Start by marking “All the Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes, #3)” as Want to Read:
All the Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes, #3)

All the Right Reasons

(Damaged Heroes #3)

Can love heal all wounds? Lucas Mitchell returned from Iraq a bitter, changed man, wracked with guilt over his friend's death. He buys an ancient mansion and deals with his injuries and grief by restoring his new home and rehabilitating retired racehorses.

Published May 1st 2009 by BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about All the Right Reasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Right Reasons

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Sandy James:

All The Right Reasons is book three in the Damaged Heroes series by Sandy James. This book is being re-released on May 9.

Lucas Mitchell is home from Iraq but he is a changed man. Not only does he bear the scars on his body, but inside as well. He lost his best friend in the explosion and he suffers the guilt every single day. His brother Brian, and his friend Seth have helped him reacclimate back into society but he still suffers daily from PTSD. Lucas bought a huge older house that just seemed
Jen_C
Former military man with PTSD & scars now involved with horse racing and an artist/gypsy who's family won't accept him because he is not one of their people. The romance was great but the rest of the story was boringly detailed about her culture and the horse cart racing stuff to me. Hated the language too.

Sample quotes:

“It’s all right, Szivem.”
“What does that mean, Jozsa? You keep calling me Szivem. What does it mean?”
She felt herself blush, but she stared up into his eyes and replied, “I
Jeanie
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jeanie by: Sandy James
Shelves: first-reads
I just finished this last night and have so say I thouroughly enjoyed the characters of Lucas and Joy. They both were searching to "find" themselves in a way and escape their realities. I loved Joy's Gypsy background and strong sense of Family. When she sets eyes on Lucas, she knows he will be the ONE some day. With her Gypsy family Issues and Lucas' issues from Iraq they end up complimenting each other and helping to hear.
I LOVED it!
Thanks for making me a FIRST READ winner!
Caro
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, contemporary
I really enjoyed reading this book. Although it did have me wanting to knock some people upside the head quite a few times. There were great characters, their personalities, emotions, strength and courage, ups and downs, some steaminess, some surprises, and a perfect HEA. I loved getting to know the characters and would like to read more in this series. I liked the cultures too. This was written well and had me turning pages. Good for a cozy-snuggle in or sitting the sun kinda read for passing t ...more
Val Pearson
May 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!!
Lucas Mitchell was a complex character who had emotionally given up after losing his buddy on his tour in Iraq. Joy was the woman that could save him when no one else could. The relationship between Lucas and Joy was one unlike any I have read so far. Being a Gypsy, Joy could sense what Lucas needed. In subtle ways, Lucas would be able to sense what Joy wanted and needed. To add to this intriguing plot line, the Romungro culture is steeped in tradition and Joy's family would not let Lucas join t ...more
Kayla
All The Right Reasons is Sandy James' 3rd book in her Damaged Heros series. The book tells the story of a man named Lucas who comes home from fighting in Iraq. The war has changed Lucas though. He comes home from fighting bitter and guilty over his friend's death in Iraq. In order to deal with his pain, Lucas decides to buy an old mansion and fix it up, as well as fix up a few retired racehorses.

Now, what girl doesn't fall for a broken man? We all want to be the one who fixes them, right? Well,
K.A. Jordan
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book hit all my 'goodie' buttons. A gypsy girl, a wounded warrior, horses, a big old house and a disfunctional family! The conflict that Joy feels as she falls in love with an 'outsider' felt real to me.

The icing was the fact that it's a well-written book, with few typos or formatting glitches. I like that the love scenes weren't graphic - and the characters had feelings for each other long before they ended up in the bedroom.

While this book is the third in the series, it stands alone very
Judith
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of those wonderful tales that grabs your heart strings and won't let go. A very damaged Iraq veteran encounters a petite and winsome Gypsy named Joy, an artist who is "drawn" to an old Victorian mansion, one that is a reminder of the Money Pit kind of house. Their story is one of healing, of coming to terms with one's own destiny, about dealing with the claims others have on one's life, one the power of love to make someone whole. It is a wonderful love story but there is so much going on in ...more
Fina Kasea
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This was great read. Not only did it have the heart felt, romantic, sexual attraction between the hero and heroine. It dove into issues like PTSD, Survivors remorse, and racial preference in a couple. Joy is a great heroine smart and feisty and i loved Lucas bc he was just amount of badass but not an alpha to the point of being a dick- I loved how he chose to win her family over respectfully:) I could so relate
Melindeeloo
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this a lot, this was mostly sweet (but still had a touch of steam) Joy was just the right person to help to heal the damaged Lucas. I loved both of these characters, and didn't mind the gentle pace of the story. This is actually book 3 (I think) and even thought there was a sense that several of the other pairs in the supporting cast had a story, it was no problem to start here.
NMNL7
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Siren-BookStrand celebrates the publication of their 700th title by giving Sandy James' spectacular, award-winning ALL THE RIGHT REASONS [Damaged Heroes 3] as a FREE E-BOOK download!

Here the link:

(you'll have to create an account to order the ebook)

Victoria
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Barbara
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
An intriguing look at internal turmoil and outside pressures.
Donna
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All I am going to say about this one is that it is a great read. I enjoyed it tremendously.
TJ
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good book. Loved the unconventional heroine! She was a perfect march for a wounded hero! There isn't much history about gypsies and there were some enlightening moments within the story.

Rita
Jun 11, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was a slow starter and I was not sure I would finish it. I did however and I'm glad because I learned some interesting things about the Gypsy culture.
Mya
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 really kinda long
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military, cowboys
My Favorite of the Damaged Heroes series.
Diana
Jun 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Terrible almost 1300 pages of nothing.
Sharon Morris Marks
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. the characters were believeable and had you laughing with them and crying too.
Kim Mcjunkins
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow what a great story!
Marcie Oropeza
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a sweet book! I learned quite a bit about Hungarian gypsy customs, certain types of horse racing and it had a great ending! What more could you ask for?
Mildred Bromberg
Nov 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Not only is it a love story, but it has something to say about the young men returning from Iraq.
Charnel
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A really good read. I'm excited about reading book 1 & 2 in the series. The characters drew me in from the very beginning.
Shelley
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, boxset, romance
A gypsy who falls in love with a war hero. She knows he is the one for her and that fate/destiny has brought them together. He is still battling with war demons. The patience and love shown in this book will melt your heart.
LilyElement
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
All the Right Reasons is book three in the Damaged Heroes series. I've read the other two books in this series so far and love that this one had a diverse main character. I'm all for diversity in books, as long as they're not cliche. While this did have some of those cliche scenes of the family, the main character Joy was well done and I really enjoyed her story.

Joy Kovacs works at her family's restaurant but longs to chase her dreams and be an artist. She's at a horse race selling her artwork w
Goddess Of Blah
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
SO BORING I QUIT READING. DUMB SH*IT.
description
However, going by what this author has previously written I can see she doesn't write the type of fiction I prefer. There were so many cringe-worthy moments that you will gag. The heroine, Joy, speaks to the elements (she's a gypsy so of course it's normal - all said with a straight face).
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME THICK
description
And of course, she goes about making blithe and utterly insouciant comments regarding her wind communicating prowess so that we have "the
LynnMarie
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lena’s Review

Lucas Mitchell is back, but he’s a different person. When he left years ago he was a young man anxious to travel and fight for his country. Yet, like all wars, it changes a person—in Lucas’s case dramatically. Now back in the States, he is trying to lead a normal life. What he doesn’t need is a woman like Joy Kovacs turning his life upside down. Something about Joy makes him want to be alive again but his past comes back to haunt him. As a soldier he knows how to maintain control b
Jo Notary
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
312p Can love heal all wounds? Lucas Mitchell returned from Iraq a bitter, changed man, wracked with guilt over his friend's death. He buys an old mansion and deals with his injuries and grief by restoring his new home and rehabilitating retired racehorses.
Joy Kovacs falls in love with Lucas at first sight. Descended from gypsies who are still influenced by the lingering effects of the Holocaust, her family follows the traditional ways. A husband has already been selected for her, and her father

• Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • Two Weeks with a SEAL (Wakefield Romance, #1)
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift, #2)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • The Spurned Viscountess
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Beyond Midnight
  • Love is in the Air
  • Double Down (Vegas Top Guns Book 1)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • Anything You Ask
  • Cowboy, Sing Me Home
  • Danger Zone: Tales of Military Passion
Sandy lives in a quiet suburb of Indianapolis and is a high school social studies teacher. She is published through Grand Central Forever Yours and Carina Press as well as indie-published. An Amazon #1 Bestseller many times, she has won numerous awards, including two HOLT Medallions.

Please visit her website at http://sandyjames.com for more information or find her on Twitter (https://twitter.com/

Damaged Heroes (5 books)
  • Murphy's Law (Damaged Heroes, #1)
  • Free Falling (Damaged Heroes, #2)
  • Faith of the Heart (Damaged Heroes, #4)
  • Twist of Fate (Damaged Heroes #5)