Start by marking “Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!” as Want to Read:
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

Join Mouse fromIf You Give a Mouse a Cookieas he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

This board book with sturdy pages is perfect for preschoolers, who will enjoy the simple introduction to the fun of Valentine's Day.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," saidSchool Library Journal."Each valentine is made to represent
Board Book, 24 pages
Published December 17th 2019 by Balzer + Bray (first published November 24th 2008)

Start your review of Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
Kathryn
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
So, it’s cute and sweet sweet how Mouse makes the valentines to match his friends’ interests. Sooo, I’m probably just being “bah humbug” but I didn’t love the reasons Mouse gave for liking his friends. He loves Cat because he’s strong, Moose because he’s a good artist, Pig because she’s a good dancer. I don’t like the message this sends. We should love our friends for who they are and how they make us feel — not because of their talents.
Holly Letson
As a child, I loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Back then, it was a standalone, instead of a series. So, I have not read many of the other *Mouse* series books.

Overall, this was enjoyable. I still prefer the original.
Rossy
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
It's Valentine's Day and Mouse is making a valentine for each of his friends, and letting us know why he loves each one!
Finally, they all show up unexpectedly at his door, showering mouse with valentine's cookies! :)
Lisa
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," said School Library Journal. "Each valentine is made to represent what he loves most about each of his friends, such as Pig 'because she's a good dancer' and Bunny 'because she's the
Steven R. McEvoy
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Overall I am not terribly fond of these books. But this one is better than most in the series. My daughter and I read it and she loved it.
Amanda
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
It's ok. Mouse loves his friends for very conditional reasons (they hide well or whatever), which is relate-able for kids but annoying for me. I haven't read any of the other Mouse books except If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and I was disappointed that this one wasn't like that one (which I love). My toddler liked it well enough.
Nora Manriquez
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing. This book is great to read to children to when it is almost Valentines Days so they can learn about how to make Valentines Day cards and it will be informative if the someone doesn't know what Valentines Day is. Also if you have read all the book of this series children will be happy to see all the characters in a single book.
Lauren Holmes
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-class-books
A cute story about a mouse who wants to make a valentine for all of his friends. He talks about the reasons why he likes each friend. This can be used to talk about friendship. It can also be used to talk about what makes different people unique.
Cara
"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" is a classic and I've adored most of the books that have followed in its wake. "Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!" is no exception. It's much shorter than the original, but with the same illustrations and cute plot, it's easy to love. My son enjoyed reading it.
Danielle Quintero
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read for Valentines day or the day before, also great for friendships when teaching a lesson on that. Mouse loves his friends so much, that he cannot wait to make valentine cards for them, telling them exactly what he loves about them each!
Tabitha Vanover
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for Valentines Day. It promotes love and friendship. Mouse was getting all him cards together for all his special friends only for them to show up expectedly with cookies for mouse. I love love love this book. I love all Laura Joffe Numeroff.
Zariah Walton
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-choice-5
Since I am such a huge fan of this author, I chose to read this one too. This book is cool to read on Valentine’s Day and allows extra love to be spread to all children, especially the once’s who may not receive it on the daily at home.
Hannah Berenzweig
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice and easy read for children who may just be beginning to read. This book shares a lot of love for friends and gratefulness for good friends. It is good and useful for children to learn good qualities that their friends may have as well, which is shown throughout this book.
Lee Ann
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites
So good, the kids made me read it to them T H R E E T I M E S I N A R O W, a whole month A F T E R Valentine's Day. And every time we got to the last page they'd throw their hands in the air and yell, "HAPPY VALIMTIMES DAY, MOUSE!" Classic.
Holly Cales
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A sweet little board book to read to little ones.
Keely DeRiggs
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-class-2115
I loved these books as a child. I also enjoy the illustrations. I liked this book because the mouse was appreciated each of his friends for their own special qualities.
Kathryn
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book about really thinking about what our friends would enjoy for a gift and not being generic.
Brhea P
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The illustrations were fun, and I like that the author characters from the other books in the collection. It is a great way to explain Valentine's day to children.
Gayle
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
How could this be anything but fabulous? All the friends, and the love ... and a cookie!
Meredith
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mouse makes Valentines for his friends.
Angie Carter
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't enjoy reading a Valentine's Day book in March? Haha, typical procrastinator!
Austin Wright
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Drawn in an abstract style, with a simple story. I think there are better books to read to children.
Lateesh Corbitt
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great story of love and friendship. The book is durable and sturdy for young children. Great holiday-themed book.
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
ISBN: 978-0-06-180432-8
List Price: 6.99
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My four-year-old niece loves this book. It's short and sweet and we read it every time we are together.
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A favorite board book since my kids were little.
Rosa Cline
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, 2017, valentines
This book takes Mouse and he wants to make Valentine's for all his friends (all the friends from the "If you take a Mouse..." books) and each page tells why Mouse likes each friend like why they are so special to him.
Radhika
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Introducing the mystery genre to kids in a unique way

Flamingoes and valentines and lots and lots love.
Angie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A $7 book that I got for $1 at Walmarts Valentine's Day clearance aisle.

Such a simple little cute story.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Down by the Station
  • From Head to Toe
  • Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf
  • Owl Babies
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Love Monster
  • Llama Llama I Love You
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • The Carrot Seed
  • Leo the Late Bloomer
  • Ten Little Ladybugs
  • The Nose Book
  • The Day It Rained Hearts
Laura Joffe Numeroff is the New York Times bestselling author of author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Raising a Hero, and What Mommies/Daddies Do Best. She was born in Brooklyn, New York and graduated from Pratt Institute. Laura grew up as the youngest of three girls, surrounded by art, music, and books. An avid animal lover, Laura has always wanted to write a book about service dogs. She now ...more