Start by marking “The Family He Wanted (Fostering Family, #2) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1968)” as Want to Read:
The Family He Wanted (Fostering Family, #2) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1968)

The Family He Wanted (Fostering Family, #2) (Fostering Family #2)

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

Raised without a father, Jana McPartland did not want the same for her unborn baby. So when the daddy-to-be took a hike, she turned to her closest friend, Sam Harrison. He'd always been her refuge from the storm...and this was one heck of a hurricane she'd found herself in.

The bestselling novelist offered her a roof over her head, a paycheck for her hard work and all the s

Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Family He Wanted (Fostering Family, #2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family He Wanted (Fostering Family, #2)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I have to say that this book really put my emotions through the ringer. Sam is a very tortured soul. You wouldn't have believed it by reading the blurb. You would think that Jana was the lost soul that needed saving. Jana got pregnant by her loser boyfriend, who promptly ran out on her. She goes to Sam for a place to stay briefly until she can find away to keep herself off the streets until the baby comes and she can give it up for adoption. So going into this book, you think that Sam will be he ...more
Rane
This was a quick simple read, nothing heavy or with alot of depth even with the subject matter being about foster children and surprise pregnancy.

Both lead characters were hard headed to the point of being idiots. Even as they slowly come to terms with their trouble childhoods one or both kept on running away from each other, giving you very long and boring monologue throughout the book as there was a major lack of secondary characters to push the story along smoother.

Almost a sparse feeling
AJ Best
Jul 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was quite good. I was shocked that I found the depth of character that I did in it. Now don't start booing and hissing at me already. It's not that I don't like Harlequin, it's just that I couldn't imagine that the ass that was Sam Harrison could turn himself around and become the man that Jana needed and the baby deserved. I was shocked that the author took so long to pull the male character around and have the characters have some happily ever after. I was quite happy with the ending ...more
Paige
May 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2012-books
THE FAMILY HE WANTED is the complete opposite of what Best-Seller thriller author Sam Harrison has in mind for himself. With a childhood like his, full of people constantly leaving him and giving him away, Sam is the type of guy that sends his latest girlfriend off with a flashy present the minute he feels her wanting more. I’m not sure where this title came from and that really frustrates me and takes away from the story.

Just booting his latest girlfriend, Sam finds childhood friend, Jana McPa
Harlequin Historical
Pregnant and alone, Jana turns to her best friend, Sam. He helps her find a place, gives her a job, and safety but she wants more from him. He is super afraid of relationships, always ends them before they get serious. But with Jana it is different. She is a friend first and his feelings for her are beginning to get to be to much but he just can't ignore them.

Good read that delves into deep emotions.
Laura's Book Addiction
3.6
Michelle
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: traded-sold
This was a decent short Silhouette. The heroine was a little too tough, always saying "I don't need any help", and the hero was almost stupidly commitment-phobic.
Sarah Evans
Horrid cover, but great pacing and interesting characters.
SheLove2Read
Got this book from Tell Harlequin. Nothing I despise more than a secret baby storyline. Ugh.
Gizzard
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x2011
OK, too much work put into overwrought emotions.
Donna
Very good story with likable characters. But it could have been a bit longer with more details or events. It seems sparse. And with such good characters and storyline you want more.
PWRL
Jan 10, 2012
Donna Alward
Dec 16, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Karen Sandler is the author of 24 books for adults and teens. Her adult romance novels include the Pen Pal Sisterhood series and the Transcendent Love series. Her mystery series, Janelle Watkins Investigations, features a hard-edged heroine and gritty stories. Her young adult Tankborn Trilogy is multicultural science fiction with current day themes.

In addition to writing novels, Karen loves riding
More about Karen Sandler...

Fostering Family (2 books)
  • Their Second-Chance Child (Fostering Family, #1) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1955)