Start by marking “Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!” as Want to Read:
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  745 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

This board book with sturdy pages is perfect for preschoolers, who will enjoy the simple introduction to the fun of Valentine's Day.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," said School Library Journal. "Each valentine is made to repre
Board Book, 24 pages
Published November 24th 2009 by Balzer + Bray (first published November 24th 2008)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Holly Letson
As a child, I loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Back then, it was a standalone, instead of a series. So, I have not read many of the other *Mouse* series books.

Overall, this was enjoyable. I still prefer the original.
Rossy
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
It's Valentine's Day and Mouse is making a valentine for each of his friends, and letting us know why he loves each one!
Finally, they all show up unexpectedly at his door, showering mouse with valentine's cookies! :)
Lisa
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.

"This title follows Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends," said School Library Journal. "Each valentine is made to represent what he loves most about each of his friends, such as Pig 'because she's a good dancer' and Bunny 'because she's the bes
Steven R. McEvoy
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Overall I am not terribly fond of these books. But this one is better than most in the series. My daughter and I read it and she loved it.
Cara
"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" is a classic and I've adored most of the books that have followed in its wake. "Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!" is no exception. It's much shorter than the original, but with the same illustrations and cute plot, it's easy to love. My son enjoyed reading it.
Danielle Quintero
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read for Valentines day or the day before, also great for friendships when teaching a lesson on that. Mouse loves his friends so much, that he cannot wait to make valentine cards for them, telling them exactly what he loves about them each!
Hannah Berenzweig
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice and easy read for children who may just be beginning to read. This book shares a lot of love for friends and gratefulness for good friends. It is good and useful for children to learn good qualities that their friends may have as well, which is shown throughout this book.
Lee Ann
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2018
So good, the kids made me read it to them T H R E E T I M E S I N A R O W, a whole month A F T E R Valentine's Day. And every time we got to the last page they'd throw their hands in the air and yell, "HAPPY VALIMTIMES DAY, MOUSE!" Classic.
Kathryn Heavenissmilingabove
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book about really thinking about what our friends would enjoy for a gift and not being generic.
Angie Carter
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't enjoy reading a Valentine's Day book in March? Haha, typical procrastinator!
Austin Wright
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Drawn in an abstract style, with a simple story. I think there are better books to read to children.
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
ISBN: 978-0-06-180432-8
List Price: 6.99
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A favorite board book since my kids were little.
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My four-year-old niece loves this book. It's short and sweet and we read it every time we are together.
Rosa Cline
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kids, valentines
This book takes Mouse and he wants to make Valentine's for all his friends (all the friends from the "If you take a Mouse..." books) and each page tells why Mouse likes each friend like why they are so special to him.
Radhika
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Introducing the mystery genre to kids in a unique way

Flamingoes and valentines and lots and lots love.
Angie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A $7 book that I got for $1 at Walmarts Valentine's Day clearance aisle.

Such a simple little cute story.
Gina Valdez
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carter-books
Cute Valentines Day story for my one year old! He laughed and giggled the entire time! :)
Ali Dutil
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's Valentine's Day and Mouse wants to celebrate with all his friends. Mouse goes through and creates a valentine for each friend that we see in the "If You Give A...." books. Each valentine he creates ties in to each character's personality. Mouse's friends include Pig, Cat, Moose, Fox, Bunny, and Dog. In the end, Mouse is surprised by all the friends that he loves when they show up at his door with Valentine's Day cookies for him.

This book is intended for P-1st graders. The language is easy t
Nicole Hassan
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
summary: Mouse is making valentines for all of his friends. He makes one that is similar to their personality and wants each one to be perfect. He says why he loves each on of his friends. Someone appears at the door and it is all of his friends with valentine cookies for him!

age: nursery and primary readers. It is short, sweet, and to the point. The book has simple words that beginning readers, or someone being read to, can understand and enjoy.

artistic element: The pictures were mostly of ani
jacky
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
This was a bit of a disappointment. Natalie really loves If You Give a Mouse a Cookie right now, so a board book about mouse and Valentine's Day seemed awesome. But, the mouse is only on a couple pages, then it is the other If You Give ... series characters. That is great if your child loves all those books, but Natalie totally snubbed If You Give a Moose a Muffin. Not sure board book is the right format since the board book audience probably hasn't read all these books, and if they have, they d ...more
Sidney Chumbler
This book is about Valentines day and how mouse is thankful for all of his friends. This is my favorite books from her board books. It tells why mouse is thankful for all of his friends. Most of his friends are in other books as well. It is really cute and a well thought out book. Fell completely in love with it.
Denise
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
I think this tops any of the "If you give a..." books by Numeroff. Mouse is making valentines for his friends, pig, cat etc. and expresses why he loves each one. The story ends with a visit from mouse's friends who all bring him cookies of course!
Alyn
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
I expected more from this book. I was hoping it would be more like "When You Give a Mouse a Cookie" but it isn't. In this book Mouse is making cards for each of his friends and in the end they all get together to celebrate. It was quite boring for me.
Janet
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mouse is making special Valentines for each of his friends which have appeared in other Numeroff stories. His friends arrive bringing cookies which ties the story to a previous title by Numeroff--If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Charming and fo th youngest.
Kymberly
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014, childrens
A perfect little book to teach French kids about Valentine's day. It helped me to introduce some new animals as well as the concept of making Valentines for friends. In France, Valentine's Day is just for lovers so this was a brand new concept for them.
Regina L
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dolly loves the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books. In this Valentine’s Day edition, join Mouse as he celebrates the day with all the friends he loves. Read more at www.diapers-and-daydreams.com
Angelica Bergman
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is cute, but would have been nice to be a valentines one similar to her other style. Considering it is a board book, it is simple and sweet.
Ashley
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short book on the uniqueness of valentines!
Valentines Day 2018 1 1 Feb 17, 2017 01:41AM
Happy valentines day quotes valentines day messages 1 1 Dec 17, 2016 03:02AM
happy valentines day quotes valentines day messages 1 1 Dec 16, 2016 04:25AM

• The Day It Rained Hearts
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Night Before Valentine's Day (Reading Railroad Books)
  • Snowy Valentine
  • Tacky in Trouble
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Going to the Firehouse
  • Jingle Bells
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell!
  • Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #4)
  • Polar Opposites
  • How Do You Feel?
  • A Kiss Like This
  • The Easter Egg
Laura Joffe Numeroff is the New York Times bestselling author of author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Raising a Hero, and What Mommies/Daddies Do Best. She was born in Brooklyn, New York and graduated from Pratt Institute. Laura grew up as the youngest of three girls, surrounded by art, music, and books. An avid animal lover, Laura has always wanted to write a book about service dogs. She now ...more