Start by marking “Sand Chronicles, Volume 6 ” as Want to Read:
Sand Chronicles, Volume 6

Sand Chronicles, Volume 6

(Sunadokei #6)

R to L (Japanese Style). Ann and Daigo begin dating other people. But can anyone take the place of her first love in Ann's heart? Then, Ann learns a surprising secret about her father's romantic life!
Published September 1st 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sand Chronicles, Volume 6, please sign up.

Kevin
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Miss Hinako Ashihara takes us deeper into the emotions of our characters Shika, Daigo, Fuji, and Ann in this sixth installment of Sand Chronicles. Our characters are now dealing with ghosts that they have left behind: Ann is (view spoiler) Fuji is finally (view spoiler) ...more
Sophie (Blame Chocolate)
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This manga makes me bawl my eyes out every time. I still love it as much as I did the first time I read it, which is unusual, and I still feel the exact same connection to it as I did. It speaks to me in a way that no other manga ever has, and I absolutely adore the author's art as well. My heart hurts so much, though 3
Kristine Hansen
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The more I read this series, the more serious and kind of sad and maudlin it gets. Ann, you need to grow up! Oh wait, you are...

But Ann feels forever stopped in time. I felt sad for Fuji here. He's always tried so hard. I always rather liked him.
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it
When I began reading manga (which was only two months ago), I never expected to read something that was truly touching. I thought it would all be fun and cute. This series changes my mind completely about the type of manga I like. Sure, I enjoy reading funny manga like Special A or cute manga like Fruits Basket, but I enjoy reading manga with a realistic story line and deeper meaning much more. It’s just better that way. That’s what this series was for me and I can only hope I’ll find more like ...more
Dylan
Apr 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Amanda Setasha Hall
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, zzz-2017
If you need something to make you cry... This is it. This volume specifically. If the ones before this didn't break you, this one will for sure.
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lesangdeslivres
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

La couverture est belle avec de jolies couleurs et des personnages souriants sur le pont d’un bateau, rien de tel pour nous donner envie de nous lancer dans la suite de cette saga !

Quand nous commençons ce tome, tout nous revient en mémoire. Nous sommes dans l’attente de savoir ce qui va se passer pour An. Nous ressentons son chagrin et nous sommes très tourmentés pour elle.
Nous voyons une jeune femme en proie aux doutes qui essaie de penser à autre chose. Nous la suiv
Sophia F
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
... I really don't know what to say anymore.
I have been ranting and raving about how frustrating Ann's decisions have been, and I was actually forgiving her for majority of this manga, but as soon as she realized that her one and only wish from oh-so-long ago is still remaining as her current wish, I was just like: "I'm done." I'm taking a break from ranting and screaming in caps in this review, (for this series, I still might scream with caps in other reviews).
Ann should really make up h
Sarah Maddaford
When Ann finally gives Fuji a chance, he's actually a model boyfriend. I just wish the story didn't veer away from the main paring, but it doesn't seem like it will go back. Now, I'm just hoping that they both find their ways to happiness. This book includes a fade out sex scene again, but other than that it is fairly gentle/clean whatever. There isn't any objectionable language or violence that I remember.
Christina
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the first two volumes in this series, but as it progresses beyond that, the conflicts are too contrived. The characters actions don't seem authentic to who they are, but rather feel driven by the need to create drama--like a soap opera. They're quick reads, and I had requested the remaining volumes from the library (and picked them up two days ago), so will probably finish reading the series. But it's pretty obvious already how the series will end.
Kate
This series is way too melodramatic for me. I'm going to continue reading to the end, but it's not one I'd want to buy (thank goodness for libraries!) or reread, which is too bad because based on the first couple of volumes, I had higher hopes for the direction of the story.
Kristen
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the previous volume, but it still had it's moments. I really think Ann needs to figure out who she is individually, without a relationship, but I doubt that will ever happen considering that it's a Shojo Beat manga. :P
Théo
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are some chapters of this volume that I had already read when Sand Chronicles was serialized in the Shojo Beat magazine, but because I had not read the beginning of the story back then, I was not able to understand how intense these scenes were.
Melissa
Nov 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shojo fans
I'm personally a Fuji/Ann fan, so I quite liked this volume. ^_^ I think it's so adorable how much both Fuji and Daigo care for Ann. It's true that they both would like Ann for themselves, but more than that, they want Ann to be happy, which is so precious!
jenny
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015 added it
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Emma
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
"I was so wrapped up in myself that I didn't notice the huge changes the people around me were going through. I didn't notice a thing."
Katie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I wasn't to impressed with this series. I really thought I would like it more but nothing about it impressed me very much. Overall the only thing that was good about this magna was the drawing style.
Joy
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing how this series just gets better and better.
Starbubbles
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm a little tried of constantly reading "epilogues."
2 years later...
6 years later...

It makes it tough feeling like I'm reading a continous story with all of these gaps.
Chisom A
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.7/5 This manga was more of an informative manga - just like Amazing Agent Jennifer and Dawn of the Arcana.
Phoenix
Dec 14, 2018
Ying
Apr 02, 2010

• Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 5
  • Socrates in Love (Manga Adaptation)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 2
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • We Were There, Vol. 4
  • Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4: Includes Vol. 7  8
  • Megatokyo, Volume 5
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 3
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 7
Debut with "Sono Hanashi okotowari shimasu" in 1994 on Bessatsu Shoujo Comics.

Genres
Shoujo (17) Romance (14) Drama (11) School Life (6) Slice of Life (5) Sports (2) Comedy (2) Historical (1) Mystery (1) Mature (1) Gender Bender (1)

Japanese name: 芦原妃名子

Sunadokei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2