to leave with him, had come to convince him to accept his rightful crown. But the pain of betrayal still coursed through Leandro's veins. He would rule only if Phoebe bowed to his wi
Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1942, 179 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Once And Future Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Once And Future Prince

Start your review of The Once And Future Prince (Castaldini Crown, #1)
Maire
Jun 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Once and Future King by Olivia Gates
(Leandro D’Agostino & Phoebe Alexander)
This was the first book in the trilogy. Leandro & Phoebe are two people hurting from the anguish and deception of the past. Leandro comes across in the beginning of the book as an unforgiving man who doesn’t need anyone in his life. Phoebe is the one person that can help Leandro if he’ll let her. Phoebe is his past, a past that he wants to forget. The real star of this series will not be uncovered
Linda
Aug 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gave-away, romance
Read another book in this series first, then this one. Didn't really effect my enjoyment of the story though. A little far fetched, he breaks her heart twice, and she still takes him back, but I was still rooting for him in the end. The book makes me want to visit this make believe place, to see how beautiful it really is in person.
Maria Lina
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Once and Future Prince. I only hope that this review expresses my appreciation and admiration for Olivia Gates' writing and story telling talent and how beautifully she uses words to paint pictures and to bring to the mind's eye so many wonderful metaphors that at times it seemed poetic. I found thee imagery that she's created, and has woven through the entire book, to be captivating and sensual. Let me elaborate.

We'll start with Leandro and Phoebe's relat
Tia
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really love the emotional depths this author went in this book. It was great to read and feel everything the hero and heroine were. Also the fact that the hero owned up to his mistakes and actually begged, that was totally epic! The hero was a good quality hero all around once he shaped up and the heroine was a complete and utter goddess to put up with everything she went through, including the emotional tear down from the hero. Totally worth the read!
Stella Rhys
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to start this review with a declaration. Olivia Gates' status as a USA Today Bestselling Author, while deserved, is not enough. She is a master at description. This romance novel tells a passion-filled tale of lust, love and betrayal. A slew of emotions are drawn from you with just a few of Ms Gates' artful words.

Here are some of my favourite lines from the prologue alone:

"He prowled toward her, his shirt phosphorescent in the dimness, unbuttoned to the waist, reve
Joy
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I want to go to Castaldini, even live there. Olivia Gates brings this fictional Mediterranean kingdom to such vivid life, I felt I was there, breathing its air and having its sun on my skin. Leandro and Phoebe have a tormented past together, and they'd both been exiled, one from his kingdom and everything he's loved, starting by her, while she was exiled from her very heart and any hope of happiness when she lost him. Finding their way back to each other was wonderful and when it all goes wrong ...more
Jenn - Reviews
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Once & Future Prince is a story set in a fictional kingdom in the midst of upheaval. Castaldini needs a new king and Leandro is the best choice. That's the background.
The real story is about two people rebuilding a relationship that once fractured and tore both of them apart. Coming together again to save the kingdom, these two people Leandro and Phoebe, learn to trust both each other and themselves and learn how to live with openness and maturity.
The secondary characters in this story
Angela
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't recommend "The Once And Future Prince" (Castaldini Crown #1) by Olivia Gates highly enough.

I mean the intense, passionate way Olivia Gates writes is just freakin' awesome!! I don't know of anyone else who writes like that! I know it sounds corny but her unique style of writing just touches your heart and soul.

Please treat yourself to a rare reading experience that you can relate to, whoever you are. Seriously, aren't we all just trying to find that special someone "who was b
Tanya Mayes
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire
This is a must read book. This is the story of lust, betrayal, unrequited love, renewed love, and learning of trust. Leondro and Phoebe is a passionate couple because of a misunderstanding spent 8 years apart only to come back together and find out that the fire still burns between them but both are very cautious to let go again.
Tara
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The CAstaldini Crown is very different from Throne of Judar, the first series I read for Olivia Gates, but it's just as fantastic. This first book in the series is so lush and heart-wrenching I adored it. I still prefer Throne of Judar but this is head and shoulders above most books I read anyway.
Lena Kyrollos
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Passionate, erotic, heart-wrenching and more. A wonderfully lush tale that engages all your senses and emotions from the first line to the last and a wonderful beginning to the Castaldini Crown trilogy!
Mariah
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Once and Future Prince was a wonderful start to the Castaldini Crown trilogy. Leandro and Phoebe burned the pages with their passion and broke my heart with their insecurities and heartaches. Loved it!!
Jennifer Mcpherson
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome!!! I'm never disappointed when I'm reading an Olivia Gates book...well done .. Thanks your gift is magnificent...
Ashley F
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted @ http://tsukibooks.blogspot.com

This was another book I got as part of a library bundle for my kindle. I started out reading the bundle just for the one Maya Banks book in the Anetakis series but I read a few of the other ones too. This was my favorite of the bundle and I've been playing with just buying the kindle edition so I can reread it at my leisure.

This one had all the elements I love in a Harlequin book.

1. Take an alpha male.
2. Take a female with backbone
3. Mix in some
Marie Andersson
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved!!!
Chi Udeh
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a book with so much passion... It really was an awesome couple of hours...really loved it
2.5 Stars

Full review coming soon...
Joy

8 years later.

Exiled Prince Leandro D'Agostino.

...being unable to call himself of the royal house of D’Agostino, ceased to be a Castaldinian, hadn’t been the worst injury he’d sustained. That had been her betrayal. Her desertion.

And she was on her way here. To negotiate on his former King’s behalf. Or was it her own?

It could be the latter, disguised as the first.

As if he’d fall for her again.

Whatever she was coming for, he wasn’t lett/>
...being
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Caro
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: h-mnb
I really enjoyed this book. It had enough going on to keep me interested and some parts were page-turning. There were some really steamy scenes, great characters, exciting conflicts, and a variety of emotions. The ending was great, couldn't put the book down at all at the end. Yay Ernesto, great job. I would read this again. Enjoy
Dee
This is another winner from Ms Gates. There are very few of her books that I don't like and this certainly isn't one of them!

Full review to follow
FOTINI
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The last chapters are too emotional written...
Brittney Bower
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never finished. It just could not keep my interested.
Natasja
Jul 06, 2010 rated it liked it
The King of Castaldini is very sick and has to select his successor soon. But there are strict rules of this small Island, the new king must be chosen freely, not just by bloodline. There are three men who could take over this position, but they all have made one major downfall in the past which makes them ineligible according to the law.

Leandro D’Agostino is the former prince and ambassador of Castaldini, and probably the best choice to be the next successor, but he was banished fro
Jane Stewart
Almost all of the conflicts were in the minds of the characters and based on inaccurate assumptions, which I did not enjoy.

STORY BRIEF:
In the Mediterranean Moorish country of Castaldini the royal council selects the king from descendants of the royal family, based on merit. Leandro is one of the candidates and has spent his life planning and proving himself capable. He fell in love with an American, Phoebe, but kept their relationship a secret, because it might have hurt his ch
Oky Septya
Apr 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, harlequin
Jadi intinya, ini gara-gara si Leandro itu a man of words, jadi dia ga mau ngasih janji yg ga bisa dia tepati. Salahnya dia disitu, dia ga ngasih kepastian jadinya Phobe ngerasa unsure deh dg posisinya di kehidupan Leandro. Miskom deh miskom. Coba kalo mereka mau saling terbuka ya kan jadinya ga harus berpisah selama 8 tahun.

Anyway, saya suka adegan Haremnya. Walopun plot dan adegan kipas2nya saya skip pas bacanya tapi detil tempat haremnya saya perhatikan banget. Haha. Abisnya keren
Michelle
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was filled with a lot of the secret pleasures I love in a book; royalty, commoner, and secret babies. That’s one of the great things about reading a Desire book, it’s a quick read filled with all the guilty pleasures I love to read. Now if they could just up the smexy factor, they would be my favorite reads. I did feel like this story needed a little more growth, explanation, or believability in the love story. I’m not sure if I felt that Prince Leandro was in love with Phoebe. Other t ...more
Theresa
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't love this book as much as I did all of Olivia Gates's book for some reason. I can't even put my finger on why. But I still loved it compared to most books I read because of her superlative writing. And the book *is* great, don't get me wrong, just not as great as some of her other books. But stick with the trilogy. The last book is MAGNIFICENT!
Dawn ♥ romance
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I couldn't get into this book. I really didn't understand the opening dissension in the relationship then most of the story was the characters thoughts about things. I didn't finish. Phoebe was Leandro secret lover until he is kicked out of his country.
Alecia Williams
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Billionaire Extraordinaire (The Medici Men #1; The Billionaires Club #3)
  • Wanted by Her Lost Love (Pregnancy & Passion, #2)
  • Spaniard's Baby of Revenge
  • Chosen as the Sheikh's Royal Bride
  • Her Forgotten Lover's Heir
  • The Marriage Possession
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my

Castaldini Crown (3 books)
  • The Prodigal Prince's Seduction (Castaldini Crown, #2)
  • The Illegitimate King (Castaldini Crown #3)