Start by marking “Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!” as Want to Read:
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

This board book with sturdy pages is perfect for preschoolers, who will enjoy the simple introduction to the fun of Valentine's Day.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," said School Library Journal. "Each valentine is made to repre
Board Book, 24 pages
Published December 17th 2019 by Balzer + Bray (first published November 24th 2008)

Start your review of Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
Kathryn
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
So, it’s cute and sweet sweet how Mouse makes the valentines to match his friends’ interests. Sooo, I’m probably just being “bah humbug” but I didn’t love the reasons Mouse gave for liking his friends. He loves Cat because he’s strong, Moose because he’s a good artist, Pig because she’s a good dancer. I don’t like the message this sends. We should love our friends for who they are and how they make us feel — not because of their talents.
Rossy
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
It's Valentine's Day and Mouse is making a valentine for each of his friends, and letting us know why he loves each one!
Finally, they all show up unexpectedly at his door, showering mouse with valentine's cookies! :)
Holly Letson
As a child, I loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Back then, it was a standalone, instead of a series. So, I have not read many of the other *Mouse* series books.

Overall, this was enjoyable. I still prefer the original.
Steven R. McEvoy
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Overall I am not terribly fond of these books. But this one is better than most in the series. My daughter and I read it and she loved it.
Lisa
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," said School Library Journal. "Each valentine is made to represent what he loves most about each of his friends, such as Pig 'because she's a good dancer' and Bunny 'because she's the bes
Sidney Chumbler
This book is about Valentines day and how mouse is thankful for all of his friends. This is my favorite books from her board books. It tells why mouse is thankful for all of his friends. Most of his friends are in other books as well. It is really cute and a well thought out book. Fell completely in love with it.
Kendal Pursel
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
Genre: Modern Fantasy
Grade level: PreK-2nd grade

This book is obviously great for Valentine's Day. I feel like this book can teach children that it is important to love our friends and to appreciate the things we like about those friends. While it is a short book, I think it provides a good message, even if that message is not obvious. I like how simple, yet colorful all of the illustrations are throughout the book. I think children will like this book if they are familiar with other books by thi
Amanda
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
It's ok. Mouse loves his friends for very conditional reasons (they hide well or whatever), which is relate-able for kids but annoying for me. I haven't read any of the other Mouse books except If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and I was disappointed that this one wasn't like that one (which I love). My toddler liked it well enough. ...more
Ali Book&Seaglasshunter
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pb-read-2020
The Mouse books aren’t my favorite, but of course my kids like them so we’ve read a few. This one just seems like they told the author to come up with a Valentine’s story in an hour. It’s one of those books that you know was only produced because the characters sell well. Basically The story is that Mouse makes Valentines Cards for each of his friends based on one of their talents or interests. Just not much to make this one special.
Nora Manriquez
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing. This book is great to read to children to when it is almost Valentines Days so they can learn about how to make Valentines Day cards and it will be informative if the someone doesn't know what Valentines Day is. Also if you have read all the book of this series children will be happy to see all the characters in a single book.
Kimberly Medley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse is a books about friendship and mouse knowing each of his friends. Each card that Mouse made for his friends he personalizes them based on what each friend like to do. This book could be good for teachers to use in the month of February and have the children find out their friends interests.
Jada
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great holiday book because it not only talked about Valentine’s Day but friendship. I would use this book in my class during February to talk about how each friend we have is special. It brings together social emotional and holiday. The illustrations in themselves were entertaining because it showed why mouse loves each friend and included himself in the card.
Ashley Zuniga
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book includes colorful illustrations of Mouse making Valentine's card for his friends. The vocabulary of this book is rather very simple. The illustrations are eye catching for children to pay attention to detail. I would recommend using this book around Valentine's Day or to introduce friendship.
Trenea Martin
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: peer-instructor
"Happy valentine's day, Mouse!", is an adorable book to read to young children on Valentine's day. This book has a very colorful illustration that will help keep children engaged. This book is also good when discussing how to use kind words. Also, this book is not long which is great for young children.
Lee Ann
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites
So good, the kids made me read it to them T H R E E T I M E S I N A R O W, a whole month A F T E R Valentine's Day. And every time we got to the last page they'd throw their hands in the air and yell, "HAPPY VALIMTIMES DAY, MOUSE!" Classic.
Hannah Berenzweig
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice and easy read for children who may just be beginning to read. This book shares a lot of love for friends and gratefulness for good friends. It is good and useful for children to learn good qualities that their friends may have as well, which is shown throughout this book.
Cara
"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" is a classic and I've adored most of the books that have followed in its wake. "Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!" is no exception. It's much shorter than the original, but with the same illustrations and cute plot, it's easy to love. My son enjoyed reading it.
Danielle Quintero
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read for Valentines day or the day before, also great for friendships when teaching a lesson on that. Mouse loves his friends so much, that he cannot wait to make valentine cards for them, telling them exactly what he loves about them each!
Lauren Holmes
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-class-books
A cute story about a mouse who wants to make a valentine for all of his friends. He talks about the reasons why he likes each friend. This can be used to talk about friendship. It can also be used to talk about what makes different people unique.
Zariah Walton
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-choice-5
Since I am such a huge fan of this author, I chose to read this one too. This book is cool to read on Valentine’s Day and allows extra love to be spread to all children, especially the once’s who may not receive it on the daily at home.
Zachary Thompson
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely adorable book. I think the way Mouse makes valentine's that are personal for his friends is great. I think this story can show children platonic love and how valuable that is. The illustrations are nicely detailed and colorful. Overall I enjoyed this book.
Kierra Davis
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book can help explain Valentine’s Day and what is represents. I love the simple text of it, it’s not too wordy. Very inspiring to young children to love their friends and kindness goes along way.
Jewel
Feb 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book was just okay but did not have the greatest messages. Mouse loved his friends for their talents and not for who they were. This is clearly meant to be read for Valentine's Day so I do not think much thought was put into the book. I would not recommend this book for reading any other time.
Jessica Buchanan
I enjoyed the book because Mouse shows why he loves his friends, which shows his friendships. It shows that he knows who they are and i found it really sweet. It was cute how at the end all of his friends showed up and gave him cards as well.
Sereen Hudaib
A good book to use for social-emotional lessons, also to raise self-awareness and how each one is different and incomparable. The illustration is unique and attractive for children. This book teaches about friendship and how friends really know each other.
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My four-year-old niece loves this book. It's short and sweet and we read it every time we are together.
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
ISBN: 978-0-06-180432-8
List Price: 6.99
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A favorite board book since my kids were little.
Angie Carter
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't enjoy reading a Valentine's Day book in March? Haha, typical procrastinator!
Austin Wright
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Drawn in an abstract style, with a simple story. I think there are better books to read to children.
« previous 1 3 next »
Valentines Day 2018 1 1 Feb 17, 2017 01:41AM
Happy valentines day quotes valentines day messages 1 1 Dec 17, 2016 03:02AM
happy valentines day quotes valentines day messages 1 1 Dec 16, 2016 04:25AM

• ABC T-Rex
  • Sheep in a Jeep
  • The Going to Bed Book
  • Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf
  • Should I Share My Ice Cream? (Elephant & Piggie, #15)
  • The Carrot Seed
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Curious George
  • Inch by Inch
  • Amazing Grace
  • Llama Llama I Love You
  • The Watermelon Seed
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • Mouse Paint
  • Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Today I Feel Silly  Other Moods That Make My Day
  • In the Tall, Tall Grass
Laura Joffe Numeroff is the NYT best-selling author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, What Mommies/Daddies Do Best and Raising a Hero. She was born in Brooklyn, New York and graduated from Pratt Institute. Laura grew up as the youngest of three girls, surrounded by art, music, and books. An avid animal lover, Laura has always wanted to write a book about service dogs. She now lives in Los Angel ...more

News & Interviews